Impasse

Covid schedules which fucked over a large portion of the membership
Right. Definitely delayed and long lasting consequences for their collaborationšŸ¤£ delaying training was never a good idea.
You would think after how many shutdowns that would have been on the list of lessons learnedā€¦..
Once everyone has checked out it will be time to push the issue. A large group of us missed 2-3 1.6% raises and NATCA has said they will NOT be pressing for it. It WILL take an act of congress.

But I think early next year someone will be posting a template to turn into reps, facreps and national saying that they would like to see it...and if the union won't press ill have to take my 1.6% and support a grassroots movement of handwriting letters to senators/reps.

The problem is people are still training so they will in no way be comfortable turning something like that in.

The time to bring this issue to attention is not now...but with national elections taking place next year be a real shame if one of the candidates said they'd make this a priority.

Once everyone has checked out it will be time to push the issue. A large group of us missed 2-3 1.6% raises and NATCA has said they will NOT be pressing for it. It WILL take an act of congress.

But I think early next year someone will be posting a template to turn into reps, facreps and national saying that they would like to see it...and if the union won't press ill have to take my 1.6% and support a grassroots movement of handwriting letters to senators/reps.

The problem is people are still training so they will in no way be comfortable turning something like that in.

The time to bring this issue to attention is not now...but with national elections taking place next year be a real shame if one of the candidates said they'd make this a priority.
Not only that but we missed out on tsp match and 20+ years of compounding. Also you really miss out on your last 3 years of top salary not the 3 years you missed.

Charged sick leave for banging on OT?
View attachment 9141

Behind The Scenes GIF by BET Awards

Every local should schedule negotiations to impasse if the RVP supports it or not. It's one of the few things you can do at the local level to help damage the collaboration environment which has set back most of our careers.

Every local should schedule negotiations to impasse if the RVP supports it or not. It's one of the few things you can do at the local level to help damage the collaboration environment which has set back most of our careers.
The problem is that you have dick all for leverage as a rep. The longer you take to get the shit done, the more likely your own bargaining unit turns on you. People stop caring what you're fighting for when you're waiting until February or March to bid

The problem is that you have dick all for leverage as a rep. The longer you take to get the shit done, the more likely your own bargaining unit turns on you. People stop caring what you're fighting for when you're waiting until February or March to bid
Good reps will talk to other reps around the country and try to figure out whatā€™s going on.
BWS negations are paramount to a facility for QOL.
It takes time to gain the experience of the ins and outs a facility. Learn what makes your managers tick and figure out a way to keep the peace and get shit your members want. This is just as important as pay. Finding ways to manipulate the schedule to get as many people on shifts that fit their lives is almost just as important as your paycheck. We have to fight these things from the ground up. The NEB isnā€™t going to negotiate everyoneā€™s schedule for them.

Good reps will talk to other reps around the country and try to figure out whatā€™s going on.
BWS negations are paramount to a facility for QOL.
It takes time to gain the experience of the ins and outs a facility. Learn what makes your managers tick and figure out a way to keep the peace and get shit your members want. This is just as important as pay. Finding ways to manipulate the schedule to get as many people on shifts that fit their lives is almost just as important as your paycheck. We have to fight these things from the ground up. The NEB isnā€™t going to negotiate everyoneā€™s schedule for them.
Nah dude just ask 32, money is the only thing that matters

I think if there was any confidence your boys at the NEB would get anything significant done outside of pay there would be discussion there too.

But I guess Iā€™ll have to give you credit for paid parental leave and no layoffs during COVID lol.
What's on the NEB minutes that just came out

Back
Top Bottom