Impasse

Big increase in MOU impasse this year. Seems like management made a concerted effort from upon high to punish the BU as a response to their own terrible staffing processes. We’re going to fuck you on staffing for the 10th straight year and because we did that now we’re also going to strip all your MOUs to dogshit. Win win for us cuz you idiots will just blame your union anyway.
Ya sure. Not blaming the union for the shit MOU they almost when to impasse where I work. Management won with their increase to the daily staffing number to try and decrease ATC limited, all it’s going to be is increase sick leave usage and then less people to try and get to come in on day of OT. It will back fire on them when we learn how to work around the MOUs.

No, it isnt. We've been on 6 day work weeks for over a year w no end in sight. No one wants hold over on top of all the OT we already work. The average at our facility is at least 300 hrs of OT for 2023 and several people are in the 500 hour range. One guy has over 900.

Management thinks we want the OT and truly believe we're manipulating the schedule to get more of it. 80% of us are on the no list.
Little known fact I just calculated the most ot possible 1042

Ya sure. Not blaming the union for the shit MOU they almost when to impasse where I work. Management won with their increase to the daily staffing number to try and decrease ATC limited, all it’s going to be is increase sick leave usage and then less people to try and get to come in on day of OT. It will back fire on them when we learn how to work around the MOUs.
Union signs a memorandum of understanding.

"NOT BLAMING THE UNION FOR THE SHIT MOU"

I'm confused.

Big increase in MOU impasse this year. Seems like management made a concerted effort from upon high to punish the BU as a response to their own terrible staffing processes. We’re going to fuck you on staffing for the 10th straight year and because we did that now we’re also going to strip all your MOUs to dogshit. Win win for us cuz you idiots will just blame your union anyway.

Really? If that’s the issue I’d say the union or locale has a communication issue. But, that’s a great attitude to have towards your fellow brothers and sisters who are upset. /s

For what it’s worth, ours got delayed, went round and round and the rep did a good job. He also answered any questions if people were asking them and communicated effectively.

It’s amazing how far effective communication and honesty will go in the union. It’s too bad that it is not the norm.

Union signs a memorandum of understanding.

"NOT BLAMING THE UNION FOR THE SHIT MOU"

I'm confused.
Nobody wants to be rep, current schedule was shit and they fixed that part so wanted to proceed with that but couldn’t without agreeing to the rest….went ATC limited over 20+ times, management answer need more people per day, NATCA says give us more staffing and they laugh. Specific situation with more staffing wouldn’t solve the problems when closers call out.

Those numbers sound like very base salaries. Facebook engineers in New York easily make $300k+. Netflix is known for paying $450k. I agree that the $1M comment is a little exaggerated. Maybe for directors or VPs. But for many mid level engineers at the big tech companies in LA, SF, NYC are easily making $250-500k. Base salaries can be $200k but then they get $150k in stock.

Nobody wants to be rep, current schedule was shit and they fixed that part so wanted to proceed with that but couldn’t without agreeing to the rest….went ATC limited over 20+ times, management answer need more people per day, NATCA says give us more staffing and they laugh. Specific situation with more staffing wouldn’t solve the problems when closers call out.
You must be the facility that calls in every morning.

Those numbers sound like very base salaries. Facebook engineers in New York easily make $300k+. Netflix is known for paying $450k. I agree that the $1M comment is a little exaggerated. Maybe for directors or VPs. But for many mid level engineers at the big tech companies in LA, SF, NYC are easily making $250-500k. Base salaries can be $200k but then they get $150k in stock.

They’re the median salary for the company-wide computer engineers not for specific locations per the linked sources

You are posting starting pay…

So compare that to AG pay

Additionally, here is Microsoft starting pay

Ah the ol bang out on your Monday work your Saturday

No usually ours are 2nd shift problems. And people just don’t answer for OT anymore, pisses management off. It’s like they think we are military and supposed to be on free on all 🤣
Bonuses are important to them 🫡 you should offer to do more collaterals for free.

They’re the median salary for the company-wide computer engineers not for specific locations per the linked sources
Technically you are correct... I think I see your reasoning...

The salary of these Software engineers is as you said about 150k-200K and they make another 100K in bonuses and 1 Million dollars in Stocks.

The whole compensation package is $1.2Million but the "Salary" is 150K...

I'd be fine with keeping our current "Salary" and getting $1 Million in Bonuses. The compensation package we get is Crap... Everything is pigeonholed... Just give me the cash... Even then it isn't anything close to the millions these guys get...

Is that global then? Then it's even more skewed because they pay engineers overseas in the UK and India like $60k while US based engineers make $250-550k

Is that global then? Then it's even more skewed because they pay engineers overseas in the UK and India like $60k while US based engineers make $250-550k
US engineers designed and built all of the cool shit our military has. Countries like India and UK just buy it from us.

US engineers designed and built all of the cool shit our military has. Countries like India and UK just buy it from us.
What does this have to do with any of this? I'm talking about Facebook and Microsoft's own employees that they hire in other countries and pay 1/8th of what they pay their own US employees thus skewing the median salary

What does this have to do with any of this? I'm talking about Facebook and Microsoft's own employees that they hire in other countries and pay 1/8th of what they pay their own US employees thus skewing the median salary
Scratch what I said I mis read. Were talking about computer engineers.

Back
Top Bottom