Impasse

Another thread that ends up off topic. This could have been a good resource for people going into negotiations next year, with experiences from this year. Instead we’re back to the same old echo chamber

Another thread that ends up off topic. This could have been a good resource for people going into negotiations next year, with experiences from this year. Instead we’re back to the same old echo chamber
Once the FAA or Congress give us a substantial raise we can stop talking about it. Until then the conversation will continue.

Most schedules revolve around crap schedule and OT.. someone says OT isn’t that bad and that is how money gets into the conversation.

Once the FAA or Congress give us a substantial raise we can stop talking about it. Until then the conversation will continue.

Most schedules revolve around crap schedule and OT.. someone says OT isn’t that bad and that is how money gets into the conversation.

There’s plenty of threads about raises and money here. This thread was about IMPASSE. No facilities went to impasse because of pay. It’s strictly the FAA flexing on the bargaining unit, and trying to fuck us over because of the bad press. You obviously aren’t a rep or care to be helpful to your facility in future negotiations on your BWS.

To get back on topic, we had our center go to impasse too. Thought it might be a district thing but now it seems FAA wide. Our manager said something along the lines of ‘people are complaining about too much overtime so we wanted to reduce that to help the controllers. Alright… well when it gets to me on round 2 and the summer is wiped clean it’s not making me like the facility more. I couldn’t even get the non-holiday summer week I wanted in round 1. The FAA fucked up staffing and now they’re punishing us to patch up the problem.

There’s plenty of threads about raises and money here. This thread was about IMPASSE. No facilities went to impasse because of pay. It’s strictly the FAA flexing on the bargaining unit, and trying to fuck us over because of the bad press. You obviously aren’t a rep or care to be helpful to your facility in future negotiations on your BWS.
People went to impasse because a schedule that forces a lot of overtime… someone said OT isn’t that bad and at least we are not like “high paid white collar jobs” that work mandatory additional hours with no OT… only salary…

I squashed that argument from the white knights like yourself who try and debate that type of point/perspective.

I’m not gonna dox myself on if I do anything or nothing at all for the union. But my facility got everything we wanted on our MOU Negotiations so IDK WTF you are talking about with your last sentence.

carrossel-briga.gif

People went to impasse because a schedule that forces a lot of overtime… someone said OT isn’t that bad and at least we are not like “high paid white collar jobs” that work mandatory additional hours with no OT… only salary…

I squashed that argument from the white knights like yourself who try and debate that type of point/perspective.

I’m not gonna dox myself on if I do anything or nothing at all for the union. But my facility got everything we wanted on our MOU Negotiations so IDK WTF you are talking about with your last sentence.
Im not a white knight talking about others peoples jobs. No one went to impasse because we aren’t paid enough money or didn’t get a raise. Let’s discuss impasse not something that every other thread talks about.

Im not a white knight talking about others peoples jobs. No one went to impasse because we aren’t paid enough money or didn’t get a raise. Let’s discuss impasse not something that every other thread talks about.
What is there to talk about with impasse for a normal BUE.. Don’t go to impasse if at all avoidable… if you do go to impasse expect for the historical normal to be implemented unless you have a well documented case on why it should change.

This is all REP stuff though what is a normal BUE gonna do about impasse or learn? NATCA has an entire class on MOU Negotiations… if you are a REP coming to .65 for what to do at impasse… you have already failed your membership.

Most BUEs don’t wanna be involved with negotiation anyway. Other things yes, membership will be involved… but Negotiations most people stay away from and if they are coming to .65… again they have failed at their responsibility.

Last edited:
Impasse is usually a terrible idea. I can possibly see doing it in the situation with district interference and a higher level game being played. Otherwise you're probably going to get fucked on impasse.
They're planning on fucking us anyway. Schedule hardly gets worse for us than what we have now. They're trying to eliminate overtime when we're under national average staffing. And have almost 60% trainee to cpc ratio. These fucking morons see the number of people we have on board is over 100% staffing level so they can't work out how we're getting so much OT.

BANG ON EVERY OT.

They're planning on fucking us anyway. Schedule hardly gets worse for us than what we have now. They're trying to eliminate overtime when we're under national average staffing. And have almost 60% trainee to cpc ratio. These fucking morons see the number of people we have on board is over 100% staffing level so they can't work out how we're getting so much OT.

BANG ON EVERY OT.
Some of us remember when this was an issue last time.
If they refuse to staff and schedule ot don't take call in was the non work action unofficial advice.

The problem is that there's always people that don't care about the greater good. PATCO was committed enough to make demands (have them met and then request more so also stupid) and willing to risk their job in demands of better conditions.

I guarantee you if national sent anything out about impasse and staffing 1 out of 10 people would say yay union let's fight, the other 9 would still go in.

Who do we blame for the lack of caring and involvement? Can you show me a list of things we've gotten in the past 10 years that hasn't been extended to ALL federal employees?

It's every man for themselves at facilities take as long as possible on breaks, leave as early as possible, we all get the same 1.6 right?

At this point I'd take some oversight in exchange for money

Some of us remember when this was an issue last time.
If they refuse to staff and schedule ot don't take call in was the non work action unofficial advice.

The problem is that there's always people that don't care about the greater good. PATCO was committed enough to make demands (have them met and then request more so also stupid) and willing to risk their job in demands of better conditions.

I guarantee you if national sent anything out about impasse and staffing 1 out of 10 people would say yay union let's fight, the other 9 would still go in.

Who do we blame for the lack of caring and involvement? Can you show me a list of things we've gotten in the past 10 years that hasn't been extended to ALL federal employees?

It's every man for themselves at facilities take as long as possible on breaks, leave as early as possible, we all get the same 1.6 right?

At this point I'd take some oversight in exchange for money
You got that right. Stagnant is the place NATCA went to and never returned.
They will die on Covid schedules and PPL that’s the best they can come up with since 2016.

I’ll add to that like you said, I wanna see a list of government employees fired during Covid…cause they were selling what they were doing like sliced bread🤣

You got that right. Stagnant is the place NATCA went to and never returned.
They will die on Covid schedules and PPL that’s the best they can come up with since 2016.

I’ll add to that like you said, I wanna see a list of government employees fired during Covid…cause they were selling what they were doing like sliced bread🤣
Covid schedules which fucked over a large portion of the membership

Covid schedules which fucked over a large portion of the membership
Right. Definitely delayed and long lasting consequences for their collaboration🤣 delaying training was never a good idea.
You would think after how many shutdowns that would have been on the list of lessons learned…..

Back
Top Bottom