Joe Biden on the UAW strike

So he's in support of the UAW but told the Railroad screw your sick days?
Just because that negotiation stopped being front-page news after December doesn't mean nothing happened. They got their sick days.

Just because that negotiation stopped being front-page news after December doesn't mean nothing happened. They got their sick days.
It stopped being front page news because he overrode the railroad union members' vote to strike and the railroad union leadership rolled over and took it on the promise they would get something quietly after the fact. Railroad workers got a pittance compared to what they should have gotten and it was because their union and their president both screwed them.

This is quite true. A number of railroad employees were eventually given 4 paid sick days per year, and even allowed to use their paid leave if they were truly ill. The beneficence of the Predator Class cannot be overstated. I for one consider it a blessing that they rose up in bipartisan blockade. Never has human wellbeing been so truly valued before.

I for one support post-birth abortion for any railroad employee who is so ill that perhaps more than 4 days sick would be used.

So he's in support of the UAW but told the Railroad screw your sick days?
I can’t believe nobody is outraged about this. How Uncle Sam butted in and said fuck the railroads and bargaining organizations engaged in legal agreements with one-another. We’ll just step in and put our own rules in place for you both. After all, we’re the government and we always make decisions for your best interest, right?

IMG_2245.png

“Tuesday, I’ll go to Michigan to join the picket line and stand in solidarity with the men and women of UAW as they fight for a fair share of the value they helped create. It’s time for a win-win agreement that keeps American auto manufacturing thriving with well-paid UAW jobs,” Biden wrote on social media Friday evening.

Back
Top Bottom