Justin Dailey for NATCA President

You can’t justify any of this spending when they claimed they didn’t have the money to negotiate the contract
I don't think anyone said they didn't have the money, it sounded more like they didn't want to spend it. But, that's neither here nor there. Your point is valid. Trying to somehow lay the blame of this Unions spending on 1 NEB member is laughable.

If you're gonna bitch, ateast make sure your bitching is accurate.

I don't think anyone said they didn't have the money, it sounded more like they didn't want to spend it. But, that's neither here nor there. Your point is valid. Trying to somehow lay the blame of this Unions spending on 1 NEB member is laughable.

If you're gonna bitch, ateast make sure your bitching is accurate.
I actually had a corporate job before this. And you’d go to these conferences and vendors would pay for all this stuff. It sounds like NATCA is trying to recreate this experience except the members are paying for it. I don’t think it’s appropriate for a public employee union.

And saying that Nick and Jamaal engineered the whole thing isn’t true either. Scheduling of the venues was handled by the Convention Committee, and neither one of them were on it. But continue to spin it how you want.

I actually had a corporate job before this. And you’d go to these conferences and vendors would pay for all this stuff. It sounds like NATCA is trying to recreate this experience except the members are paying for it. I don’t think it’s appropriate for a public employee union.
Thats basically CFS to me. Except the sponsors are paying for the happy hour after each day's session, and that's about it. The Convention stuff is different, as it's our Unions business, which shouldn't be beholden to outside influences.

And saying that Nick and Jamaal engineered the whole thing isn’t true either. Scheduling of the venues was handled by the Convention Committee, and neither one of them were on it. But continue to spin it how you want.
Really??? That's super interesting. If that is true, it isn't "spin". It's blatant lies.

I disagree. CFS is a good event. There is room for improvement, no doubt. Improving it is much better than getting rid of it.
There are elements that are good. But I don't need a motivational speech from an armless private pilot. Or the opinions of out of touch FAA leadership. The corporate sponsor boothes are probably the most interesting part now. Gordon Graham (sp?) was good.

There are elements that are good. But I don't need a motivational speech from an armless private pilot. Or the opinions of out of touch FAA leadership. The corporate sponsor boothes are probably the most interesting part now. Gordon Graham (sp?) was good.
Yeah he was worth listening to

There are people in the SW region now saying they weren’t even invited to this event. So the convention committee bussed everyone else away randomly rented out a yacht where Nick and Jamaal just happened to announce their candidacy and not everyone in the region was invited. Sounds like a pretty shitty convention committee or maybeeee nick and jamaal were involved.

There are people in the SW region now saying they weren’t even invited to this event. So the convention committee bussed everyone else away randomly rented out a yacht where Nick and Jamaal just happened to announce their candidacy and not everyone in the region was invited. Sounds like a pretty shitty convention committee or maybeeee nick and jamaal were involved.
Who is saying they weren't invited to the 3 region regional dinner that all of the members of those regions were supposed to attend?

Pretty stupid thing to say since all of the attendees got an agenda that had all of the regional dinner sites and times listed on it. Sounds like the people you are talking to are morons.

I've done the math, taking the total cost of each dinner event and dividing it by the number of locals represented at each of them.

NGL Dinner: $169.94 (transportation costs not included - shared charter bus)
NSO/NAL/NRX Dinner: $194.10 (transportation costs not included - shared charter bus)
NEA/NNE/NCE Dinner: $211.21 (taxi/rideshare required at individual/locals own cost)
NWP/NSW/NNM Dinner: $244.71 (transportation not required - boarding at the property)

The numbers don't lie. The costs were more or less in line with what other regions would have spent if transportation would have been included. Everyone is getting hung up on the "yacht" buzzword.

I've done the math, taking the total cost of each dinner event and dividing it by the number of locals represented at each of them.

NSO/NAL/NRX Dinner: $194.10 (transportation costs not included - shared charter bus)
NEA/NNE/NCE Dinner: $211.21 (taxi/rideshare required at individual/locals own cost)
NWP/NSW/NNM Dinner: $244.71 (transportation not required - boarding at the property)

The numbers don't lie. The costs were more or less in line with what other regions would have spent if transportation would have been included. Everyone is getting hung up on the "yacht" buzzword.
Idk why you are defending this insane behavior so hard. Multi hundred dollar dinners a union meeting? Tf.

It's bad optics no matter how you spin it. This is probably going to be the most contested election and more line members actually give a shit as to how dues are being spent instead of business as usual.

The boat was booked for three different regions at convention for the regional dinner since there wasn’t a large enough venue nearby that would host everyone. Compared to some of the other restaurants and bars listed on the LM-2, it’s not even that much more expensive when you factor in the amount of people and number of regions that were involved in that.
This is what full service catering/restaurant rental looks like in South Florida. Sorry not everyone was sitting out by a fire eating beanie weenies.
These comments are out of touch with reality. How about instead of doing the convention in south Florida, maybe have the convention somewhere less expensive. Crazy idea I know. Filet Mignon just tastes better on a yacht in Miami than it does in Des Moines! Fuck it, why not just go to Hawaii next year? OH WAIT

These comments are out of touch with reality. How about instead of doing the convention in south Florida, maybe have the convention somewhere less expensive. Crazy idea I know. Filet Mignon just tastes better on a yacht in Miami than it does in Des Moines! Fuck it, why not just go to Hawaii next year? OH WAIT
The reality is the convention body votes on the location of the conventions, not the leadership. Next one is in San Francisco, and then Chicago. Can't wait for the incoming President to make the delegates sleep in cardboard boxes like the rest of the citizens of SF.

This is what full service catering/restaurant rental looks like in South Florida. Sorry not everyone was sitting out by a fire eating beanie weenies.
No 200 dollar dinners aren’t normal in south Florida. If that’s the case then don’t have the convention there.

Back
Top Bottom