Justin Dailey for NATCA President

Because they don’t want to spend some of their vacation time flying to some circle jerk? We pay dues so they can go collectively bargain for us. They haven’t done that in a long time.

Also the convention is dumb asf cus they vote down every amendment anyways
Yeah, the average sheep wants to put their head down and go to work, and expect everything else to just work out. I get it. That's fine, but what's crazy is pretending this is some elite club just because you chose not to get involved.

Yeah, the average sheep wants to put their head down and go to work, and expect everything else to just work out. I get it. That's fine, but what's crazy is pretending this is some elite club just because you chose not to get involved.
We pay dues and we elect representatives. We are allowed to be pissed if nothing is coming of our investment.

Because they don’t want to spend some of their vacation time flying to some circle jerk? We pay dues so they can go collectively bargain for us. They haven’t done that in a long time.

Also the convention is dumb asf cus they vote down every amendment anyways

We pay dues and we elect representatives. We are allowed to be pissed if nothing is coming of our investment.

Attachments

• 475C05D2-643A-48A5-8136-FCE9AEAD5571.png
    475C05D2-643A-48A5-8136-FCE9AEAD5571.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 21
If a controller made $100,000 in 2016 (when this contract went into effect), they would need to make $131,000 today to have the same purchasing power. Over that time frame, someone with $100K salary would have received around $12,000 in contractual raises. That’s a net loss of $19,000 in purchasing power over 8 years.

"If you ignore the raises intended to combat inflation, we're losing money to inflation!"

A controller making $100,000 in 2016, after including federal AND contractual raises, would be making $135,245 today. I don't disagree that we should be making more, but you can't make that point by blatantly cherry-picking stats.

"If you ignore the raises intended to combat inflation, we're losing money to inflation!"

A controller making $100,000 in 2016, after including federal AND contractual raises, would be making $135,245 today. I don't disagree that we should be making more, but you can't make that point by blatantly cherry-picking stats.

According to the CPI inflation calculator, $100k in January 2016 is equivalent to around $131k in February 2024. So you got about a 3% raise over 8 years after adjusting for inflation. Aka 0.375% raise per year after adjusting for inflation.

"The average controller is an idiot if they can't get off the schedule and use their own leave and money to get to the convention to hear a ballroom full of shills gargle Rich Santa's cock."

^this literal subhuman
You guys talking all this steak, lobster, 5 star resort, yacht stuff. But you can't even be bothered to buy a plane ticket. Must not be that great.

Now that NATCA is tracking ERR demand and releases, how about they sort by last release date and/or ERR demand into/out of facilities and hold these conventions and meetings in places where controllers aren’t moving and their careers are held hostage. Instead the NATCA elite vacation and spend member’s time and money on a beach or a yacht eating expensive dinners.
I wish they’d at least account for time at facility when it comes to ERRs. A CPC that’s been checked out the longest should be the first one out. If they leave and come back, for whatever reason, their time should be reset. This would work for lower level facilities. Not sure how it’d work for higher levels. It would give those of us stuck somewhere at a low level up/down a timeline at least. I understand they’re trying to staff shorter staffed places, and the whole NCEPT is built to get people to lower their standards and put in for short staffed places to try and be out first. But training people over and over just to see them leave on some BS is rough. It’s just creating an environment that teaches people to game the system, which helps no one. Kind of off topic. lol.

I wish they’d at least account for time at facility when it comes to ERRs. A CPC that’s been checked out the longest should be the first one out. If they leave and come back, for whatever reason, their time should be reset. This would work for lower level facilities. Not sure how it’d work for higher levels. It would give those of us stuck somewhere at a low level up/down a timeline at least. I understand they’re trying to staff shorter staffed places, and the whole NCEPT is built to get people to lower their standards and put in for short staffed places to try and be out first. But training people over and over just to see them leave on some BS is rough. It’s just creating an environment that teaches people to game the system, which helps no one. Kind of off topic. lol.
Agree with this idea in general but the downside is what about when someone tries for years to get out, let’s say 4 years of having an ERR in to get out. Then the first panel in 4 years where the facility is able to release, someone randomly decides you know what I’ll put in an ERR and they jump that person when they decided on a whim to get out? I have a bigger problem with that situation than the situation this “fixes”.

Agree with this idea in general but the downside is what about when someone tries for years to get out, let’s say 4 years of having an ERR in to get out. Then the first panel in 4 years where the facility is able to release, someone randomly decides you know what I’ll put in an ERR and they jump that person when they decided on a whim to get out? I have a bigger problem with that situation than the situation this “fixes”.
I’ve thought about that, and that’s why I say it works for a lower level where you know where people stand. There are always a couple that are wild cards, but at the same time, if they’ve been there longer, then sure. It creates less people working “behind the scenes” to try and get out. At the same time, staffing needs to get out of the hands of FAA finance. And maybe they need to seriously look at how many ERRs are in per facility for staffing. X amount of people want out, let’s get more people there. At a basic level, hire more and more quickly. But it’s the federal government. Everything is slow as hell.

Back
Top Bottom