Justin Dailey for NATCA President

The reality is the convention body votes on the location of the conventions, not the leadership. Next one is in San Francisco, and then Chicago. Can't wait for the incoming President to make the delegates sleep in cardboard boxes like the rest of the citizens of SF.
You’re either being totally obtuse, or you’re just flat out brain dead and I’m not sure which is worse. Our leaders are taking union dues (a percentage of the earnings of the people they’re supposed to represent) and renting a fucking yacht for their dinner. It’s totally unacceptable and tone deaf no matter how you try to spin it. Nobody’s advocating for anyone to sleep under a bridge, but maybe stay at a 3-Star Holiday Inn and not a 5 star fountainbleu Miami Beach hotel ya know? But why would anyone want to be a national union leader and not fuck over their constituents right?

You’re either being totally obtuse, or you’re just flat out brain dead and I’m not sure which is worse. Our leaders are taking union dues (a percentage of the earnings of the people they’re supposed to represent) and renting a fucking yacht for their dinner. It’s totally unacceptable and tone deaf no matter how you try to spin it. Nobody’s advocating for anyone to sleep under a bridge, but maybe stay at a 3-Star Holiday Inn and not a 5 star fountainbleu Miami Beach hotel ya know? But why would anyone want to be a national union leader and not fuck over their constituents right?
Are there any Holiday Inns with 20,000sqft+ of meeting space?

I was just throwing out a random hotel name. I guarantee you there are less expensive options in Miami than a five star hotel in Miami Beach. Again, you guys are being intentionally obtuse and confrontational over something that is so simple.
My point is meeting space is the issue. We are essentially forced into using more expensive hotels because we need the space. I'm not being obtuse or confrontational. I am being rational and realistic.

If people have better ideas, we as a union should listen and try to do better. If people are just going to bitch and complain without even being honest about what they are bitching about, why should the membership listen.

Also, Google says the convention hotel was on Hollywood Beach and a 4 star hotel.

I guess we’re going to McDonalds at the next convention, everyone.

This is the last thing I’ll say about it. The cost of the yacht was roughly equal to the cost of the other options provided like I proved. The choices were not cheap since you can’t really call ahead for a reservation with a party of 150+ and hope a table is ready. That’s not obtuse, those are just the facts. If you don’t like it, get on the next available convention committee or actually speak to someone that is involved with it. Or continue to vent endlessly on a forum. Your choice.

My point is meeting space is the issue. We are essentially forced into using more expensive hotels because we need the space. I'm not being obtuse or confrontational. I am being rational and realistic.

If people have better ideas, we as a union should listen and try to do better. If people are just going to bitch and complain without even being honest about what they are bitching about, why should the membership listen.

Also, Google says the convention hotel was on Hollywood Beach and a 4 star hotel.
I’m certain a Miami Beach 5 star hotel is the only place in the entire CONUS with meeting space. Couldn’t find that anywhere else 🙄. The only way we can advance the Union agenda is by meeting in exotic expensive locations, eating 5 star dinners, and renting $50,000 yachts.

This is the last thing I’ll say about it. The cost of the yacht was roughly equal to the cost of the other options provided like I proved. The choices were not cheap since you can’t really call ahead for a reservation with a party of 150+ and hope a table is ready. That’s not obtuse, those are just the facts. If you don’t like it, get on the next available convention committee or actually speak to someone that is involved with it. Or continue to vent endlessly on a forum. Your choice.
You’re joking right? $50,000 divided by 150 people is $333 per person.

The only people defending this shit are Article 114 scammers, or reps who are stuffing their faces with steak and lobster on these extravagant, dues-funded luxury vacations. The average controller thinks all of this is ridiculous and completely tone deaf when the workforce is suffering with worthless 1.6% raises every year with inflation at 10-15%+ over the last 3 years.

The only people defending this shit are Article 114 scammers, or reps who are stuffing their faces with steak and lobster on these extravagant, dues-funded luxury vacations. The average controller thinks all of this is ridiculous and completely tone deaf when the workforce is suffering with worthless 1.6% raises every year with inflation at 10-15%+ over the last 3 years.

That's the issue.

Trump is bad and they're scared so they push through a contract with no notice or negotiation with a "friendly" administration to save face. They then push it out to the middle of the next term which surprise! It's fuckin gonna be Trump anyway.

Want to pat yourselves on the back with dinner on a yacht? Get us a damn raise that keeps this career field where it needs to be.

That's the issue.

Trump is bad and they're scared so they push through a contract with no notice or negotiation with a "friendly" administration to save face. They then push it out to the middle of the next term which surprise! It's fuckin gonna be Trump anyway.

Want to pat yourselves on the back with dinner on a yacht? Get us a damn raise that keeps this career field where it needs to be.
Current NATCA leadership loves to pat themselves on the back for ridiculous shit, but the facts are facts. If a controller made $100,000 in 2016 (when this contract went into effect), they would need to make $131,000 today to have the same purchasing power. Over that time frame, someone with $100K salary would have received around $12,000 in contractual raises. That’s a net loss of $19,000 in purchasing power over 8 years. But the union celebrates extended 5 on/5 off as long as possible and increasing OJTI premium from 10% to 20% like they’ve made everyone’s lives 100x better. It’s a total load of shit so they can try and justify their luxurious benefits they enjoy in their positions.

Current NATCA leadership loves to pat themselves on the back for ridiculous shit, but the facts are facts. If a controller made $100,000 in 2016 (when this contract went into effect), they would need to make $131,000 today to have the same purchasing power. Over that time frame, someone with $100K salary would have received around $12,000 in contractual raises. That’s a net loss of $19,000 in purchasing power over 8 years. But the union celebrates extended 5 on/5 off as long as possible and increasing OJTI premium from 10% to 20% like they’ve made everyone’s lives 100x better. It’s a total load of shit so they can try and justify their luxurious benefits they enjoy in their positions.

All the illustrious 5 on/5 off did was pause my training and got us further in this staffing crisis.

These comments are out of touch with reality. How about instead of doing the convention in south Florida, maybe have the convention somewhere less expensive. Crazy idea I know. Filet Mignon just tastes better on a yacht in Miami than it does in Des Moines! Fuck it, why not just go to Hawaii next year? OH WAIT
Until further notice all conventions should be held in flint Michigan, Terre haute Indiana, waterloo Iowa or moline Illinois. If you really want to go, good, but it will be all business. No ones getting a free vacation out of it.

We all understand that. The issue is the choice of city. Some cities are far more expensive than others for this sort of thing.

The average controller is an idiot if they dont attend any union events.

The average controller is an idiot if they dont attend any union events.
Because they don’t want to spend some of their vacation time flying to some circle jerk? We pay dues so they can go collectively bargain for us. They haven’t done that in a long time.

Also the convention is dumb asf cus they vote down every amendment anyways

Too exciting. Fargo and Bismarck North Dakota are also options. When’s the last time the NEB visited North Dakota?
Now that NATCA is tracking ERR demand and releases, how about they sort by last release date and/or ERR demand into/out of facilities and hold these conventions and meetings in places where controllers aren’t moving and their careers are held hostage. Instead the NATCA elite vacation and spend member’s time and money on a beach or a yacht eating expensive dinners.

Back
Top Bottom