Justin Dailey for NATCA President

Least the yacht was for a couple hundred people?? The NEB spent the same on how many people for HI?

I think people's minds would be blown if they saw how much renting space actually costs. Including meeting space. It's wild. Catering is crazy expensive too.

You know Courtyard's have meeting spaces too. Doesn't have to be the Marriott Marquis Chicago.

What if they just met virtually where we could all tune in
I think the Jan meeting was virtual

You know Courtyard's have meeting spaces too. Doesn't have to be the Marriott Marquis Chicago.
In the literal sense, a Courtyard doesn't meet the needs of a large meeting.

But, you are right there are cheaper was to accomplish these meetings. I just don't think it's as big of a price difference as people think.

Meeting in person is important. I think finding the balance between virtual and in person is needed here.

And some more perspective... that $53k yacht is something like 2% of the cost of convention......

In the literal sense, a Courtyard doesn't meet the needs of a large meeting.

But, you are right there are cheaper was to accomplish these meetings. I just don't think it's as big of a price difference as people think.

Meeting in person is important. I think finding the balance between virtual and in person is needed here.

And some more perspective... that $53k yacht is something like 2% of the cost of convention......

Regardless of the cost a yacht is piss poor optics.

The yacht being 2% of the total cost of the convention isn't the justification you think it is.

All that shows is the outlandishness of the whole affair.

The boat was booked for three different regions at convention for the regional dinner since there wasn’t a large enough venue nearby that would host everyone. Compared to some of the other restaurants and bars listed on the LM-2, it’s not even that much more expensive when you factor in the amount of people and number of regions that were involved in that.

The boat was booked for three different regions at convention for the regional dinner since there wasn’t a large enough venue nearby that would host everyone. Compared to some of the other restaurants and bars listed on the LM-2, it’s not even that much more expensive when you factor in the amount of people and number of regions that were involved in that.
Maybe don’t say you don’t have enough money to negotiate then do this tho? They have lost the plot on what the membership wants from them.

Couldn’t two regions have gone together then instead of booking a yacht? Or were they trying to get the most people in one spot to announce their candidacy. If you don’t think this was organized so nick and Jamaal could announce on a yacht you’re out of your mind.

The other regions were at restaurants they needed a yacht that says enough for me and should say enough about them for anyone else. There is no humbleness with them, there is no humility, there is no leadership, they made a club and we aren’t invited.

Was this the day of convention Rich wanted to take away because it’s a waste of union funds and all the union business can be done on the other days? So this whole day was for Nick and Jamaal to announce in an extravagant way.

Was this the day of convention Rich wanted to take away because it’s a waste of union funds and all the union business can be done on the other days? So this whole day was for Nick and Jamaal to announce in an extravagant way.
I belive the day you are thinking of is the day Rich and the NEB spent hours jerking off previous President's.

And you really need to get a grip with your hatred of Nick, and dick sucking of Rich. This site already was on the fringe of objectivity before you started ranting on it.

I belive the day you are thinking of is the day Rich and the NEB spent hours jerking off previous President's.

And you really need to get a grip with your hatred of Nick, and dick sucking of Rich. This site already was on the fringe of objectivity before you started ranting on it.
Yes that’s the day Rich said let’s get rid of and Nick and his gang said no it was necessary

Yes that’s the day Rich said let’s get rid of and Nick and his gang said no it was necessary
And that wasn't the yacht day. And "Nick and his gang" was basically the entire NEB from my understanding.

I don't care if you pick a side. Just stop lying. It's obnoxious.

Also, if we want to save money. Dump CFS. It's a joke. I much rather spend money on convention and our unions business, than a FAA Dutch rudder.

And that wasn't the yacht day. And "Nick and his gang" was basically the entire NEB from my understanding.

I don't care if you pick a side. Just stop lying. It's obnoxious.
If you take one day off they don’t have a yacht day because they’re doing union business. Dump all unnecessary shit. If you’ve been to a convention you know it can 100% be completed in 2 days. It would drastically cut back on nick’s spending.

If you take one day off they don’t have a yacht day because they’re doing union business. Dump all unnecessary shit. If you’ve been to a convention you know it can 100% be completed in 2 days. It would drastically cut back on nick’s spending.
Yacht day was the regional dinner. Every region did a dinner. Regional dinner day isn't going away either way.

"Nick's spending". Rich's shills are clowns.

Yacht day was the regional dinner. Every region did a dinner. Regional dinner day isn't going away either way.

"Nick's spending". Rich's shills are clowns.
Bro they are having dinners on yachts that’s the most tone deaf thing I’ve ever heard. Goto a restaurant, if there’s not a restaurant big enough for 3 regions don’t do it with 3 regions. Nick used the yacht to announce his campaign that is a fact.

Bro they are having dinners on yachts that’s the most tone deaf thing I’ve ever heard. Goto a restaurant, if there’s not a restaurant big enough for 3 regions don’t do it with 3 regions. Nick used the yacht to announce his campaign that is a fact.
So you are literally just mad about yacht. It was more than likely the same cost as a restaurant. They found a way to put 3 regions together. You are literally just mad because of the location. That's weak AF. Again, get a grip.

He’s just mad he was banned off the ATC subreddit.
So you are literally just mad about yacht. It was more than likely the same cost as a restaurant. They found a way to put 3 regions together. You are literally just mad because of the location. That's weak AF. Again, get a grip.
All of the other regions to my knowledge had to take charter busses 45 minutes to and from their restaurants while the boat was just across the street. That’s a lot of cost savings right there alone.

Last edited:

What does the last sentence mean

Posters posting emotions, feelings and opinions, leaving out objective thought and context on subjects.
I concur to a degree but people are feeling left out. A fair portion of them are not at level 11’s or 12’s but stuck between 4-9’s, some without any hope or chance of leaving. This bound to create a surge of discontent and logically perceived disconnect with National. Seeing in black and white that National or Region is off galavanting in yacht rentals does nothing to assuage the crisis, it only deepens it.

Travelling around from facility to facility is to be commended, but when it comes off as Rinaldi 2.0 to almost a tee then what is the point? Carry the line or get the boot has been the motto for years and it continues to be part of the present and perhaps the future.

It is reasoned among certain parts of the interwebz that the masses are tired and fed up with the whole “let them eat cake attitude” even if it is not what is intended to be portrayed. This site does not censor opinions and allows all forms of criticism so long as they are not doxxing in nature or trollish. Besides, everyone has a different view point of what they consider objective.

You can’t justify any of this spending when they claimed they didn’t have the money to negotiate the contract

Back
Top Bottom