KLAS Tower Issues

It's amazing how people like to start rumors on shit they know nothing about. It's like some petty high school shit reading some of this stuff. I've known and worked with that person since 08. Unless you were there, got the facts directly from someone that was, or the FAA issues something saying what exactly happened you should really keep your opinions and comments to yourself! You don't have a clue what that person is going through physically, emotionally, or medically!

It's amazing how people like to start rumors on shit they know nothing about. It's like some petty high school shit reading some of this stuff. I've known and worked with that person since 08. Unless you were there, got the facts directly from someone that was, or the FAA issues something saying what exactly happened you should really keep your opinions and comments to yourself! You don't have a clue what that person is going through physically, emotionally, or medically!
So you’re saying this person wasn’t under the influence of anything at all?
You’re right, none of us personally know her situation, but we all have the common sense and respect for the safety of people’s lives to never show up to work in a state that could put lives at risk.
Unless she was completely sober and this was 100% due to an uncontrollable medical condition, please quit defending this type of behavior.

That's what EAP, the awesome medical benefits, self referral program are for... No matter what happens to us we shouldn't be taking it out on the unsuspecting flying public...

So you’re saying this person wasn’t under the influence of anything at all?
You’re right, none of us personally know her situation, but we all have the common sense and respect for the safety of people’s lives to never show up to work in a state that could put lives at risk.
Unless she was completely sober and this was 100% due to an uncontrollable medical condition, please quit defending this type of behavior.
Do you KNOW that she didn't show up to work 100% sober? That's all I'm saying. Don't degrade a person based on rumors!

While I have empathy for people going through hard times, nothing excuses her behavior except for a medical issue. No other excuses are acceptable. If this turns out to be caused by a voluntarily ingested substance, she should go to jail.

What happened is a horrible thing period... anyway you look at it! Me personally...I'm not gonna throw out statements about someone that are false (which I've definitely seen on here). Should there be punishment for this if it was non medical... absolutely!

Do you KNOW that she didn't show up to work 100% sober? That's all I'm saying. Don't degrade a person based on rumors!
So does it make it better or worse that she could get that drunk so quickly if that’s the case? If it’s something besides drugs or alcohol just say it and squash it now

People are speculating based on the playback of how clearly she was operating during the beginning of shift then she slowly degraded. As if the effects of a substance were slowly hindering her ability to slur out some phraseology.

It's hard not to jump to conclusions of self inflicted alcohol or drugs when NATCA doesnt offer sympathy for a medical issue or volunteer leave transfer and a Congress woman says she was fully briefed and highly disturbed by the events. It's clear she made a choice, and clearly the wrong choice, no matter the reasons. She gets to live with them.

Unless you’re trying to tell us she has that thing where the stomach will ferment food and cause you to get drunk (it’s a real thing), there’s nothing that can excuse this.

Just me, but to me she didn't even sound totally with it even at the beginning of her shift.
In comparison after listening to the slur show she seemed somewhat competent. Ole giggles McGhee had me questioning what I was hearing most of the playback

Back
Top Bottom