NATCA is going to secure a 50% raise for sure

Periculant

Trusted Contributor
In 2004-2006 McDonalds workers were making $5.15. Now we are seeing McDonalds workers making $20 an hour. This is about a 388% increase in pay.

In 2004-2006 the average ATC was making 110-120K

Now the average ATC make $138K which is no where near a 388% increase.

I am so excited about NATCA getting us a 50%+ raise I can barley contain my excitement! What if NATCA increases our pay by 388% compared to 2004? We will be making $426K a year. NATCA is gonna come through on this one I know! We are going to be so proud of our leadership!

In 2004-2006 McDonalds workers were making $5.15. Now we are seeing McDonalds workers making $20 an hour. This is about a 388% increase in pay.

I am so excited about NATCA getting us a 50%+ raise I can barley contain my excitement! What if NATCA increases our pay by 388% compared to 2004? We will be making $426K a year. NATCA is gonna come through on this one I know! We are going to be so proud of our leadership!
/S

I want whatever you're having.

The article you linked is pure propaganda against the working class, making it sound like increased wages must come out of our pockets. The truth is McDonald's ceo makes $20 million a year. The company profits $14 BILLION. They can pay their front line workers $35/hour and it would barely impact the company.

The article you linked is pure propaganda against the working class, making it sound like increased wages must come out of our pockets. The truth is McDonald's ceo makes $20 million a year. The company profits $14 BILLION. They can pay their front line workers $35/hour and it would barely impact the company.
I don't care if McDonalds pays workers $50 an hour.. That would just prove my point that you are better off working at McDonalds vs ATC. So you are just proving my point.

I don't care if McDonalds pays workers $50 an hour.. That would just prove my point that you are better off working at McDonalds vs ATC. So you are just proving my point.

Aside from $50/hr being a $40/hr pay cut for me, for same pay and bennies id still rather do ATC than sling fries. Btw what kind of pension does McDonald’s employees get? How is their insurance benefits? 401k matching?

Aside from $50/hr being a $40/hr pay cut for me, for same pay and bennies id still rather do ATC than sling fries. Btw what kind of pension does McDonald’s employees get? How is their insurance benefits? 401k matching?
Sure at a place like N90 if you WANT to live near NYC.

But for people who just want a higher quality of living and don't live in a major metropolitan area they would be better off. It is irrefutable that $50 an hour in rural California would have a higher standard of living than $90 an hour in NY Long island.

Hell, the Bojangles I drive by on the way home is offering $22 a hour for night shift and $20 for day shift. It still wouldn’t make up for the other stuff we get (healthcare, TSP, et cetera), but it does show how much more people are having to offer to attract workers now versus 3-4 years ago.

Okay fine, call it "debatable" it is unfortunate that you can debate ATC vs McDonald's workers.

We aren’t debating that. We were debating qol at $50/hr in two different locations. But it’s irrelevent becuase McDonald’s isn’t paying $50/hr but you can easily make that and more in atc

We aren’t debating that. We were debating qol at $50/hr in two different locations. But it’s irrelevent becuase McDonald’s isn’t paying $50/hr but you can easily make that and more in atc
Easily huh? then why are so many people trying to get to places that make that much but the FAA won’t let them move via NCEPT?

Doesn’t sound so easy imo

Easily huh? then why are so many people trying to get to places that make that much but the FAA won’t let them move via NCEPT?

Doesn’t sound so easy imo

$50/hr is $104k year. Anyone level 7 and above with “rest of US” locality is making that or more and most with a few years in the FAA in lower levels are too. So yeah, it’s pretty easy.

Back
Top Bottom