NATCA is going to secure a 50% raise for sure

Also shouldn't even count the 1.6% raise when talking about keeping up with inflation as those raises are essentially longevity step increases within bands and not raises for the career field as a whole
This is true, it actually is sad that the best we generally talk about and can hope for is “raise which match inflation”. Even in the long shot that we got that it would simply mean that your buying power is equal in year one as CPC and it is in year 25 and never goes up.

This job is going down the shittah. Recently had an employee appreciation day at my center....lmfao eat my shit. It was a potluck too, they wouldn't even buy food for us. HAHAHAAHAHHA i love my dead end minimum wage job. when's my next professionalism lecture, safety briefing, ELMS, and recurrent training?

This job is going down the shittah. Recently had an employee appreciation day at my center....lmfao eat my shit. It was a potluck too, they wouldn't even buy food for us. HAHAHAAHAHHA i love my dead end minimum wage job. when's my next professionalism lecture, safety briefing, ELMS, and recurrent training?
Human nature dictates that people like patterns and having a schedule. If ATC all took a 50% pay cut we would all still show up for awhile if nothing else. People like Boots talk about ATC not having any other tangible skills. This is true to a point just like Doctors don’t have any other tangible skills outside of being a doctor. We have all heavily invested ourselves into Aviation and are over a barrel on career movement and ability to bargain as a union (No Striking).

What we can do is not over inflate the glamour of this job to the general public who inquire about it.

The staffing crisis is a great bargaining chip on why we need more pay.

“We have plenty of people applying but not enough qualified people because pay is not competitive.”

#Razewen

Last edited:
Pretty much the only free food ever is from NATCA when they buy pizzas.
Supposedly there no funds for TOA or Cash awards so any money for food is non existent. Horrendous they called it employee appreciation and then had it be pot luck.

What it seems that is happening is that human nature dictates that people like patterns and having a schedule. If ATC all took a 50% pay cut we would all still show up for awhile if nothing else. People like Boots talk about ATC not having any other tangible skills. This is true to a point just like Doctors don’t have any other tangible skills outside of being a doctor. We have all heavily invested ourselves into Aviation and are over a barrel on career movement and ability to bargain as a union (No Striking).

What we can do is not over inflate the glamour of this job to the general public who inquire about it.

The staffing crisis is a great bargaining chip on why we need more pay.

“We have plenty of people applying but not enough qualified people because pay is not competitive.”

#Razewen
At a 50% pay cut there’s plenty of jobs paying $50k nowadays. With a lot less bullshit. And home every night and weekends.

Pretty much the only free food ever is from NATCA when they buy pizzas.
Supposedly there no funds for TOA or Cash awards so any money for food is non existent. Horrendous they called it employee appreciation and then had it be pot luck.

Lol the FAA was "hosting" it. They're assholes. Management can eat my nutty, corn ridden shit

At a 50% pay cut there’s plenty of jobs paying $50k nowadays. With a lot less bullshit. And home every night and weekends.
Absolutely, I don't mean to imply we would stay forever. But inflation was at 10% for 10 years and our raises were only 5% a year a lot of people would still do ATC in the FAA. If you read "an inquiry into the wealth of nations" it is noted that people are more likely to feel kindly about losing value in their money then take a pay cut. If Air Traffic Controllers were told they would take a 10% pay cut and go from 100K to 90k people would literally lose their shit.

But! If you tell someone that they will continue to make 100K but it will only buy 90K in goods compared to last year... They are fine with that. The book talks about it and this book was written in 1776... So nothing is new here. A lot of people on this forum are okay with a pay cut because it "isn't a pay cut" it is a reduction in buying power but they don't see it that way.

For CPC ITs? What about AGs moving up the ladder
CPC-ITs, I’m not sure about AGs.
Not accurate. You simply go to the bottom of the CPC band for the first year after certification, depending on the month a person certifies they might be luck to catch a 1.6 that same year.
That’s not true, if it was done that way for you you should check with payroll. I kept my June raises at my second and current facility. You don’t go to the bottom of the band. Visit the pay FAQ forum for more info:

Example ERR/MPP
Previous CPC salary - $100,000
New CPC band minimum salary - $120,000
Salary on the go - $100,000 + $10,000 = $110,000
First June Raise - $111,760
Second June Raise - $113,548
Certification - $113,548 + 10,000 = $123,548.

Raises during training are kept in the final CPC pay.

CPC-ITs, I’m not sure about AGs.

That’s not true, if it was done that way for you you should check with payroll. I kept my June raises at my second and current facility. You don’t go to the bottom of the band. Visit the pay FAQ forum for more info:

Example ERR/MPP
Previous CPC salary - $100,000
New CPC band minimum salary - $120,000
Salary on the go - $100,000 + $10,000 = $110,000
First June Raise - $111,760
Second June Raise - $113,548
Certification - $113,548 + 10,000 = $123,548.

Raises during training are kept in the final CPC pay.
You post was generalized and didn’t say CPCIT. Straight from academy what I said is true.

You don’t lose your 1.6 raises in training. They’re added onto your raise after you CPC.
The fact that your 1.6 raises get wiped out completely when you move up facility levels is seriously messed up. This allows controllers with years of seniority that finally get a chance to transfer up to be underpaid by much more junior controllers at the same facility level simply because the junior controller was able to transfer sooner. The 1.6 raises need to be true longevity raises and tied to years of service within the FAA.

The fact that your 1.6 raises get wiped out completely when you move up facility levels is seriously messed up. This allows controllers with years of seniority that finally get a chance to transfer up to be underpaid by much more junior controllers at the same facility level simply because the junior controller was able to transfer sooner. The 1.6 raises need to be true longevity raises and tied to years of service within the FAA.
100 Percent this!

NATCA hears the rally cry of RAZE WEN MVMNT. Rich&Co are freshening their Capitol Hill relationships to reach the crescendo of RAZE NAU to bring this job back to what it was the glory day. Rich knows that NO RAZE is No reelection and he will meet our demands!

I can feel it in my bones like a thunderstorm coming across the prairie on an evening in July; RAZE SUUN, RAZE SUUN.

Tomorrow is a big hearing before the senate on reasons to justify RAZE WEN.

TL;DR is that the FAA recognize controllers are overworked, understaffed, and poorly compensated. The quality of new hires is dismal, at best. This hearing is to shed light on those issues to finalize approval of the MASSIVE raises that are coming (SUUN) from Rich Santa and Whitaker.

Folks, this is gonna be one HELL of Merry Christmas! Santa will be leaving a little (LOT!) in everyone’s EmplpyeeExpress stocking.

Tomorrow is a big hearing before the senate on reasons to justify RAZE WEN.
senator: Why do your people keep trying to crash planes?

Santa:
parks and recreation two funerals GIF

bold strategy, cotton

Back
Top Bottom