N90 All Source 8/28/23-9/3/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Get ready New Yorkers— We’re hiring entry-level air traffic controllers for one of our big facilities on Long Island. If you live in NYC area, go to http://faa.gov/nyc-atc to learn more. This opportunity opens on 8/28 and closes 9/3."

I fucking hate N90. NATCA National bends over backwards for them and isn't doing shit for the rest of us. This local hiring thing needs to be national, not just for N90 to wash more people to keep their OT.

"Get ready New Yorkers— We’re hiring entry-level air traffic controllers for one of our big facilities on Long Island. If you live in NYC area, go to http://faa.gov/nyc-atc to learn more. This opportunity opens on 8/28 and closes 9/3."

I fucking hate N90. NATCA National bends over backwards for them and isn't doing shit for the rest of us. This local hiring thing needs to be national, not just for N90 to wash more people to keep their OT.
The northeast is definitely more union oriented have you tried getting involved

You're looking at it all wrong. This is good news for the rest of the NAS. It means they are hiring bodies. Most everyone is passing rtf so no matter where they wash out down the line, they will be retained and help improve staffing overall throughout the NAS. It may be inefficient but it does put use to some of the academy's spare capacity that would otherwise sit idly by. Although the wait for a tsew class was longer than it should be so maybe it would just add to further backlog the system

Have you been there and seen first hand or are you repeating an old story?

Have you been there and seen first hand or are you repeating an old story?

If its been repeated for decades there is likely some truth to it. I just find it amusing that the FAA had done everything possible to promote success and N90 has some how squandered it or actively fought it. Theyll come on here and say "we want off long island" or whatever nonsense but the FAA tried to do that too and N90 was actively against it.

I'd love to see their OT list. To see how many Yes and Nos there are and how many OT hours actually worked. If theyre all showing up for their OTs then it proves the rumors true that they want their OT.

inb4 the N90 crew meets in the breakroom and tries to come on here defending their facility. My perception will never change of the facility and I blame the union for treating them better than everyone else.

Also it's amusing there are "warning points" now. I guess I get 2 warning points and my post deleted but the other dude doesnt? N90 bias. /s

Reactions: twn
If you really believe this, you’re an idiot
Exactly. No one wants to be on Long Island in ATC.

You don’t make near enough for the work you do compared to other jobs on the island. People however who have never lived it won’t believe it.

However we do need to treat some other places like that. ACK, ASE and find a solution.

If its been repeated for decades there is likely some truth to it. I just find it amusing that the FAA had done everything possible to promote success and N90 has some how squandered it or actively fought it. Theyll come on here and say "we want off long island" or whatever nonsense but the FAA tried to do that too and N90 was actively against it.

I'd love to see their OT list. To see how many Yes and Nos there are and how many OT hours actually worked. If theyre all showing up for their OTs then it proves the rumors true that they want their OT.

inb4 the N90 crew meets in the breakroom and tries to come on here defending their facility. My perception will never change of the facility and I blame the union for treating them better than everyone else.

Also it's amusing there are "warning points" now. I guess I get 2 warning points and my post deleted but the other dude doesnt? N90 bias. /s
You can’t blame people who don’t want it to leave. Once they get stuck there and establish their livelihoods and families it’s tough to pull up roots.

It’s easy when you are single and employed there to want to leave. Then you get handcuffed if you settle down.

I never thought I’d be an N90 apologist, but here we are.

But back in the day, I was at ZNY and I sure as fuck wanted out from day 1. It took 11 years cause I got lucky (no hardship, legit ERR).

Last edited:

Please, read the full FOIA thread on the “why” controllers did not want off LI. The negotiations that took place between NATCA and the FAA were in bad faith. If you allow something that was negotiated in bad faith to move forward, you set the precedent for other facilities. Dank is not the only N90 controller that frequents these boards and the stories you have heard have long since passed into legend. Ask around before you state conjecture as truth. Talk to people, go on a tour of the facility, even if you have no interest it will truly open your eyes.

Please, read the full FOIA thread on the “why” controllers did not want off LI. The negotiations that took place between NATCA and the FAA were in bad faith. If you allow something that was negotiated in bad faith to move forward, you set the precedent for other facilities. Dank is not the only N90 controller that frequents these boards and the stories you have heard have long since passed into legend. Ask around before you state conjecture as truth. Talk to people, go on a tour of the facility, even if you have no interest it will truly open your eyes.

They had the opportunity to move off long island. Anything they say is bs at this point. N90 gets treated better than the rest of the union and it's bullshit. Stop making excuses for them.

Reactions: twn
I bet they'd check out a lot more people if they stopped sexualizing ever single woman that comes through the door and calling trainees the F word but I guess the work culture there isn't something the people there actually want to fix

Happy Parks And Rec GIF

They had the opportunity to move off long island. Anything they say is bs at this point. N90 gets treated better than the rest of the union and it's bullshit. Stop making excuses for them.
No one is making excuses for them, all I am stating is fact.

1) The union bargained in bad faith to move them off Long Island, by agreeing to the move the union was going to get “something” from the FAA that was not even in the FOIA’s. This is unacceptable from a Union standpoint because if it happens to one it WILL happen to another, all it would do is embolden the NEB.

2) The traffic worked is unique given the numbers and coordination required.

The rest I cannot speak of because I just do not know.

It’s almost like N90 isn’t a homogulous unit but rather made up of individuals with different wants and desires and while many want off, many also don’t. Don’t be simple. And also, it was only EWR Area that had the chance to move off the island, not N90. I was the only volunteer on the list through the entire thing and even I agree the FAA’s plan was utter bullshit and pure stupidity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom