New Mandatory Mask Wearing MOU is out.

About 70% when certain people are there. Our local signed an MOU to mandate masks in the operational area regardless of distancing. ?
I think that is illegal.
Probably not illegal. But I know national level NATCA/FAA have said to not put out additional guidance/MOUs/interpretations on it.
The current MOU is meant to stand on it's own.

It’s just a mask.

It’s just two weeks.

It’s just non-essential businesses.

It’s just to keep from overwhelming the hospitals.

It’s just until cases go down more.
It’s just to keep others from being scared.
It’s just for a few more weeks.
It’s just communion or singing. You can still meet.
It’s just until we get a vaccine.
It’s just a few side effects.
It’s just a bracelet.
It’s just to let people know you’re safe to be around.
It’s just an app.
It’s just to let others know who you’ve been in contact with.
It’s just a few more months.
It’s just a video.
It’s just an email account.
It’s just for protecting others from hate speech.
It’s just a few people.
It’s just a credit card company. You can use cash.
It’s just a few places that don’t take cash.
It’s just a little chip.
It’s just for medical information and paying for things.
It’s just so you can travel.
It’s just so you can get your driver’s license.
It’s just so you can vote.
It’s just for a few more years.
It’s just a statue.
It’s just a building.
It’s just a song.
It’s just a few words.
It’s just a piece of paper.
It’s just a book.
It’s just a movie.
It’s just a flag.
It’s just a piece of cloth.
It’s just a blood test.
It’s just a scan.
It’s just a chip.
It’s just a dog.
It’s just a clump of cells.
It’s just the bad people.
It’s just the undesirables.
It’s just the Jews.
It’s just the men.
It’s just the Christians.
It’s just the people that don’t think like we do.
It’s just… wait…

It’s not just a mask.
C6ED2702-E42F-4672-A330-0057A168C75D.png

That’s a stupid statement to make. Bet you think the Holocaust was #fakenews
Not at all.

Just curious why offense was taken so quickly over what was perceived as conflating masks to the Holocaust. Why not as much offense at all the Christian persecution in the world perceived as being conflated with the same "it's just a <blank>" post?

On a related note, I think lot of people would willingly get in a railcar if told to...

Hey if we’re having a legal debate, how is it kosher to force trainees to sit on pointless Zoom classes every day when there’s no telework agreement in place, and they’re not in a telework eligible position to begin with? How exactly can someone be on excused absence and have to attend official duty time Zoom classes simultaneously?
JUST BE LUCKING YOU HAVE A JOB YOU STUPIDHEAD

Hey if we’re having a legal debate, how is it kosher to force trainees to sit on pointless Zoom classes every day when there’s no telework agreement in place, and they’re not in a telework eligible position to begin with? How exactly can someone be on excused absence and have to attend official duty time Zoom classes simultaneously?
Do the zoom meeting have you use government equipment or do you directly access the FAA network? Not trying to be snotty but I think if you aren’t doing either of those things the telework agreement doesn’t apply.

Like if it’s some fucking zoom the supe sets up and you join from your iPad or something.

Straight from the OPM site:

What is the definition of telework? View less
The Telework Enhancement Act defines telework or teleworking as a work flexibility arrangement under which an employee performs the duties and responsibilities of such employee's position, and other authorized activities, from an approved worksite other than the location from which the employee would otherwise work. In practice, telework is a work arrangement that allows an employee to perform work, during any part of regular, paid hours, at an approved alternative worksite (e.g. home or telework center).

If it's "considered a work assignment" - that sure sounds like WFH to me.

Do the zoom meeting have you use government equipment or do you directly access the FAA network? Not trying to be snotty but I think if you aren’t doing either of those things the telework agreement doesn’t apply.

Like if it’s some fucking zoom the supe sets up and you join from your iPad or something.
It’s happening at virtually every facility as far as I know now, and it’s definitely official. Most people do them on Govt iPads and it’s been made clear it’s required. A buddy of mine was told directly he needs to take leave if he wants to get out of it for a day.

just gonna leave this from the FAQ too...

Can an agency force an employee to telework? View less
No. The language of the Telework Enhancement Act does not contain language that would lead us to revise our understanding that telework is a voluntary flexibility. In other words, an agency may not compel an employee to telework even if the duties of the position make that employee “telework eligible.” However, although entering into a telework arrangement is voluntary, once the employee is under such an arrangement, he/she may be required to telework outside of his/her normal work schedule in the case of a temporary emergency situation if that understanding has been clearly communicated by the agency to the teleworking employee in the written telework agreement. Also, it is important to remember the intent of the Act is to promote the use of telework so agencies and managers should make every effort to encourage employees and managers to telework as appropriate.

Not at all.

Just curious why offense was taken so quickly over what was perceived as conflating masks to the Holocaust. Why not as much offense at all the Christian persecution in the world perceived as being conflated with the same "it's just a <blank>" post?

On a related note, I think lot of people would willingly get in a railcar if told to...
Wow. You're a straight up anti-semite.

Not at all.

0DC2D9EC-D90E-4F48-AA07-4D2B9E7C498B.jpeg

just gonna leave this from the FAQ too...

Can an agency force an employee to telework? View less
No. The language of the Telework Enhancement Act does not contain language that would lead us to revise our understanding that telework is a voluntary flexibility. In other words, an agency may not compel an employee to telework even if the duties of the position make that employee “telework eligible.” However, although entering into a telework arrangement is voluntary, once the employee is under such an arrangement, he/she may be required to telework outside of his/her normal work schedule in the case of a temporary emergency situation if that understanding has been clearly communicated by the agency to the teleworking employee in the written telework agreement. Also, it is important to remember the intent of the Act is to promote the use of telework so agencies and managers should make every effort to encourage employees and managers to telework as appropriate.
Funny thing is I asked my rep how they’re forcing people to do Zoom without a telework agreement like OPM requires and he said he’d look into it. Still waiting on an answer

Funny thing is I asked my rep how they’re forcing people to do Zoom without a telework agreement like OPM requires and he said he’d look into it. Still waiting on an answer
It’s obvious NATCA is on board with the Zoom stuff, the question is why? If they really are a part of the master plan to avoid furloughs that have “never been discussed,” then fine that makes enough sense. But if they’re happening solely because someone got pissed trainees were getting a “free vacation” and wanted to force them to do busy work, then that’s a problem. NATCA needs to explain why they’re happening and why they support them.

It’s obvious NATCA is on board with the Zoom stuff, the question is why? If they really are a part of the master plan to avoid furloughs that have “never been discussed,” then fine that makes enough sense. But if they’re happening solely because someone got pissed trainees were getting a “free vacation” and wanted to force them to do busy work, then that’s a problem. NATCA needs to explain why they’re happening and why they support them.

they support it because they are "protecting the essential workforce" by "keeping you out of the building" ... and no, they don't give a shit about you.

Back
Top Bottom