New Mandatory Mask Wearing MOU is out.

Someone told me that NATCA hasn’t mentioned the mask policy at all on their Facebook or other social media pages but continues to promote things on there like supporting the communication workers union today. Do you think it’s because they view it as too controversial/decisive and would spark members fighting for 5,000 comments in the comments section? I don’t think they ever posted hot button things regarding issues like privatization and stuff either.
I saw it posted in Facebook.... Hmm tried to find it again and can't. But it was just something that one of my friends had shared... Thought perhaps the post originated from an RVP? It was a name I recognizd... Just can't remember who.

Last edited:
I saw it posted in Facebook.... Hmm tried to find it again and can't. But it was just something that one of my friends had shared... Thought perhaps the post originated from an RVP? It was a name I recognizd... Just can't remember who.
That’s what I heard, people said the RVPs have posted it but to the best of my knowledge it was never on the official NATCA page.

That’s what I heard, people said the RVPs have posted it but to the best of my knowledge it was never on the official NATCA page.

no one has definitively answered yet whether or not it applies to the operations and live ATC. People are going back and forth over the semantics of "common area" definition, but the MOU itself doesn't mention the most significant portion of the job. It seems like if it was meant for live traffic it would have said so? but maybe im too biased!

What would make that even better is if the real Paul Rinaldi contacted you saying it was an impersonator.

i assume something like that probably did happen. you know the shills on reddit/ATC and others monitor all the heretics over here

no one has definitively answered yet whether or not it applies to the operations and live ATC. People are going back and forth over the semantics of "common area" definition, but the MOU itself doesn't mention the most significant portion of the job. It seems like if it was meant for live traffic it would have said so? but maybe im too biased!

i assume something like that probably did happen. you know the shills on reddit/ATC and others monitor all the heretics over here
"any workspaces were social distancing can't be maintained"
Seems pretty clear that operating areas are included. They're a workspace.

So we are contacting Paul and Trudy by crying her constantly ?

But don’t you find it odd they don’t mention control room. And don’t address it in the thorough q and a that came with the email.

So we are contacting Paul and Trudy by crying her constantly ?

absolutely 100% you can bet your ass they read this shit and get triggered as hell. Any in person real life big league dissent (privatiziation, etc) gets met by nasty emails, threats, de facto ex-communication, stripping of details/duties/assignments/work groups. ask GulfCharlie

its not clear at all.

“FAA employees will wear cloth face coverings, surgical masks, dust masks, or N95 respirators (if medically qualified) in common areas such as elevators, hallways, and any workspaces or other locations where social distancing cannot be maintained”

workspaces is under the umbrella of common areas as used in this sentence. I dont consider the tower cab at ORD a common area, but maybe they did mean the dictionary definition of "more than 1 person", which i doubt.

But don’t you find it odd they don’t mention control room. And don’t address it in the thorough q and a that came with the email.
Not really. Control room is a workspace.
If you can stay 6’ away from people in a tower or the area I don’t think you should have to wear a mask then.
Correct. Could see a requirement if there's strips being passed in the tower though.

its not clear at all.

“FAA employees will wear cloth face coverings, surgical masks, dust masks, or N95 respirators (if medically qualified) in common areas such as elevators, hallways, and any workspaces or other locations where social distancing cannot be maintained”

workspaces is under the umbrella of common areas as used in this sentence. I dont consider the tower cab at ORD a common area, but maybe they did mean the dictionary definition of "more than 1 person", which i doubt.
I think it's being looked at too hard. We'll just see how it all plays out.

I’m not changing anything until local management tells me I have to. But I don’t see how it would not apply to a tower cab or radar room if you cannot be distanced. Good luck with that fight.

“The Parties at the local level shall work collaboratively to comply with the policy in accordance with the MOU as expeditiously as possible. It is expected the facilities will be in full compliance no later than July 27, 2020.”

It almost seems like the us re gonna bring back the office people and the agreement is the groups would wear masks around each other

workspaces is under the umbrella of common areas as used in this sentence.

I get it, but then again, is there any workspace in your building you would also consider to fall under the umbrella of a common area?
IMO, just a poorly structured sentence.
Prob should have read: "in workspaces, and in common areas such as elevators and hallways, and in all locations where social distancing cannot be maintained”

It almost seems like the us re gonna bring back the office people and the agreement is the groups would wear masks around each other
I’ve been 100% of the mindset that you minimize the risk of spreading COVID, infecting an entire facility, and losing the ability to provide ATC operations. However, if they’re going to risk bringing back office pukes, who serve little to no purpose, but can potentially infect a facility, with COVID, then you might as well bring back the trainees and let them do their classroom and lab work.

I get it, but then again, is there any workspace in your building you would also consider to fall under the umbrella of a common area?
IMO, just a poorly structured sentence.
Prob should have read: "in workspaces, and in common areas such as elevators and hallways, and in all locations where social distancing cannot be maintained”
Or they could have said the control room since they knew the number 1 question would be what about the control room.

I’ve been 100% of the mindset that you minimize the risk of spreading COVID, infecting an entire facility, and losing the ability to provide ATC operations. However, if they’re going to risk bringing back office pukes, who serve little to no purpose, but can potentially infect a facility, with COVID, then you might as well bring back the trainees and let them do their classroom and lab work.
They should have been back months ago. I he lab and the ops area are totally separate

You're going to have some people who are going to try to play games next week and they'll probably win some prizes. The union has unequivocally said they support masks so...

You're going to have some people who are going to try to play games next week and they'll probably win some prizes. The union has unequivocally said they support masks so...

Honestly, anything besides days on the beach until you comply won't work. Do they have the balls for that?

Back
Top Bottom