New Mandatory Mask Wearing MOU is out.

Something we can all relate to-you don't have a right to fly without being searched-people standing in line with the constitution at TSA, not realizing they agreed to be screened with the contract of carriage-thats the same people now.
Emergency powers in state constitution grant governors power to close businesses and take action for public health. Trump wants people to wear a mask so I don't know where all these anti trump people are getting these no masks shit

Something we can all relate to-you don't have a right to fly without being searched-

lol, i dont agree that you should be forced to be searched to fly. pretty sure a bunch of people on here have agreed w me on that before.

if the next 9/11 is Amtrack or Greyhound, will we have to take our shoes and belts off for those too? Stadiums? Supermarkets? the TSA is a government agency that can disappear tomorrow, and should. Private business can decide the relative level of security to use their product, and customers can decide whether or not that want to participate. The people do not need to be policed and surveilled endlessly into an Orwellian hell! Every new emergency does not require thousands of new layers of red tape.

Same goes for masks. Let legislatures pass laws requiring masks for governors to sign. People can challenege them in court or not, but there are not 50 Kings who own your life and every action you take, or dont. The mask MOU is a joke and will not be abided by, or enforced. no facilities have been wearing masks, and come Monday none are going to magically start. And no on is going to say or do shit.

We have a local document in addition to the national MOU that says if someone is not wearing a face covering and not physical distancing, report them to management. Now I wouldn't turn someone in, but it's a little unnerving, no?

We have a local document in addition to the national MOU that says if someone is not wearing a face covering and not physical distancing, report them to management. Now I wouldn't turn someone in, but it's a little unnerving, no?
Call the bluff. No balls

The mask MOU is a joke and will not be abided by, or enforced. no facilities have been wearing masks, and come Monday none are going to magically start. And no on is going to say or do shit.

At my facility (possibly filled with “coastal elites”), everyone was wearing a mask during relief briefings and most kept them on during their rotation in the control area.

It’s not really that hard to keep the boom inside the mask, and nothing is muffled. We keep social distance for the most part, but in all honesty, nobody wants to be the person who has to get in touch with all their hookups because they test positive for HIV and decided they didn’t need a condom because they ”felt healthy“.....

you see here’s the problem with that logic. The mask does far more to prevent you from spreading it to others than it does to prevent you from getting it. So not wearing a mask isn’t affecting you, it’s affecting other people who have to live (or die) because of your choice. Because of that, put the damn mask on.

if the mask mostly just prevented you from catching it, then I’d agree with you. But because it affects other people with no choice in the matter, I vehemently disagree.
Other people (Generally) do have a choice in the matter. If going into public and encountering people without a mask is a risk to you or your family’s health, you have a choice to limit your exposure to the public.

Yeah, we could be furloughed right now with other user-fee organizations. #winning

Because furloughs can't happen as government employees? Not rooting for privatization... but.... #koolaid.

Private business can decide the relative level of security to use their product, and customers can decide whether or not that want to participate.

Man i usually agree with you but I can't on this. I agree TSA is mostly ineffective and useless - but we need some type of security given the history of people doing dumb things on airplanes... maybe the airlines would maybe they wouldn't, but that regulation absolutely needs to exist.

we need some type of security given the history of people doing dumb things on airplanes... maybe the airlines would maybe they wouldn't, but that regulation absolutely needs to exist.

i dont. i am completely willing to accept the risk of being blown up for not having to take my shoes and belt off and play that game as an upstanding citizen with no reason to be searched to merely travel within country. by this logic we need security literally everywhere all the time, and especially anywhere that there has ever been an incident. its not a police state and we arent prisoners. if a company wasnt as secure as another, people may or may not opt to give them business. Private companies could do a much better job than the TSA tho either way. Airport security is an illusion. Pilots can easily circumvent it.

i dont. i am completely willing to accept the risk of being blown up for not having to take my shoes and belt off and play that game as an upstanding citizen with no reason to be searched to merely travel within country. by this logic we need security literally everywhere all the time, and especially anywhere that there has ever been an incident. its not a police state and we arent prisoners. if a company wasnt as secure as another, people may or may not opt to give them business. Private companies could do a much better job than the TSA tho either way. Airport security is an illusion. Pilots can easily circumvent it.

And on this I'm in complete agreement with you. As others have pointed out, the 9/11 attacks worked because people weren't expecting the hijackers to crash the planes, they were expecting an unplanned vacation in Cuba or something. Similar attacks will literally never happen because 1) cockpit doors have been strengthened and airline policies regarding opening them have been tightened and 2) passengers will no longer tolerate hijackings. If terrorists really wanted to kill a bunch of people they could set off a bomb in the packed airport security lines—less dramatic than crashing the planes themselves but a hell of a lot easier.

And on this I'm in complete agreement with you. As others have pointed out, the 9/11 attacks worked because people weren't expecting the hijackers to crash the planes, they were expecting an unplanned vacation in Cuba or something. Similar attacks will literally never happen because 1) cockpit doors have been strengthened and airline policies regarding opening them have been tightened and 2) passengers will no longer tolerate hijackings. If terrorists really wanted to kill a bunch of people they could set off a bomb in the packed airport security lines—less dramatic than crashing the planes themselves but a hell of a lot easier.
Your right well have a line to get searched before you get into the tsa line

I can’t wait for the vaccine thread.

If people are this polarized on something as simple as masks, that shit show will be epic.
I'd gladly get a vaccine if/when it becomes available. Wearing a mask is like having a fat dude sit on my face and trying to have a conversation through his scrotum.

the reactionary shit never makes any sense. schools are constantly targeted ever since Columbine and you have idiots who actually want all school resource officers banned, as if the police guns will be used on the kids on some bizarro fantasy world.

if Amtrak gets attacked, or Greyhound, or an NFL stadium... we will probably spend billions and make everyone get strip searched to attend those too, and it will also be a waste. Its a free country if you want everything militarized just move to Israel and youll be happy!

Local union ok with this?

What can the local union do about them adding a letter in Cedar and posting it around?
That’s what I was wondering if management put something out or it was agreed upon that the members would turn each other in.

Back
Top Bottom