November (Q1) 2021

Yeah but they have it sooooo rough because they’re only making 150k living in a real city with things to actually do give them a break ?
I did forget to calculate that into it. Also I did just look and I was slightly mistaken, roughly 143 out of ~310 terminal facilities can release so your chances are a little better to get out if you are stuck making 70k at a level 5 up/down with a 2 year checkout time in the middle of BFE. Tough choice as to where I'd rather be stuck

I did forget to calculate that into it. Also I did just look and I was slightly mistaken, roughly 143 out of ~310 terminal facilities can release so your chances are a little better to get out if you are stuck making 70k at a level 5 up/down with a 2 year checkout time in the middle of BFE. Tough choice as to where I'd rather be stuck
How many of the 143 don’t have a tracon? Also I think ~310 is total so subtract ~20 for enroute

You should do it by total percentage of controllers that are eligible. Idk if it’s possible

How many of the 143 don’t have a tracon? Also I think ~310 is total so subtract ~20 for enroute
Yes, that's correct. I'll circle back with more accurate numbers a little bit later.
You should do it by total percentage of controllers that are eligible. Idk if it’s possible
I could but that would harm the narrative I'm trying to create here.

I just want to know from the center folks do y’all have people at your facility that put in for literally everywhere to get out or is that just a lvl 5 up/down BFE 2yr check out thing?

Assuming both the national average & trainee/CPC ratios don't differ much, here's a quick over as to who might be able to pick up in Round 1:

A80
A90
ACK
ANC
BFI
BFL
BOI
BOS
D01
D21
DEN
EMT
FLL
I90
IAH
ICT
JCF
LAS
M98
MOB
MSY
NCT
ORD
ORF
PCT
PUB
SCT
SDF
STL
TPA
TUL
ZDV
ZFW
ZLA
ZMA
ZME
ZSE

Some are right on the verge of not being eligible (+/- .05%)
My facility is a long ways from ever letting anyone go. But what’s the priority ranking for this list?

Assuming both the national average & trainee/CPC ratios don't differ much, here's a quick over as to who might be able to pick up in Round 1:

A80
A90
ACK
ANC
BFI
BFL
BOI
BOS
D01
D21
DEN
EMT
FLL
I90
IAH
ICT
JCF
LAS
M98
MOB
MSY
NCT
ORD
ORF
PCT
PUB
SCT
SDF
STL
TPA
TUL
ZDV
ZFW
ZLA
ZMA
ZME
ZSE

Some are right on the verge of not being eligible (+/- .05%)
So HCF is ineligible? I looked and I swear they were lol

My facility is a long ways from ever letting anyone go. But what’s the priority ranking for this list?
That doesn’t come out until around the 14th according to the timeline.

So HCF is ineligible? I looked and I swear they were lol
As of the last run of numbers, yes…at least for Round 1. Current % is above 85%. Projected and CPC/trainee ratio looked good though.

If I slip a crisp 5 dollar bill in on each one of ERR’s does that increase or decrease the 85% rule asking for me?

With garden spots like ZNY, ZOA and ZLA who would ever want to leave a Z?
Personally I’d hate living in all 3 of those spots lol. But imagine your retirement and how easy it is to meet new people and have a life in all of those cities. Now take a lvl 5 facility in middle of nowhere and the only benefit is almost a guarantee to make it everything else is absolute trash

Anyone have a different POC number for the Northwest Mountain region? Left a message last week and still haven't heard anything.

Seven centers are eligible to release a grand total of 21 controllers which, under the current dynamic decisions will never happen. More realistically there will be less than ten Z releases. 21 possible releases out of 3,895 center controllers. Stop pretending like people stuck in Indy/Albuquerque/Oakland/etc are living in Paris when they have no hope of getting out until they check out twice as many controllers as your level 5 is allocated.

Seven centers are eligible to release a grand total of 21 controllers which, under the current dynamic decisions will never happen. More realistically there will be less than ten Z releases. 21 possible releases out of 3,895 center controllers. Stop pretending like people stuck in Indy/Albuquerque/Oakland/etc are living in Paris when they have no hope of getting out until they check out twice as many controllers as your level 5 is allocated.
I request that on your next set of RDO’s you go visit the foothills of America where 90% of the lvl 5 facility wants to leave…then try and tell those same controllers that have been there for 8+ yrs how life in Indy/Abq/Oakland is so awful and making 150k+ is so hard.

I request that on your next set of RDO’s you go visit the foothills of America where 90% of the lvl 5 facility wants to leave…then try and tell those same controllers that have been there for 8+ yrs how life in Indy/Abq/Oakland is so awful and making 150k+ is so hard.
Which facilities?

Back
Top Bottom