November (Q1) 2024

Can you submit ERRs as a sup and get picked up the same way as us controllers or is there a different process for it?
I don’t believe so. We had someone who was on a temp sup gig and tried to put in paperwork and they didn’t allow it bc they were technically a sup at the time. At least from my understanding.

Can you submit ERRs as a sup and get picked up the same way as us controllers or is there a different process for it?
Supes can ERR at will to other supe positions. It’s controlled by local management and HR, not NCEPT. There’s no % raises for moving up but you do go to the bottom of the new band (if you’re below it) on day 1 before training.

I don’t believe so. We had someone who was on a temp sup gig and tried to put in paperwork and they didn’t allow it bc they were technically a sup at the time. At least from my understanding.
Temp supes are not BUEs so they’re not covered the same. However, because they are temp their position of record is still cpc so they’re subject to NRP and would need a deviation. They need to be perm to be able to bounce around

You can submit an ERR through NCEPT as a sup. I have done it but withdrew because I thought it could have blocked a controller from leaving when I was 50/50 on it. I told the controller that’s definitely a grievance if it did but it’s very vague how a sup name shows up to the panel. HR told me they submitted it as if I was a controller.

You can submit an ERR through NCEPT as a sup. I have done it but withdrew because I thought it could have blocked a controller from leaving when I was 50/50 on it. I told the controller that’s definitely a grievance if it did but it’s very vague how a sup name shows up to the panel. HR told me they submitted it as if I was a controller.
HRs retarded. None of this is true.

HRs retarded. None of this is true.
Elaborate? I spoke to HR many times, the specific HR rep for ERR, who clarified with NCEPT board before she submitted. There is no guidance on the process specifically. Two different district GMs said it was the only way to go back also. At the end of the day the FAA can do whatever they desire on the situation

You can submit an ERR through NCEPT as a sup.
I have done it but withdrew because I thought it could have blocked a controller from leaving when I was 50/50 on it.
Outbound movements from supe don’t block BUE ERRs.
I told the controller that’s definitely a grievance if it did but it’s very vague how a sup name shows up to the panel.
It’s not a grievance because supe names don’t show up to a panel.
HR told me they submitted it as if I was a controller.
HR submits everything the same. Also HRs retarded.

Outbound movements from supe don’t block BUE ERRs.

It’s not a grievance because supe names don’t show up to a panel.

HR submits everything the same. Also HRs retarded.
I will get the name of the management official. Correct OS can submit ERR anywhere, anytime. I was not sure on the blocking bue part or how the panel saw names come across. I agree HR is not correct on many things, hell im
Wrong many times but this was supposedly direct from the FAA leadership on the panel

I will get the name of the management official. Correct OS can submit ERR anywhere, anytime. I was not sure on the blocking bue part or how the panel saw names come across. I agree HR is not correct on many things, hell im
Wrong many times but this was supposedly direct from the FAA leadership on the panel
Supes don't make it to the panel. End of discussion.

As for HR's incompetencies....they are dumbest of the dumb. The lesson here is just because HR accepted it or said "sure" doesn't mean its legal or correct or will work out...

Sups can actually ERR to other facilities but they remain a Sup. Its way more uncommon, but you cannot revert back to being a CPC via an ERR, that may only be done at one’s current duty assignment.

Supes don't make it to the panel. End of discussion.

As for HR's incompetencies....they are dumbest of the dumb. The lesson here is just because HR accepted it or said "sure" doesn't mean its legal or correct or will work out...
HR = the source of 90% of the FAA’s problems.

It’s one of 4 things.

Insufficient experience
Unsuccessful at same facility
Unsuccessful at similar facility
Reference check negative

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom