Payroll Tax Executive Order

From what I’ve read all the major payroll companies (ADP, PAYCHEX, etc.) have no actual way to implement this.

Besides that the EO only applies to those making less than 100K per year, which is in itself hard to calculate because AGI doesn’t include social security tax lol. The whole thing is a political stunt anyhow.

So Im a terminal student now "estimated" to get to the academy in January so I will likely not know what the difference would be before and after this. So can anyone tell me a rough estimate of what the difference is so if I pass I know what to set aside? Im sure it varies from person to person just a rough estimate is fine.

Save it till it’s forgiven if you must but the chances of Congress not forgiving this are slim and none. It’s not unprecedented as similar action occurred in 2011 during the Obama administration. When Congress could not agree on legislation to send out a second stimulus President Trump forced their hand by stopping the collection with executive action knowing full well Congress would eventually forgive the amount. The amount roughly approximates another round of stimulus but only for those actually working. Sounds good to me as a way to stimulate spending while rewarding workers.

Save it till it’s forgiven if you must but the chances of Congress not forgiving this are slim and none. It’s not unprecedented as similar action occurred in 2011 during the Obama administration. When Congress could not agree on legislation to send out a second stimulus President Trump forced their hand by stopping the collection with executive action knowing full well Congress would eventually forgive the amount. The amount roughly approximates another round of stimulus but only for those actually working. Sounds good to me as a way to stimulate spending while rewarding workers.
im All for a 6.2 percent raise for the time being for most Americans, but this will fuck social security with zero plan of a safety net for end of life for the people who will need it most. This is extremely short sighted just for a re-election ploy.

im All for a 6.2 percent raise for the time being for most Americans, but this will fuck social security with zero plan of a safety net for end of life for the people who will need it most. This is extremely short sighted just for a re-election ploy.
It’s not a fucking raise. The fiscal conservatives thing we can just stop funding any government. Wtf.

And the liberal spenders think we can give everyone free cell phones, health care, college tuition, salaries, and money for rent without working! ?

And “fiscal conservatives” prefer to earmark that money for corporate bailouts when their college buddies run Wall Street into the ground...

Doing this for 3 months won’t fuck social security, it was already fucked but the definition of fucked is questionable. When most people quote a date that social security will “run out”, it’s not a date where it pays outs are zero, it’s just the date where it can no longer pay out 100% of the benefit. If they started to pay out 80% of the benefit at that point, yes it would suck for people who rely on every penny, but it would allow for payments for another 20 years or so. Plus if we were ever close to hitting that point they would just raise social security tax a couple percent to kick it way down the road. I actually like the Biden plan about this, still suspend social security tax payments at 150K like they do now, but activate it slowly again when you start to make huge money, over 400K. That way even the N90 controllers won’t suffer but the true 1%, making over 400K would start to pay a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom