Renew Slate Book 2026???

WordsTwice

If it happens I would consider quitting. We are seriously overworked and underpaid at this point. Is the PAC even lobbying for a raise? It seems their priority is staffing and pay is not even on the agenda. Pay would fix staffing and get better talent. It's hard to recommend this profession at this point. Our public perception of high pay is from the prior generation/economy and the good days are over for us. Imagine how much worse it will be in 2026. We have too much pride and they pray on us wanting to push traffic and provide a good service. Pay>Staffing

Obviously the focus is on staffing. Do you see how many deals are making it to national news right now? Dulles just landed a fucking prop on a taxiway because none of the controllers knew his type and the pilot didn't question it. You think higher pay would have made the controllers do better? No. What about Phoenix nearly colliding two aircraft on departure because they didn't make say RNAV to or whatever their excuse is. Would higher pay have fixed that? No.

You can argue staffing would because more positions would be open or less time on position or less overtime or whatever. Either way, until staffing is fixed I highly doubt the Union is going to push for a higher pay raise when the career field as a whole cant stop making headlines for a week or two.

Oh and before you morons say "COVID Checkouts", I know for a fact some of the shit that made the news from my facility was by senior controllers that had been here forever

Obviously the focus is on staffing. Do you see how many deals are making it to national news right now? Dulles just landed a fucking prop on a taxiway because none of the controllers knew his type and the pilot didn't question it. You think higher pay would have made the controllers do better? No. What about Phoenix nearly colliding two aircraft on departure because they didn't make say RNAV to or whatever their excuse is. Would higher pay have fixed that? No.

You can argue staffing would because more positions would be open or less time on position or less overtime or whatever. Either way, until staffing is fixed I highly doubt the Union is going to push for a higher pay raise when the career field as a whole cant stop making headlines for a week or two.

Oh and before you morons say "COVID Checkouts", I know for a fact some of the shit that made the news from my facility was by senior controllers that had been here forever
Keep making people sit on positions longer and work more hours in a week and you’ll probably have a solid correlations of deals that go along with that. Breaks are probably the most important thing in our job and shouldn’t be skimmed considering all the studies that have been done on that….

Keep making people sit on positions longer and work more hours in a week and you’ll probably have a solid correlations of deals that go along with that. Breaks are probably the most important thing in our job and shouldn’t be skimmed considering all the studies that have been done on that….
Whoa you're all wrong more time on position=more time perfecting your skill idiot

If it happens I would consider quitting. We are seriously overworked and underpaid at this point. Is the PAC even lobbying for a raise? It seems their priority is staffing and pay is not even on the agenda. Pay would fix staffing and get better talent. It's hard to recommend this profession at this point. Our public perception of high pay is from the prior generation/economy and the good days are over for us. Imagine how much worse it will be in 2026. We have too much pride and they pray on us wanting to push traffic and provide a good service. Pay>Staffing
I’m with ya brother. Unfortunately amongst our ranks we have some of the biggest Simp losers for the FAA imaginable that will make every excuse and argument possible that we don’t deserve more money. They are arguing against themselves and will continue to do it until they are blue in the face because they want to work for minimum wage. It sucks but until all of us unite nothing will change

I applaud your ability to come up with reasons for why we shouldn’t get pay raises! You should run for President, you seem to fit in with the “they don’t need raises” leadership!

You don’t have to say the rnav fix in the takeoff clearance.

I applaud your ability to come up with reasons for why we shouldn’t get pay raises! You should run for President, you seem to fit in with the “they don’t need raises” leadership!
I applaud you for your lack of critical thinking. You just got a raise and you're getting the largest presidential raise in over 40 years in January.

I do expect we will get a decent raise or should, but I don't think the time is now.

I applaud you for your like of critical thinking. You just got a raise and you're getting the largest presidential raise in over 40 years in January.

I do expect we will get a decent raise or should, but I don't think the time is now.
#CofffeeIVtakes

Don’t push for something that might be in reach, better tuck your tail between your legs and bow to your master. “Thank you sure may I have another!”

Rich Santa should be meeting with the FAA to apologize for all the recent deals “I’m so sorry sir, we’ll do better next time!” Instead of asking for raises. Amirite?

You don’t have to say the rnav fix in the takeoff clearance.
You do for parallel runway operations with simultaneous departures. The only argument to save them is that one was off runway 26 and one was 25R? Except 25L, 25R, and 26 share the same magnetic headings and the runways should probably be renamed.

5-8-2d
When conducting simultaneous parallel runway departures utilizing RNAV SIDs, advise aircraft of the initial fix/waypoint on the RNAV route.
PHRASEOLOGY-

RNAV to (fix/waypoint), RUNWAY (number), CLEARED FOR TAKEOFF.

Last edited:

High profile deals shouldn’t prevent pay raises. Pilots are getting big raises and have you seen the shit they are doing? Almost crashed a 777 in Maui, crunched a 767 in Houston, slammed a main gear strut through the wing in SNA etc…
Natca national is more interested in getting along with their management counterparts than fighting for their people. When airline CEO’s called Butigig out for half their delays being ATC related, how was Santa not by their side enforcing the idea that we are severely understaffed and could use pay increases to atleast keep up with inflation.

High profile deals shouldn’t prevent pay raises. Pilots are getting big raises and have you seen the shit they are doing? Almost crashed a 777 in Maui, crunched a 767 in Houston, slammed a main gear strut through the wing in SNA etc…
Natca national is more interested in getting along with their management counterparts than fighting for their people. When airline CEO’s called Butigig out for half their delays being ATC related, how was Santa not by their side enforcing the idea that we are severely understaffed and could use pay increases to atleast keep up with inflation.
NATCA slammed the FAA in the media when United trashed the FAA. People just like to act like NATCA does nothing but I've seen it listed in several articles calling for more staffing.

I don't disagree that the union has been too cordial with management for my liking.

NATCA slammed the FAA in the media when United trashed the FAA. People just like to act like NATCA does nothing but I've seen it listed in several articles calling for more staffing.

I don't disagree that the union has been too cordial with management for my liking.
Bruh… the last article I read, from a week ago, gave us exactly one line at the very bottom of the article. It takes more than one line, hidden under an ad, at the bottom of one article to make a difference.

You have the President of the United States publicly praising private auto workers for going on strike to demand more pay while we cry ourselves to sleep at night because our staffing (and pay) is an issue nobody seems to give a fuck about.

IMG_6768.jpeg

Loser

I'm not saying we don't deserve a raise but how are people going to say that this job isn't worth recommending to people. You make close to the top 15% of all americans if you work a little OT at a 7. Close to top 5 percent if you're at a 12
The people here are overly dramatic. The one spam account claims we'll be a minimum wage job in 7 years. People in this career field and especially this forum are entitled and have very little idea how good we have it.

Back
Top Bottom