Renew Slate Book 2026???

What’s the deal with ATC in Spain? I thought I read that their base pay is similar to ours but they get their massive yearly pay if they have to work OT some even making like 600-700k in euros. We need to do something like that. You want me to spend my off days at work where I should instead be with family and doing errands and living life? Okay pay me a fuck ton in OT. 1.5x for OT is not enough anymore. We need to make the FAA feel the pain with how they abuse us in OT.
I dunno that sounds good! Also if they switch you from your bid schedule for coverage it should turn into OT

Sure, a substantial raise would make it worthwhile for those of us who have been getting the shit end of the stick for a decade plus. That still doesn’t mean I’d recommend it. Yeah a huge payday would be nice but it doesn’t shake the fact that my one fucking off day is Tuesday and I practically work a different shift every day of the week. I love when someone tries to make plans with me and asks if dinner on Thursday works and I have to say no, I’m working. They follow up with how about breakfast/brunch on Sunday… see that’s where they getcha, working then too. And they just sit there like wtf
I hear you bro. Add in mandatory OT, the quick turns, missing your kid's events, etc etc etc.

Pay makes things better. Period. Inflation is killing us. I got kids to feed brother. I'm tryna earn out here and the FAA won't let me earn.

I mean I think we deserve better raises but most people would kill to make this much money, I recommend this job to everyone
Which parts do you recommend? The low pay ceiling? Inability to get leave when you want? Shift work? Robust transfer system?

A 20 year CPC at a level 12 scrapes $200,000. What’s the ceiling for 20 year airline pilot?

Which parts do you recommend? The low pay ceiling? Inability to get leave when you want? Shift work? Robust transfer system?

A 20 year CPC at a level 12 scrapes $200,000. What’s the ceiling for 20 year airline pilot?
Scrapes 200k? How out of touch are you lmao. Ask most people if they'd like a job that puts them in the top 5% of earners across the country

I was reading a 12 year AAL captain will make 400/hr on their new contract ….

Not saying we deserve that but fuuuuck bro 200k is the new 100k post covid, post federal reserve money printer goes BRRRRRR era

Nah I think people who have been in atc for a while are pretty out of touch with how much they make lol
I remember senior controllers were at ~$175,000 in 2011 towards the end of the red book.

Plug that into the Governments Inflation Calculator and that is nearly $245,000 in 2023 Bidenomics. So people should be happy the job pays less these days, just because there are other jobs that don’t pay as well?

Bottom line: This job doesn’t pay as well as it did 10, 15, 20 years ago.

It’s not a matter of opinion, these are facts. Why you guys are ok with that or choose to defend it…IDK?

For the MAGAs on here that like to dO tHeIr OwN rEsEaRcH, go here and plug in the name of someone from your facility who was capped out.

Then convert that to 2023 Bidenomics Dollars

Scrapes 200k? How out of touch are you lmao. Ask most people if they'd like a job that puts them in the top 5% of earners across the country
Ah yes, compare a skilled job to a min wage job. Surgeons shouldn’t ask for more money because there exist 7-11 workers making $15/hr.

I don’t care where we are as a % of earners in the country. I don’t care how many people make more or less than us. Inflation has gone nuts, most labor has kept up with it or beat inflation. We fall further and further behind.

You keep doubling down on “but it’s enough” “but it’s more that other people” no one is denying that, the argument being made is that it hasn’t kept pace with all other increases (parallel industry wages, cost of living, inflation, etc).

Conventional wisdom would imply in the same job you have greater buying power the longer you stay in it, in our situation a CPC 10 years ago could afford “more stuff” than a current CPC at the same facility with the same longevity. You can spin a way to defend that however you want but I will look around the room and ask the big question: RAZE WEN?

The spam FLM FAA shill account will say, but I am better paid than all the losers I know. Why do I deserve more than my loser friends?
“But the guy who cuts my lawn makes $20/hr, so I should be happy with what I make and never ask for more!”

Ah yes, compare a skilled job to a min wage job. Surgeons shouldn’t ask for more money because there exist 7-11 workers making $15/hr.

I don’t care where we are as a % of earners in the country. I don’t care how many people make more or less than us. Inflation has gone nuts, most labor has kept up with it or beat inflation. We fall further and further behind.

You keep doubling down on “but it’s enough” “but it’s more that other people” no one is denying that, the argument being made is that it hasn’t kept pace with all other increases (parallel industry wages, cost of living, inflation, etc).

Conventional wisdom would imply in the same job you have greater buying power the longer you stay in it, in our situation a CPC 10 years ago could afford “more stuff” than a current CPC at the same facility with the same longevity. You can spin a way to defend that however you want but I will look around the room and ask the big question: RAZE WEN?
I'm not sure if you guys are stupid or can't read but never did I say we didn't deserve more, I said you're out of touch if you think this job is scraping by lmao

I'm not sure if you guys are stupid or can't read but never did I say we didn't deserve more, I said you're out of touch if you think this job is scraping by lmao
I’m not sure if you are stupid or can’t read but I didn’t say we’re scraping by. I said we haven’t kept up. I would never defend or justify a reason for us to NOT get a raise (or bigger than the paltry 5%) like you are choosing to say.

Doctors. Lawyers. Pilots. Controllers.

Anything less is a disservice.

I can’t walk into an OR and perform surgery nor could my surgeon step foot on the floor and push tin. However, we both could cut our own fucking grass or work the gas station register.
I mean I'm not disagreeing with anything being said about keeping up with inflation etc. But one could just as easily say you couldn't step foot on a job site and pour concrete or frame a house to code. Does the hammer swinging meth head deserve 250-300k a year for his services? I mean lives are at stake! That building could fall on someone!

And that's not denigrating trades careers by any sense. Honestly ATC is more akin to a trade job than it is anything you listed.

I’m not sure if you are stupid or can’t read but I didn’t say we’re scraping by. I said we haven’t kept up. I would never defend or justify a reason for us to NOT get a raise (or bigger than the paltry 5%) like you are choosing to say.
I have never said we didn't deserve a raise so not sure what you're reading

I mean I'm not disagreeing with anything being said about keeping up with inflation etc. But one could just as easily say you couldn't step foot on a job site and pour concrete or frame a house to code. Does the hammer swinging meth head deserve 250-300k a year for his services? I mean lives are at stake! That building could fall on someone!

And that's not denigrating trades careers by any sense. Honestly ATC is more akin to a trade job than it is anything you listed.
I’ll be honest, you’re talking to the wrong guy about this because I actually did what you’re talking about single handedly for my own house. Forming, concrete, framing, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, landscaping and landscape design, plaster, masonry, and the list goes on and on. If you’d like to see the outcome, I can send you the link lol

I’ll be honest, you’re talking to the wrong guy about this because I actually did what you’re talking about single handedly for my own house. Forming, concrete, framing, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, landscaping and landscape design, plaster, masonry, and the list goes on and on. If you’d like to see the outcome, I can send you the link lol
Can you send me a link, how much did you end up saving, the housing market is ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom