Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be suprised if this ends up being a benchmark case for the 2nd amendment. He did not transfer that rifle across state lines, he took possession of it after he crossed supposedly, and if he was part of a militia (USC 10 states - The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age ) then that charge holds no ground. It has already been affirmed that you can practice your first and second amendments at the same time. So it really comes down to, was it self defense? Did he fear for his life? In the latter two its easy to say, a skateboard is a deadly weapon as is a handgun. Only time will tell how this one will fall out.

I would be shocked if this case ever went to trial. they may get him to plea to a minor weapons charge, but I doubt it. After Nov 3 at some point it will be dropped.

Glad that we have so many constitutional scholars on this website.

Why would you want to emasculate everyone w an opinion on the issue? I hate to see this kind of inferiority complex. There are a lot of smart people on this site and their opinion is worth just as much as anyone else. Self Defense doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out, and it is people like us who will make up the jury.

Just as many level 5 tower controllers telling the Z’s how it is. We’re just having discussions....

Our opinion is just as valuable as anyone elses. Dont let anyone diminish that.

I would be shocked if this case ever went to trial. they may get him to plea to a minor weapons charge, but I doubt it. After Nov 3 at some point it will be dropped.

Why would you want to emasculate everyone w an opinion on the issue? I hate to see this kind of inferiority complex. There are a lot of smart people on this site and their opinion is worth just as much as anyone else. Self Defense doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out, and it is people like us who will make up the jury.

Our opinion is just as valuable as anyone elses. Dont let anyone diminish that.
Interesting that you mention Nov 3rd. Classic Pushing Tin

If not for Pushing Tin that day would have no significance

This is a very esoteric reference but.... how everyone refers to this guy reminds me of Kelsier from the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. He purposely martyred himself so as to have a greater impact in death. Seems the obsession w PT is similar!

If not for Pushing Tin that day would have no significance
It's when covid ends

I watched all that stuff, he'll get off without murder or manslaughter but he is far from a hero, unless you're right wing. Luckily he went to police camp. I think it's great we should have all our youth go to camps and learn how to properly police, but the left just want anarchy. Look at him help break up this fight

I mean the video linked is literally from a lawyer, so I guess that counts?
Forgive me if I don’t take a known NRA contributors YouTube video as a legit legal opinion.
it is people like us who will make up the jury.
A jury’s job is to determine the facts from evidence presented to them. I see a lot of discussion going way beyond that.

No matter what any of us say the kid killed 2 people under questionable circumstances. He should stand trial and hope the justice system does its job.

Forgive me if I don’t take a known NRA contributors YouTube video as a legit legal opinion.

A jury’s job is to determine the facts from evidence presented to them. I see a lot of discussion going way beyond that.

No matter what any of us say the kid killed 2 people under questionable circumstances. He should stand trial and hope the justice system does its job.
How bough dipping after you shot someone for “self defense” it’s funny how I don’t walk around with an ar15 and I don’t get in these scenarios. WEIRD.

incorrect. Killing 2 people does not mean he should stand trial as an absolute. There are many circumstances in law where that would be justified. Just as there are degrees within the law. the DA is duty bound to only bring charges he reasonably believes he can get a conviciton on. When you charge 1st degree in a case w circumstances such as this... you are screaming "this is political". Why would an NRA contributor not be credible? There are many millions of us.

You're going to be real upset when you find out that a ton of lawyers, judges and their like (including the pilots that fly and the air traffic controllers around you) donate to pro constitutional rights organizations.

incorrect. Killing 2 people does not mean he should stand trial as an absolute. There are many circumstances in law where that would be justified. Just as there are degrees within the law. When you charge 1st degree in a case w circumstances such as this... you are screaming "this is political". Why would an NRA contributor not be credible? There are many millions of us.
He’s been charged with 1st degree murder but that’s no necessarily what he’ll stand trial for. And yeah I don’t take the NRA serious when having discussions about guns. Not saying all NRA members are irrational “come and take them” types but the organization itself is a joke and actually does it’s members a disservice by being so ridiculous.

He’s been charged with 1st degree murder but that’s no necessarily what he’ll stand trial for. And yeah I don’t take the NRA serious when having discussions about guns. Not saying all NRA members are irrational “come and take them” types but the organization itself is a joke and actually does it’s members a disservice by being so ridiculous.

i think its an imperfect organization for sure.... but when they take a militant stance its based on the plain language of the 2nd amendment that says "shall NOT be infringed", in that context the contemporary ideas of "common sense gun reform" are nullified. Whether you agree w that or not. If they allow mission creep there is no end but for a progressive erosion into Australia.

Most real pro 2nd amendment guys and girls donate to org's like FPC and the like, not the NRA anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom