Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Controllers won’t even wear masks you think their gonna take random covid tests

still cant figure out why the hypocrisy on masks within ATC. somehow facilities (which have to be some of the worst enclosed spaces for transmission, especially towers!) have been deemed safe spaces by even the most zealous mask people. Except for that one guy here who told me "he wears them, fuck u very much".

the entire world is full of crazed Karen mask monsters, but none in ATC. ATC may ACTUALLY be full of smart people who are above average intelligence and "not eveyrone can do this job"! This proves that people latently know the hysteria is bullshit. Their actions reflect that. Yet once they log onto Facebook its back to The KARENing Of All Things #BestJobinTheWorld

still cant figure out why the hypocrisy on masks within ATC. somehow facilities (which have to be some of the worst enclosed spaces for transmission, especially towers!) have been deemed safe spaces by even the most zealous mask people. Except for that one guy here who told me "he wears them, fuck u very much".

the entire world is full of crazed Karen mask monsters, but none in ATC. ATC may ACTUALLY be full of smart people who are above average intelligence and "not eveyrone can do this job"! This proves that people latently know the hysteria is bullshit. Their actions reflect that. Yet once they log onto Facebook its back to The KARENing Of All Things #BestJobinTheWorld

I appreciate your existence and contributions to this forum by the way, just fogured you should know that.

If I've read your posts correctly, you are positing that COVID-19 is a much overblown pandemic, is no more than a flu, and that masks aren't necessary and/or effective. Do you care to provide the infectious disease experts, scientists, and/or health care professionals that have supported any of those assertions?

Last edited:
If I've read your posts correctly, you are positing that COVID-19 is a much overblown pandemic, is no more than a flu, and that masks aren't necessary and/or effective. Do you care to provide the infectious disease experts, scientists, and/or health care professionals that have supported any of those assertions?
I think his (?) point is that IF this is what the experts say it is, the union should be fighting for controllers to receive hazard pay as a result of working in such potentially deadly conditions. PT’s just playing the hypocrisy card and and everyone here keeps feeding him. I get a kick out of it, myself.

You have not read my posts correctly at all. Sounds like you are just cherry picking talking points and projecting them onto whatever caricature or stereotype you have of someone who may post contrarian opinion. Many people have died. Covid19 is novel - no one has immunity - and therefore nothing like the flu, unless you are talking Spanish Flu 1918. Masks obviously are effective in stopping the spread.

Those are wholly different issues all together than whether or not tyrannical elected officials should impose endless draconian shutdowns and destroy millions of peoples morale, economics, mental health, religion, family, etc. Especially in context that the same ones have sanctified endless "protests" while banning everything else. They are basically modern day war criminals and their Jack booted state trooper Gestapo are "just following orders". Ask anyone who had a family member die in a nursing home and couldn't say goodbye or go to funeral .all BECAUSE governors ordered them to be relocated w Covid patients. Murderers all. Just because it is unlawful for a governor to decree you wear a mask like a king and impose a fake penalty that has no basis in law, due process, judicial review, precedent, etc... doesnt mean they aren't effective in stopping virus. Anthiny Fauci is clearly an attention whoring charlatan with a gigantic ego. He has flip flopped more than any other "scientist" I've ever seen. Hes posing for magazine covers and drooling over his hero Steph Curry and other celebs in interviews. Stop worshipping false gods. I trust raw pork more than Fraudci. Least when I get trichinosis I know the treatment and it change on a whim or be political. Stop being a useful idiot and start thinking for yourself.

As far as applying it to ATC. 1 or 2 people at every facility wear masks (if that). Yet every facility has zealots who would scream at you and put you ion YouTube if you walked into their Trader Joe's or Whole Foods maskless. Somehow ATC facilities have been falsely and ignorantly labeled safe spaces. False sense of security. Either way the hypocrisy is off the charts. I think from an agency perspective it has something to do with unwillingness to pay hazard pay; but the rubber meets the road w this training stuff. The Virus is very overblown though. It is not an existential crisis or the end of days. It is not worth traumatizing children and driving people to despair and ruin. It's happening because there is an election in a few months. Everyone knows that even if you want to pretend otherwise. Its disgusting and cynical and evil, and history will not remember this time well.

You have not read my posts correctly at all. Sounds like you are just cherry picking talking points and projecting them onto whatever caricature or stereotype you have of someone who may post contrarian opinion. Many people have died. Covid19 is novel - no one has immunity - and therefore nothing like the flu, unless you are talking Spanish Flu 1918. Masks obviously are effective in stopping the spread.

Those are wholly different issues all together than whether or not tyrannical elected officials should impose endless draconian shutdowns and destroy millions of peoples morale, economics, mental health, religion, family, etc. Especially in context that the same ones have sanctified endless "protests" while banning everything else. They are basically modern day war criminals and their Jack booted state trooper Gestapo are "just following orders". Ask anyone who had a family member die in a nursing home and couldn't say goodbye or go to funeral .all BECAUSE governors ordered them to be relocated w Covid patients. Murderers all. Just because it is unlawful for a governor to decree you wear a mask like a king and impose a fake penalty that has no basis in law, due process, judicial review, precedent, etc... doesnt mean they aren't effective in stopping virus. Anthiny Fauci is clearly an attention whoring charlatan with a gigantic ego. He has flip flopped more than any other "scientist" I've ever seen. Hes posing for magazine covers and drooling over his hero Steph Curry and other celebs in interviews. Stop worshipping false gods. I trust raw pork more than Fraudci. Least when I get trichinosis I know the treatment and it change on a whim or be political. Stop being a useful idiot and start thinking for yourself.

As far as applying it to ATC. 1 or 2 people at every facility wear masks (if that). Yet every facility has zealots who would scream at you and put you ion YouTube if you walked into their Trader Joe's or Whole Foods maskless. Somehow ATC facilities have been falsely and ignorantly labeled safe spaces. False sense of security. Either way the hypocrisy is off the charts. I think from an agency perspective it has something to do with unwillingness to pay hazard pay; but the rubber meets the road w this training stuff. The Virus is very overblown though. It is not an existential crisis or the end of days. It is not worth traumatizing children and driving people to despair and ruin. It's happening because there is an election in a few months. Everyone knows that even if you want to pretend otherwise. Its disgusting and cynical and evil, and history will not remember this time well.
You know the Supreme Court decided over 100 years ago it’s well in states rights to enforce rules for health reasons.

You know the Supreme Court decided over 100 years ago it’s well in states rights to enforce rules for health reasons.

So what? They also upheld Dred Scott & paved the way for decades of Jim Crow laws with Plessy vs Ferguson.

And no, SCOTUS never granted state executives infinite power to decree whatever they wanted. We can watch a little youtube vid about civics for 5th graders and learn that legislators write, debate, amend laws. Including what penalties or consequences there are for violating them Governors enforce them. Courts review them. Governors are not kings, even if that fits your 2020 political wishes. The same decision also said government mandates shall not be issues in an arbitrary or oppressive manner. If you allow so-called "protests" but not church , that is the textbook definition of arbitrary. The devil is thriving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious if you guys think one thing may lead to another or am I connecting dots that aren't there? Next Covid stimulus package is expected in the next week or two. Supposedly, there is zero chance that this bill won't have liability protections for employers. Does training start back up the day the president signs that thing? Asses covered legally so eat it NATCA moment?

Comparing the novel coronavirus to influenza and only presenting the “novel” nature of the coronavirus certainly seems to assert that is the primary and/or only difference. To be clear, COVID-19 is much more virulent, lethal, and is a much greater risk for serious organ and tissue damage than any influenza sins the 1918 Influenza.

Nice political diatribe and personal attacks, but nothing really of substance here. Anthony Fauci is one of the most respected infectious disease experts in the world. He’s been on point throughout the entire pandemic. Other than not having complete information because the pandemic was prevailing and nobody had complete information, he’s been wholly consistent throughout the pandemic. Even then, he consistently presented information as the best indication that was available and carefully and continually articulated that there is a lot that is unknown about the virus. If you are going to discredit him, do it with facts. Provide specific examples in which he presented something as fact and was wrong. Further, every doctor, infectious disease professional and scientist is in lock stop agreement. The virus is exactly as I described above and masks are effective at preventing spread. You need look no further than the EU for a solid example. They had a far worse initial outbreak than the US. The difference is they largely presented a unified message to wear masks to prevent the spread. Now, they have very low rates, are nearly completely open, and even have kids safely returned to school. As for being a “useful idiot”, in a political sense I believe that would apply to those that believe whatever politicians in their party tell them. I believe science and only science. Science is pretty clear on all issues surrounding this virus. Finally, I never provided a stance on closing things down. I believe we could safely leave most businesses open and control spread of the virus. However, for those two to coexist, people must consistently wear masks and socially distance.

The virus doesn’t care who wins the election. But, as an aside, had the current president taken the path of most countries in the EU, it’s logical to assert that the US would be in a similar situation. If that were the case, he’d have a huge win on coronavirus and the economy. Instead of lagging far behind a relatively poor candidate, he’d have a solid lead. Is it really fair to blame The Democratic Party or the news media for the president’s standing when most people believe he’s done an abysmal job managing the only crisis he’s faced as president?

Anthony Fauci is one of the most respected infectious disease experts in the world. He’s been on point throughout the entire pandemic. Other than not having complete information because the pandemic was prevailing and nobody had complete information, he’s been wholly consistent throughout the pandemic. Even then, he consistently presented information as the best indication that was available and carefully and continually articulated that there is a lot that is unknown about the virus.

giphy.gif

Oh yes indeed, those evil Democratic politicians are on the front page of the Washington Post this morning for sending their state police to grab people who dared to step outside without masks and whisk them away in unmarked vans.

Oh wait

They weren't grabbing right-wing mask protestors

why do you hate law enforcement? LOL @ citing Amazon WaPo. Woodward and Sloppy Carl are rolling in their almost graves

You’re never going to get someone who doesn’t believe in science to believe in it so why try

why do you hate law enforcement?
That's not what I said, but it does happen that I think the state of US policing is way out of line. US police forces kill way more citizens per capita than in other developed nations, especially people of color. I won't bother posting sources because you obviously don't care and will find reasons to ignore any evidence you choose, but I'm certain you've heard them names Breonna Taylor, Elijah McLane, and George Floyd in recent months, you could start by looking them up.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.
I forgot. Anyone who tells you, during a pandemic, what you could be doing to slow the spread of the pandemic is never allowed to have pictures taken of themselves wearing anything but full PPE. Silly me.

I won't bother posting sources because you obviously don't care and will find reasons to ignore any evidence you choose, but I'm certain you've heard them names Breonna Taylor, Elijah McLane, and George Floyd in recent months, you could start by looking them up.

You think the nightly riots in Portland (the entire reason you got triggered that Federal Law Enforcement was arresting hardcore criminals) are because of (Minneapolis) George Floyd & (Louisville) Breonna Taylor? LOL u know nothing about PDX or Anarchists Jon Snow. Shame on you for encouraging lawlessness & the destruction of society. Welcome to the new dystopian hell that you cheerlead form your keyboard behind a thick layer of guilt and self righteousness. I support law enforcement 100%, full fucking stop.

Oh yes indeed, those evil Democratic politicians are on the front page of the Washington Post this morning for sending their state police to grab people who dared to step outside without masks and whisk them away in unmarked vans.

Oh wait

They weren't grabbing right-wing mask protestors

They were federal Customs and Border Patrol agents and they were grabbing Black Lives Matter protestors
B7B20720-C0CC-4594-9C3D-130C4E69BE78.gif
this is who you’re arguing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom