Should I even continue to pursue the FAA?

PapaKilo1317

Hello y’all, I’m currently in the pipeline for employment in the FAA, unfortunately I’m in the tier 2 process so I don’t expect anything in the near future. With that being said I have gotten into sweet ATC facility that has just approved a doubling of pay from roughy 60k to 120k with differentials. Should I still even consider the FAA? My work life balance is phenomenal, I get 3-4 days off a week and a benefits package that rivals or could be slightly better in cost than what the FAA offers based on co-workers anecdotes who have worked in the agency for 20+ years. That being said I’m torn on if I should give it up and go see what happens in the FAA or if I should enjoy my lucky facility. That being said I would like to hear what y’all have to say and how your lives in the FAA with pay and also non tangibles like work life balance have been. Thanks for the feedback.

Hello y’all, I’m currently in the pipeline for employment in the FAA, unfortunately I’m in the tier 2 process so I don’t expect anything in the near future. With that being said I have gotten into sweet ATC facility that has just approved a doubling of pay from roughy 60k to 120k with differentials. Should I still even consider the FAA? My work life balance is phenomenal, I get 3-4 days off a week and a benefits package that rivals or could be slightly better in cost than what the FAA offers based on co-workers anecdotes who have worked in the agency for 20+ years. That being said I’m torn on if I should give it up and go see what happens in the FAA or if I should enjoy my lucky facility. That being said I would like to hear what y’all have to say and how your lives in the FAA with pay and also non tangibles like work life balance have been. Thanks for the feedback.

Drama GIF

Where can you make 120k working only 3-4 days a week and why have I never heard of this?
It’s an air guard facility that is managed by the state of CO.

Don’t you think if this story was true it would have rocketed around the atc world by now?
No mainly because most people here are focused on FAA there’s quite a few guard and DoD facs that run under the radar

u should go faa and please dm me w/your current work deetz as soon as you submit your resignation, thank you kindly
Will gladly once I get my FOL in 4 years

do you want us to talk to out of your current gig or are you just bragging
Legit would like to know since I obviously would like to make even more money. Denver right now is clocking in at the top legally allowed pay over 200k I would rather be there but knowing all the turmoil going on in the agency especially with moving from fac to fac I have taken a pause since this is such a good gig

Sounds like you’re happy there and isn’t that all that matters? I’d have a hard time taking a pay cut but you do you

It’s an air guard facility that is managed by the state of CO.

No mainly because most people here are focused on FAA there’s quite a few guard and DoD facs that run under the radar

Will gladly once I get my FOL in 4 years

Legit would like to know since I obviously would like to make even more money. Denver right now is clocking in at the top legally allowed pay over 200k I would rather be there but knowing all the turmoil going on in the agency especially with moving from fac to fac I have taken a pause since this is such a good gig
Well if you get to one of the level 12s in Denver you can trade 4 days off a week for 4 days off a month!

Idk do you want to make more than 120k? Also how do you get tier 2 and hold an ATC medical at the same time? Wouldn’t the flight surgeon have a problem with that?
Ready for this? I got tier 2'd, waited about 11 months, and then applied for a fct. Had to do my medical again and was issued my current class 2 that day. Currently certified at my tower waiting for tier 2 to clear. Lol

Ready for this? I got tier 2'd, waited about 11 months, and then applied for a fct. Had to do my medical again and was issued my current class 2 that day. Currently certified at my tower waiting for tier 2 to clear. Lol
We had a guy who was CPC for 12 years, quit for 6 months, came back, and they made him retake the MMPI. Wild

It seems like either your tier 2 should be removed or you shouldn’t be able to work for an FCT lol

Back
Top Bottom