Side jobs?

Absolutely, could not agree more! Worries me in what the next 6 months to 2 years look like, but I keep telling myself to let it go and just roll with the punches just like I have for the last, almost 7 years now.
Keep that attitude. Training is rough, but will be well worth it in the long run. Gotta take the shit for a few years to reap the benefits for many, many years later.

Ya as of now, I’ve trained for a whopping 11 months out of the two years I’ve been at my facility. It’s been a great time.
Yeah I feel ya man. Our training manager already said pretty much every trainee will be sent to the labs when everyone does eventually return, and the labs will run at a significantly reduced capacity. Even if they only have everyone do a couple of problems each, it could be months to get everyone through.

Oh shit that really sucks. Hopefully they at least let you come back before hitting 120 so you didn’t lose the sectors you already had.
They did have us all come in and recert. Most likely were going to have to again. Which defeats the purpose of staying out of the building to social distance lol. If we can come back and recert, we should be able to come back and train.

I actually picked up a second gig thru some guy named Soros showing up to these events that are happening. Its pretty cool. I just like show up, someone hands me a sign and they pay me. Sometimes they have me throw a brick or two, which is fun. It's kinda wild sometimes but it pays decent.
Best part is at those events your except from coronavirus. Only place you can get it is at church a funeral or a small business.

Heads up, this is directly from the email I received from HR before getting my FOL. I'm not going to get a second job, but its up to you guys if you want to deal with that.

" ii. You cannot be dual employed. You cannot receive paid leave from the FAA and have another job (not even after hours or part time). "
I've read my TOL, FOL, and all the other EODS forms a dozen times each.

It is not stated anywhere that I cant hold a 2nd job after being onboarded

I've read my TOL, FOL, and all the other EODS forms a dozen times each.

It is not stated anywhere that I cant hold a 2nd job after being onboarded

Those are offer letters and a portal with forms you have to fill out. There are rules, and more of them that will fit on the back of a offer letter. Rely on HR guidance.

Now that being said, HR is dumb and really need to get on the same page. Half the time you'll get a different answer to your question each time you call. With that said, if you work an evening shift or on the weekend, one, no body will know.....and two, half of HR says that is kosher anyways.

Again, you guys need to read FAA Order 3750.7B...you can have a second job...

The .65 is gonna kill some of y'all...

I’m not sure what onboarding means but you shouldn’t need to work another job when in OKC even if you have a family. Unless the per diem has changed.

You should also realize the government doesn’t really give a shit about you and you aren’t that important. Nobody, NOBODY is assigned to make sure your sucking the day’s dick. The only way you get in trouble is if you either tell someone you’re working during work hours or you tell the FAA you can’t come in because of your second job. If you’re too dumb to follow those two simple items you’ll be washed anyways so it won’t matter.

You should also realize the government doesn’t really give a shit about you and you aren’t that important. Nobody, NOBODY is assigned to make sure your sucking the day’s dick. The only way you get in trouble is if you either tell someone you’re working during work hours or you tell the FAA you can’t come in because of your second job. If you’re too dumb to follow those two simple items you’ll be washed anyways so it won’t matter.
Psssstt... same with aviation stocks...

I’m not sure what onboarding means but you shouldn’t need to work another job when in OKC even if you have a family. Unless the per diem has changed.
People are on boarding and doing zoom classes from home. Student pay, no per diem.

Back
Top Bottom