Small Change to Placement Lists

It literally says “air traffic services and the NATCA bargaining unit”. Did you not take the time to read the post?
YOU obviously didn’t read the post. The only place NATCA is mentioned above is in reference to change 2: “You can now volunteer for placement at certain facilities deemed eligible by Air Traffic Services and the NATCA Bargaining Unit.” NATCA had nothing to do with the first change which is the really substantial one (facilities not falling off lists). And the way that sentence is worded, the volunteer list wasn’t something the union made happen either, they just have some level of involvement in which facilities do/don’t appear on the list. The union blasted out another propaganda email this morning touting all their “accomplishments” this year, and all it was was a YouTube slideshow of all the NEB fuckers at a bunch of conferences. If NATCA had made this happen, you know they’d be patting themselves on the backs everywhere touting it, just like they did with the +10% OJTI differential. They didn’t do shit with this.

YOU obviously didn’t read the post. The only place NATCA is mentioned above is in reference to change 2: “You can now volunteer for placement at certain facilities deemed eligible by Air Traffic Services and the NATCA Bargaining Unit.” NATCA had nothing to do with the first change which is the really substantial one (facilities not falling off lists). And the way that sentence is worded, the volunteer list wasn’t something the union made happen either, they just have some level of involvement in which facilities do/don’t appear on the list. The union blasted out another propaganda email this morning touting all their “accomplishments” this year, and all it was was a YouTube slideshow of all the NEB fuckers at a bunch of conferences. If NATCA had made this happen, you know they’d be patting themselves on the backs everywhere touting it, just like they did with the +10% OJTI differential. They didn’t do shit with this.
NATCA likes taking and posting pictures without actually accomplishing anything. That’s what they’ve become.
Go PAC go! Let try and buy some more voootes🤣

Care to enlighten us, brother? #insolidarity
NATCA so drunk they tryin to take credit for a FAA and non BUE win🤣

NATCA so drunk they tryin to take credit for a FAA and non BUE win🤣
They’re not even trying to take credit, some of their bootlicker fanboys are just so brainwashed they can’t stand anyone calling out the union. And their only argument is “yOu’Re FuLl Of ShIt” without ever providing an actual intelligent counter argument.

They’re not even trying to take credit, some of their bootlicker fanboys are just so brainwashed they can’t stand anyone calling out the union. And their only argument is “yOu’Re FuLl Of ShIt” without ever providing an actual intelligent counter argument.
Seriously this is a win/win for any and all facilities on that list and/or any academy personnel that actually want to be at those facilities. It seems like NATCA has little to no involvement in this. They aren’t parading this like did the 5/10 or 5/5 schedule or parental leave like they have the past few years.

Concerning how they’ve been yelling CRWG and staffing since last year, but the ATO/FAA just decides this is how it should be? NATCA may have fought for this, but they have no communication to membership and no merit in this decision. Thus no credit is given here.

Seriously this is a win/win for any and all facilities on that list and/or any academy personnel that actually want to be at those facilities. It seems like NATCA has little to no involvement in this. They aren’t parading this like did the 5/10 or 5/5 schedule or parental leave like they have the past few years.

Concerning how they’ve been yelling CRWG and staffing since last year, but the ATO/FAA just decides this is how it should be? NATCA may have fought for this, but they have no communication to membership and no merit in this decision. Thus no credit is given here.
Exactly. Especially with the union presidential election right around the corner, I guarantee you if NATCA made something like this happen, they’d make sure every member and their dog knew about it. They push things that aren’t even real accomplishments in everyone’s faces.

Are we just going to ignore that you used to get 2x per every student in your class. This is the biggest issue there’s always just little bandaids on their broken systems instead of actually changing anything.

So now you can request LA center? But not Kansas City center? Why?

Are we just going to ignore that you used to get 2x per every student in your class. This is the biggest issue there’s always just little bandaids on their broken systems instead of actually changing anything.

So now you can request LA center? But not Kansas City center? Why?
Classes used to get that but some jack hole in OKC decided that wasn’t the way it should be. Who do we bitch to? Front line supes? OKC? Nobody knows where I’m at.

I agree we should offer more “opportunities” to the ones the graduate. It would really help placing new hires closer to home, especially if they want to be there.

BUT, NATCA has yet to offer me or any other dues paying member more opportunities to further our careers doing exactly what we signed up to do.

I’m pro union for what unions stand for. The AFL CIO states unions should fight for better pay and benefits for their paying laborers. While I agree staffing sucks and is the worst it’s ever been, NATCA cannot control or project hiring and should be fighting for more pay and benefits in the mean time.

Our pathetic NEB is a country club run by idiots promoting other idiots into positions which they are unqualified for. Unless you shut up and get on the bus you’re an outsider. Speak against the NEB and fuck you and your opinion.

Fuck the current NEB.

They’ll say the forums, Reddit and internet is an echo chamber. We’ve all heard it. But vote them out. They haven’t done anything in the last 4 years regarding pay and benefits. Yet they will be the first to take credit for anything and everything that helps your life. Even if they didn’t even try.

Unless the pass rate of any given class is 100%, does this not create a scenario where truly undesirable facilities will receive 0 new hires?
Example: 15/18 pass. 3 facilities don’t get picked and move to the next list. Next class 12/18 pass, those same 3 facilities don’t get picked. So on and so forth?
Yeah. That's why they stopped doing this in the first place a couple years ago. Round and round.

GIF by Groundhog Day

Classes used to get that but some jack hole in OKC decided that wasn’t the way it should be. Who do we bitch to? Front line supes? OKC? Nobody knows where I’m at.

I agree we should offer more “opportunities” to the ones the graduate. It would really help placing new hires closer to home, especially if they want to be there.

BUT, NATCA has yet to offer me or any other dues paying member more opportunities to further our careers doing exactly what we signed up to do.

I’m pro union for what unions stand for. The AFL CIO states unions should fight for better pay and benefits for their paying laborers. While I agree staffing sucks and is the worst it’s ever been, NATCA cannot control or project hiring and should be fighting for more pay and benefits in the mean time.

Our pathetic NEB is a country club run by idiots promoting other idiots into positions which they are unqualified for. Unless you shut up and get on the bus you’re an outsider. Speak against the NEB and fuck you and your opinion.

Fuck the current NEB.

They’ll say the forums, Reddit and internet is an echo chamber. We’ve all heard it. But vote them out. They haven’t done anything in the last 4 years regarding pay and benefits. Yet they will be the first to take credit for anything and everything that helps your life. Even if they didn’t even try.
I think a stable and predictable stream of trainees to every facility will help certified controllers move

So this is just a nail in the coffin for BGR, anywhere in Alaska, ACK, ASE and GCN… I guess NATCA/FAA is just saying fuck you to all the members at those facilities? But hey seems some of you think this is a step in the right direction and my idea on placing trainees everywhere was just fucking dumb right? Maybe it’s just time for all the controllers at those facilities to go contract and then come back into the FAA.

So this is just a nail in the coffin for BGR, anywhere in Alaska, ACK, ASE and GCN… I guess NATCA/FAA is just saying fuck you to all the members at those facilities? But hey seems some of you think this is a step in the right direction and my idea on placing trainees everywhere was just fucking dumb right? Maybe it’s just time for all the controllers at those facilities to go contract and then come back into the FAA.
Very true for them, those places will be less likely to get new people... again

I don’t think it precludes those places from being on the list. I’m sure they’ll bring back a top x spots are mandatory rule because that’s how it used to be. Since they just go around in circles.

Being able to volunteer for BGR will be a huge benefit for them. The problem is everyone that gets forced there ends up quitting, find a hardship, go contract, take a sup job, sell their soul to N90 or go DoD. Like I did. And nine other people did while I was there. There's been people who have wanted BGR and quit because they couldn't get it. These facilities will still get on lists over and over and will have plenty of bodies coming in. Forcing people from CA WA TX MN PA SC WV etc to go there and be miserable is not the solution.

A good step in the right direction. One of the best changes for our career this year and shockingly, NATCA had nothing to do with it.
How do you know this? Or are you just making shit up?

no they slide to the next list and they’ll start putting multiples on the next list. Back in the day it was 2X spot per student on the list and the top 2 were mandatory
The mandatories were a % of the total. And they didnt slide to the next list. The lists are reset every Wednesday so depending on how the projected moves around, facility’s slots move around. Some facilities would consistently go unselected but still never generated a top 4 to be mandatory. Also certain savy or incompetent ATMs would temporarily butcher their SWB to tank their projected and steal slots.

Another huge win for non bue
The BUEs at the facilities listed can train some people that actually want the job. For the first time in 8 years.

For this to work, you assume people would actually select BGR,ASE etc….. the only way to staff those facilities is to force people in to them. The FAA has tried this crap before and it didn’t work, do you really think someone is going to volunteer to go to a shit facility with high COL?? Y’all gotta stop drinking the FAA/NATCA koolaid.

How do you know this? Or are you just making shit up?
Take off the fucking blinders for once. If you have an actual counter argument to contradict anything I said, then present it. Otherwise stfu. Again, if NATCA had made this happen, we would have heard about it. Period.

Last edited:
You think the FAA came up with this plan on their own 🤣.
Yes I do. Do you think NATCA is going to spend the time and resources to fight for something that primarily affects non-BUE’s? And then you think they’re not going to gloat about it in one of the half dozen emails they blast out every week where they pat themselves on the back for random shit nobody cares about? The FAA was probably concerned about the losses they've been incurring from the unprecedented number of trainee resignations over the last 2 years. I guarantee you people said in exit interviews part of the reason they were quitting was because they ended up somewhere they didn’t want to be, and a place they would have been interested in fell off their academy list. This change is likely the reaction to that.

Back
Top Bottom