TEC Routes Source

TowerGuy17

Lurker
Hello fellow Controllers,

So at my VFR Tower we have a very old binder with TEC routes in it. I didn’t count the unnumbered pages but let’s just say it’s well over 50 but less than 100. Anyway they are extremely outdated and need to be updated. The tower relies heavily on the FDIO for reroutes and a quick call to our Tracon data position to have a look at them. In an attempt to get the binder updated I found the FAA’s downloadable database of all TEC, Low, & High routes in my area. When I filter this list by the origin in which we have always used…the list is only about 45-50 total routes NOT Pages. Less than 30 routes if I just filter the TEC routes by themselves.

I’m not sure why the FAA database would be so small compared to how large we have in our old outdated binder. Does anyone have any idea how I could get the complete list maybe without having to involve my Tracon data personnel?? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You want just the TEC routes? They are listed in the Chart Supplement (Green FLIP Book), normally in Section 4 under the heading Tower Enroute Control Routes.

If you don't have that pub, post the state you work in and I'll grab it for you.

You want just the TEC routes? They are listed in the Chart Supplement (Green FLIP Book), normally in Section 4 under the heading Tower Enroute Control Routes.

If you don't have that pub, post the state you work in and I'll grab it for you.
Yes they are indeed. It is still a limited list in the supplement compared to the list we have in the printed binder.

Let me see if I can explain this better. It’s almost like the list that is made public is for more popular airport destinations. Whereas the outdated binder we have lists a more detailed list of airports in alphabetical order. Therefore the outdated list is more complete whereas the public list is just the more frequent routes used.

Hope that makes more sense.

We get ours from our LOA with Norcal. We take the ones that are for our airport complex and then retype them in a nice easy-to-read excel sheet and then that goes under the glass. See if there's an LOA at your fac dedicated to tec routes.

Some airports have Coded Departure Routes. Put your airport into the "origin" field on this page and see if anything comes up. Put in BUR to see some examples. See also the Preferred Routes database.

TEC routes should be in the Chart Supplement and/or LOA.

If you're talking about the Adapted Departure Routes that appear inside plus marks on the strip, those are defined in ERAM somewhere and I think you'd have to talk to someone at the center to find out more.

Some airports have Coded Departure Routes. Put your airport into the "origin" field on this page and see if anything comes up. Put in BUR to see some examples. See also the Preferred Routes database.

TEC routes should be in the Chart Supplement and/or LOA.

If you're talking about the Adapted Departure Routes that appear inside plus marks on the strip, those are defined in ERAM somewhere and I think you'd have to talk to someone at the center to find out more.
This is great stuff thank you for this.

We don’t have any LOA’s that I’m aware of for this. I’m going to print the routes that are listed on both these pages for our area. I discussed with ATM as well and he has given permission to reach out to our Tracon for more information. Thank you to everyone who has helped in this.

Back
Top Bottom