Terminal Class pass rate

Purely based off stats and no knowledge of the facilities, I would do SMF, FNT, MLI, HWD/RHV, CPR, BFL, TRI in that order.

SMF is highly staffed, good success rate, very short training time, only 2 ahead of you. Could likely get out easily if you want.

FNT might seem undesirable because it's a 4, but they're highly staffed, good success rate, short training time, only 1 trainee ahead of you. Could potentially transfer out quick.

HWD and RHV are gonna be expensive but they also have good staffing, short training times, good success rates, and few trainees ahead of you so you could also potentially get out quick, but likely everyone there also wants out so it'll be a battle to get out.

CPR would suck being in the middle of nowhere Wyoming but they have good staffing, decent training time, good success rate, and only 1 trainee ahead of you. Could also potentially get out easily, but also likely everyone wants out so likely a battle to leave.

BFL and TRI I would not choose if you don't have to. While BFL has decent staffing and a kinda decent training time they have a ton of trainees that you're gonna have to fight for training time over. I would choose BFL over TRI if those are your only options. TRI is an absolute no go if you don't have to. Terrible staffing, terrible success rate, terrible training times, tons of trainees ahead of you. For reference, I went to a similarly staffed facility with more trainees than CPCs and it took me a year to even start training.

Re: BFL. I would not choose BFL. However, when thinking about ranking BFL, you also have to keep in mind it's losing its TRACON to FAT.

Strong chance whoever gets FNT checks out by end of summer if they handle the traffic and the locality is high for a not expensive at all place to live. Essentially L5 pay with rest of US locality.
I can't speak to the culture of the facility, but that area of Michigan is great for cost of living. You can insert any Flint water joke you want, but 5 minutes in any direction from Flint and it isn't an issue; there are plenty of nice neighborhoods that were built post WWII when GM had most of their white-collar workforce and high level engineers living there.

I can't speak to the culture of the facility, but that area of Michigan is great for cost of living. You can insert any Flint water joke you want, but 5 minutes in any direction from Flint and it isn't an issue; there are plenty of nice neighborhoods that were built post WWII when GM had most of their white-collar workforce and high level engineers living there.
I thought most of the Flint water issues were resolved. Not from the area, just what I’ve heard.

I thought most of the Flint water issues were resolved. Not from the area, just what I’ve heard.
Most issues were resolved. Most of the old lines have been replaced. For the last 2 years they've stated they're in the "final phase" of replacing the old lead service lines to residences.

The water filtration systems that Elon Musk said he would donate 4 years ago were finally put into operation this week in a dozen Flint schools; they had been handing out bottles of water to students for the last 6 years.

Purely based off stats and no knowledge of the facilities, I would do SMF, FNT, MLI, HWD/RHV, CPR, BFL, TRI in that order.

SMF is highly staffed, good success rate, very short training time, only 2 ahead of you. Could likely get out easily if you want.

FNT might seem undesirable because it's a 4, but they're highly staffed, good success rate, short training time, only 1 trainee ahead of you. Could potentially transfer out quick.

HWD and RHV are gonna be expensive but they also have good staffing, short training times, good success rates, and few trainees ahead of you so you could also potentially get out quick, but likely everyone there also wants out so it'll be a battle to get out.

CPR would suck being in the middle of nowhere Wyoming but they have good staffing, decent training time, good success rate, and only 1 trainee ahead of you. Could also potentially get out easily, but also likely everyone wants out so likely a battle to leave.

BFL and TRI I would not choose if you don't have to. While BFL has decent staffing and a kinda decent training time they have a ton of trainees that you're gonna have to fight for training time over. I would choose BFL over TRI if those are your only options. TRI is an absolute no go if you don't have to. Terrible staffing, terrible success rate, terrible training times, tons of trainees ahead of you. For reference, I went to a similarly staffed facility with more trainees than CPCs and it took me a year to even start training.
CPR is not all that bad. True you’re out in the middle of Wyoming but as someone from Dallas I’ve been surprised with how much I enjoy it. Especially if you like hiking/camping/biking/fly fishing this is a great place. Our one trainee is on approach so there would be no competition for training as everyone except our current trainee is an OJTI. Haven’t had a training failure in 5+ years and training time is around 15-20 months. You would be competing to get out as about half the facility has ERR’s. All in all CPR is not that bad.

Strong chance whoever gets FNT checks out by end of summer if they handle the traffic and the locality is high for a not expensive at all place to live. Essentially L5 pay with rest of US locality.
L4 pay actually, but you do get Detroit locality. If it hasn't dropped and the Academy class has any questions, the one FNT trainee that got here right when the summer traffic stopped, just message me.

But I would bet the person who does come to FNT will be checked out before the end of August.

Any info on MLI?
Lower success rate for a level 5 up down. That’s all I have. I knew a guy who worked there in 2015ish and said relations between union and management weren’t that bad but there’s nothing to do in the area. I’d probably avoid unless you’re from there

Lower success rate for a level 5 up down. That’s all I have. I knew a guy who worked there in 2015ish and said relations between union and management weren’t that bad but there’s nothing to do in the area. I’d probably avoid unless you’re from there
Everything you said is accurate. The cost of living is pretty cheap in the area. 2.5 hours from Chicago

It’s in Illinois
MLI Is a Great Place to work and live. Training program has picked up speed in the last three years. It is now taking about three months to get through the Tower and Three months to get through the approach control. The only wait is for RTF. The facility has it's own tower simulator. The facility itself is about to go through a major renovation next month. So that means a new breakroom and kitchen. The controllers and management get along for the most part.

As for the Area, It's known as the Quad Cities. Most controllers live on the Iowa side in Davenport/Bettendorf or Pleasant Valley as there is a lot more to do/More food Options/entertainment. There is minor league baseball and hockey. The commute across the river is only 10-15 minutes depending where in Iowa you live. The region has a population of 383,681 residents, per the most recent estimates. It's not like this place is out in the boonies... and Chicago isn't to far away if you get the itch for the city.

MLI Is a Great Place to work and live. Training program has picked up speed in the last three years. It is now taking about three months to get through the Tower and Three months to get through the approach control. The only wait is for RTF. The facility has it's own tower simulator. The facility itself is about to go through a major renovation next month. So that means a new breakroom and kitchen. The controllers and management get along for the most part.

As for the Area, It's known as the Quad Cities. Most controllers live on the Iowa side in Davenport/Bettendorf or Pleasant Valley as there is a lot more to do/More food Options/entertainment. There is minor league baseball and hockey. The commute across the river is only 10-15 minutes depending where in Iowa you live. The region has a population of 383,681 residents, per the most recent estimates. It's not like this place is out in the boonies... and Chicago isn't to far away if you get the itch for the city.
Great info. Please feel free to add to the wiki page!

Back
Top Bottom