Terminal Class pass rate

My class has our final PEs coming up very soon and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to expect, the difficulty compared to regular sims and what usually causes students to fail?

My class has our final PEs coming up very soon and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to expect, the difficulty compared to regular sims and what usually causes students to fail?
What's your list?

As far as advice, don't pay attention to you evaluator writing stuff down. Just look out the window and work. They write everything. Good, bad, callsigns, and times. Not everything they are writing is points off. My guy wrote almost two pages worth and I got a 97, so don't pay attention to that.

What's your list?

As far as advice, don't pay attention to you evaluator writing stuff down. Just look out the window and work. They write everything. Good, bad, callsigns, and times. Not everything they are writing is points off. My guy wrote almost two pages worth and I got a 97, so don't pay attention to that.
I don’t think they PA for another week or so.

Expect to work Scenario 8-11 level traffic. Nerves sink most people, but the problems are workable. You won’t see anything on the PA that you haven't seen in the sim. If you don’t know how to work that fast mover coming in from the east, I would work on that because you’ll probably see at least one. Under no circumstances do you send around a S+ or L on 28L… land him on someone if you have to. If not, you’ll get multiple 16 point hits for WT sep and any other separation issues you’ll have in the pattern. If departures call ready after the 25 minute mark, you shouldn’t get docked on it if they don’t depart... I would just hold them until the problem ends.

What's your list?

Ok thank you very much! We actually are starting TSS this week just finished tt and 3d. Felt very confident with my phraseology, procedures, timers, and traffic calls. I know it’s too early to be talking about pes but with 3 weeks left it’s all I’m thinking about. Just trying to add tools to my toolbox everyday to help avoid and get out of bad situations.

Ok thank you very much! We actually are starting TSS this week just finished tt and 3d. Felt very confident with my phraseology, procedures, timers, and traffic calls. I know it’s too early to be talking about pes but with 3 weeks left it’s all I’m thinking about. Just trying to add tools to my toolbox everyday to help avoid and get out of bad situations.
I thought you were a little further along. Try things in TSS to see what works and what doesn’t. Run things tight if you can to get comfortable with cutoff points especially with 16 departures. If you fireball someone in the scenarios, so what? At least you know that won’t work when you get to the Evals.

Just keep working when you mess up and chill. Evals are easier than your busy scenarios.

Oldie but a goodie:

I would avoid PAO but nothing else on the list seems terrible, but I haven’t done my research

PIA is losing their radar soon, so if you want radar be advised of that, but you might be able to cpc on just tower if it goes soon, quickly, Im unsure of the timeline

I would avoid PAO but nothing else on the list seems terrible, but I haven’t done my research

PIA is losing their radar soon, so if you want radar be advised of that, but you might be able to cpc on just tower if it goes soon, quickly, Im unsure of the timeline
Who in the eff do you think you are??? I have a great idea. Why don’t you come out to PAO and show your face? The men and women of PAO are amazing folks and don’t deserve you talking crap about them. They work extremely hard and it’s a fun ass place to work so again don’t take this the wrong way but GFY!!

Did you work at PAO in the past? What makes it so bad?

Who in the eff do you think you are??? I have a great idea. Why don’t you come out to PAO and show your face? The men and women of PAO are amazing folks and don’t deserve you talking crap about them. They work extremely hard and it’s a fun ass place to work so again don’t take this the wrong way but GFY!!
We need to find you a safe space.

Back
Top Bottom