Terminal Class pass rate

STL is a level 7 now. They were downgraded last month.
Definitely #1 on the list but STL is a 7 now. They recently got downgraded, hence why it’s on an academy list.
That's cool and all but I'm pretty sure if you certify within 2 years of the downgrade, you keep that 8 pay. Idk where the source on that is but I'm sure someone can help me out.

You have to already be at the facility when the downgrade happens to qualify for that. Now that’s officially a 7, any new person is at the 7 band.
Oof. Level 7 pay is still good though!
season 1 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

That's cool and all but I'm pretty sure if you certify within 2 years of the downgrade, you keep that 8 pay. Idk where the source on that is but I'm sure someone can help me out.
This is true, but only if you were already at that facility, or if your transfer was approved prior to the effective date.

Slate Book Article 108 Section 11 said:
a. ATC Facility Pay Level Retention: Employees assigned to the facility on the effective date and transfers whose selection has been approved at the Service Area level on or before the effective date of the level decrease shall retain the previous higher level CPC pay band for two (2) years from the effective date of the decrease. Transfers whose selection was approved at the Service Area level after the effective date and new hires assigned to the facility after the effective date shall be paid in accordance with the newly applicable pay band.

Nothing there mentions certification specifically, but you gotta imagine that if you aren't certified, the referenced "higher level CPC pay band" doesn't apply to you.

I do wonder how it works for someone who was a new hire (AG or prior exp) assigned to the facility on the effective date, because it only mentions the CPC pay band, not any of the DEV pay bands—unlike Section 10 which does have specific paragraphs for CPCs, CPC-ITs, and DEVs.

Nothing there mentions certification specifically, but you gotta imagine that if you aren't certified, the referenced "higher level CPC pay band" doesn't apply to you.

I do wonder how it works for someone who was a new hire (AG or prior exp) assigned to the facility on the effective date, because it only mentions the CPC pay band, not any of the DEV pay bands—unlike Section 10 which does have specific paragraphs for CPCs, CPC-ITs, and DEVs.
Speaking from experience with a grievance that stretched out for over 6 months and multiple phone calls/conference calls with NATCA officials up to and including Santa Claus himself, their position is to agree with whatever FAA HR says even if it directly goes against the contract. So the better clarification is how the regional HR office that processes the paperwork thinks it works.

POC CPC here, same offer applies. Great place to work, only one guy (of 10) has paperwork out, total CPC number is 11. One person in training, on LC. We can't release right now because we're below 85%, but as soon as our LC trainee is done (CPC-IT transfer) we're eligible to release again. Tends to be an easy place to leave. Good place to come and get your initial CPC certification and move on, if that's what you want to do. 10% CIP. Nice neighborhoods around the airport, well maybe except for south Pomona. Greater Los Angeles area bedroom community suburbia. Average 300 ops a day for traffic, 4 flight schools onfield, tons from the neighboring GA fields. No air carriers.

We tend to be staffed, so it's not always available for AAC people. Had multiple instances in my years here of having no one in training, for months at a time, which is a bit different from my friends at neighboring facilities where training is a neverending grind. In the past we've had 7 of 11 CPC lines on 4-10s, one each set of RDOs, then 4 lines of 8s. Also had full hour flexes, it'd be nice to get back to that. Anyway, definitely not the worst.

POC CPC here, same offer applies. Great place to work, only one guy (of 10) has paperwork out, total CPC number is 11. One person in training, on LC. We can't release right now because we're below 85%, but as soon as our LC trainee is done (CPC-IT transfer) we're eligible to release again. Tends to be an easy place to leave. Good place to come and get your initial CPC certification and move on, if that's what you want to do. 10% CIP. Nice neighborhoods around the airport, well maybe except for south Pomona. Greater Los Angeles area bedroom community suburbia. Average 300 ops a day for traffic, 4 flight schools onfield, tons from the neighboring GA fields. No air carriers.

We tend to be staffed, so it's not always available for AAC people. Had multiple instances in my years here of having no one in training, for months at a time, which is a bit different from my friends at neighboring facilities where training is a neverending grind. In the past we've had 7 of 11 CPC lines on 4-10s, one each set of RDOs, then 4 lines of 8s. Also had full hour flexes, it'd be nice to get back to that. Anyway, definitely not the worst.
For some reason it gets a lot of blowback but 4-10s is an elite schedule. Some people don’t like working 10 hour days but I’d much prefer that in exchange for 3 days off.

Back
Top Bottom