Terminal Class pass rate

20 on local to a 93 on local? What was up with that?

I got a 33 first local and a 68 on my second, 100 on both grounds, but passed by the skin of my teeth. Another guy in my class got a 32 first run and a 76 the second to pass also by the skin of his teeth. It's just what happens sometimes.

I got a 33 first local and a 68 on my second, 100 on both grounds, but passed by the skin of my teeth. Another guy in my class got a 32 first run and a 76 the second to pass also by the skin of his teeth. It's just what happens sometimes.

What did you lose points on?

What did you lose points on?
Stupid little things. Mainly calling a king air by the wrong call sign like 11 times. One PA problem is a departure push and the other is more guys in the pattern and working them in sequence with other inbounds. I screwed up my departure push with that king air. Only had one separation error, but the little stuff adds up stupid fast.

Stupid little things. Mainly calling a king air by the wrong call sign like 11 times. One PA problem is a departure push and the other is more guys in the pattern and working them in sequence with other inbounds. I screwed up my departure push with that king air. Only had one separation error, but the little stuff adds up stupid fast.
Can't stress this enough. 2 of the three people in my class that failed didn't even have a single deal on either LC problem. Pay attention to the details!

If anyone on here is thinking about POU, shoot me a message. I graduated the academy October '17 and just Certified last week here.

Does anyone know the next three graduating class dates after July 2nd? FLO might be on the list after the 7/2 class

Last edited:
Does anyone know the next three graduating class dates after July 2nd? FLO might be on the list after the 7/2 class
If they get their list after this week then the priority could look drastically different because the 2015 training data is getting inserted.

If they get their list after this week then the priority could look drastically different because the 2015 training data is getting inserted.

Does the same go for enroute? We started looking at the enroute list but we were advised that something big was happening at the end of the month that would shake it up. We don’t know what that is though.

They are adding the 2015 training success rates. Depending upon how many people certified or washed out the numbers will all change both locally and nationally

How would this impact a priority list though? I know ZOA is hovering around ~58% while other facilities like ZTL are closer to 90%. Is it more likely that facility with a higher washout rate will show up on the list vs a facility with lower washout rates?

How would this impact a priority list though? I know ZOA is hovering around ~58% while other facilities like ZTL are closer to 90%. Is it more likely that facility with a higher washout rate will show up on the list vs a facility with lower washout rates?
The projected percentage (column X of the PPT) for these facilities is the highest deciding factor in determining the Terminal and Enroute Placement lists. Each current trainee is multiplied by the training success rate. If the 2015 data causes your training success rate to go down, you will 'need' more trainees to fill the projection. If you training success rate goes up, you will 'need' less trainees. If you're bored, you can adjust the training success rates on the PPT and see how that effects column Y and column Z. The terminal and enroute placement lists are updating continually to reflect it. I don't expect any monumental changes with enroute facilities due to the volume, but some terminal facilities will vary wildly.

Back
Top Bottom