Terminal Class pass rate

Tower class last week passed 7 out of 16.
They also did PAs on the holiday.
Tetra class starts their PAs later this week...anyone wanting to bet that the pass rate won't be 100%?

Tetra class starts their PAs later this week...anyone wanting to bet that the pass rate won't be 100%?

Any idea where they are headed? My facility was on their list I believe

How many of the classes that have completed TETRA were from the OTS N90 bid.

If I had to guess the pass rate for TETRA then will take a dive.
Pass rate will drop once the full-time Academy TETRA evaluators get certified and have experience grading a couple classes.
They currently bring in supervisors from other TRACONs to grade.

18/18 passed tetra today, 9 OTS and 9 prior. Even with full time tetra evaluators, it's still easy to pass tetra. You can't really compare tetra with tower and enroute, different grading system and almost 3 months of sims.

I would be curious to know what the final overall score for each individual was for the recent TETRA class. But I am sure the powers at be will be looking at it. Passing with a minimum of 70, yes can be easy if one puts the effort into training everyday. But if the bar was raised to 80 or 90....then you would see the filtration system that appears to be desired by some. I am happy to hear the whole passed class. One who I keep in touch with scored 100 across the board, which is no easy task.

18/18 passed tetra today, 9 OTS and 9 prior. Even with full time tetra evaluators, it's still easy to pass tetra. You can't really compare tetra with tower and enroute, different grading system and almost 3 months of sims.

This time around they had TETRA instructors do the evals?

They've been using the same core group of evaluators for Tetra, but they're still supervisors from other tracons as their actual job.
This last tetra class had the vast majority of scores above a 90. No one scored below an 80 and only a few were below a 90.

Tower class finished up today. Initially had 15 students, partway through one of them was pushed back to the next class.
So 14 went into PAs, passed 8.

Back
Top Bottom