Terminal Class pass rate

Any small facility with that low of a success rate has a culture issue. Change my mind.

the only exceptions are the super busy VFR towers

What about a facility which had a terrible culture and low success rate and turned it around.

Now maybe they are an ok facility, but because of the prior stigma they receive only the worst grads from the academy and no one checks out.

Now this is keeping the success rate low, even though the culture has changed.

Then the culture becomes worse again because NCEPT won’t let them release anyone and they all become bitter.

cycle of doom.

Any small facility with that low of a success rate has a culture issue. Change my mind.

the only exceptions are the super busy VFR towers
Level 6 up down takes longer to certify than RDU level 9 up down that’s adjoining airspace. Wtf

probably a certify when you see traffic that we used to see.

Idk if that’s a norm anymore with the new “Everyday is a training day 4 hours a day on the most mundane low complexity traffic” NATCA thing. I think it’s suspended for now but it’s sure to come back

Level 6 up down takes longer to certify than RDU level 9 up down that’s adjoining airspace. Wtf

9 up/downs usually don’t train a ton of new hires

Idk if that’s a norm anymore with the new “Everyday is a training day 4 hours a day on the most mundane low complexity traffic” NATCA thing. I think it’s suspended for now but it’s sure to come back
The National Training Initiative generated a significant net positive at scale for NAS staffing and will likely return.

9 up/downs usually don’t train a ton of new hires

The National Training Initiative generated a significant net positive at scale for NAS staffing and will likely return.
I was informed it would be back in June. Trainees are back and traffic returns to normal levels, May as well resume normal training too.

Does anyone know how much time they give you to get from the academy to your facility?
I got 10 days change of station leave above the travel days about 5 years ago. I also took an additional 2 weeks of leave without pay so I ended up having a month off. Most facilities won’t care if you do this since you will prolly not start training right away anyway.

Back
Top Bottom