Terminal Class pass rate

Does anyone know how much time they give you to get from the academy to your facility?
If you choose to fly (either to home of record or to duty station), you get 1 travel day regardless of the location of your duty station.

If you choose to drive, you get the amount of travel days as allotted to your receiving facility. Generally speaking, you receive one travel day for 8 hours of driving between MMAC and the receiving facility determined by a mapping service like Google (ie. 9 hours would be two travel days). You will receive a lump sum travel per diem voucher equal to the comparable cost of a plane ticket to your duty station.

You also receive an additional 8 days of Change of Station Leave which may be used to supplement additional travel/moving leave as needed which remains valid 2 years from your placement date.

On placement day, you will contact your receiving ATM to discuss using COS leave if needed and determine when your first day will be at the facility.

Although the day after placement day is considered your travel day, you are normally finished by 2pm or so and free to leave at that time to begin your travel of choice.

If you choose to fly (either to home of record or to duty station), you get 1 travel day regardless of the location of your duty station.

If you choose to drive, you get the amount of travel days as allotted to your receiving facility. Generally speaking, you receive one travel day for 8 hours of driving between MMAC and the receiving facility determined by a mapping service like Google (ie. 9 hours would be two travel days). You will receive a lump sum travel per diem voucher equal to the comparable cost of a plane ticket to your duty station.

You also receive an additional 8 days of Change of Station Leave which may be used to supplement additional travel/moving leave as needed which remains valid 2 years from your placement date.

On placement day, you will contact your receiving ATM to discuss using COS leave if needed and determine when your first day will be at the facility.

Although the day after placement day is considered your travel day, you are normally finished by 2pm or so and free to leave at that time to begin your travel of choice.
Very informative. Thanks

You get however many travel days your facility gets (which you can see on the facility pages here) plus 8 days of change of station leave
Damn so we have a little over 8 days to get somewhere and find permanent housing?

do we get housing per diem while we looking for permanent housing?

Damn so we have a little over 8 days to get somewhere and find permanent housing?

do we get housing per diem while we looking for permanent housing?
Correct.

You do not receive additional housing per diem once you leave OKC. I had to spend 3 or 4 days in a hotel until I was able to find housing.

Rough, but this is worth it. Hopefully I can rack up enough points at OKC for a few free nights wherever I end up
(not financial advice) but I used points already accrued through my regular reward cards to help offset the costs. Both Chase and Amex have decent programs for travel that can help. I know other people that have gone the hotel credit card route too, but YMMV. I stayed at Anatole so I didn't really earn any additional points from that.

For the OG poster where does it say you only get 1 day if you fly
I'm not sure that it's written down anywhere publicly, but that's how it is. Placement will provide you with a calendar that will show you your allotted travel days (whether driving or flying), RDO's, and the COS leave days you coordinated with your ATM prior to you leaving the academy on placement day.

Once travel is booked through SATO, you provide the Travel Office with the airline confirmation number so they can input it into the voucher system.
That's the way they did it for us a couple years ago. I just told them I was driving and bought a cheap ticket on frontier back home to get my car.
I'm not sure that would work now since all airfare is booked exclusively through SATO. They likely wouldn't reimburse that cost anymore if not done through the appropriate channel.

I'm not sure that it's written down anywhere publicly, but that's how it is. Placement will provide you with a calendar that will show you your allotted travel days (whether driving or flying), RDO's, and the COS leave days you coordinated with your ATM prior to you leaving the academy on placement day.

Once travel is booked through SATO, you provide the Travel Office with the airline confirmation number so they can input it into the voucher system.

I'm not sure that would work now since all airfare is booked exclusively through SATO. They likely wouldn't reimburse that cost anymore if not done through the appropriate channel.
I think what hes saying is he bought a ticket with his own money home to get more travel days.

It’s not really fraud. They just ask you if you need a plane ticket. Plus they only pay mileage up to the price of a plane ticket
The rate they pay for plane tickets is always higher than what you can find on your own. Also you’re getting extra time off by saying you’re driving then not doing that. You probably wouldn’t get charged if they found out but it’s technically fraud and you’d definitely get fired. I don’t blame him at all but I just wouldn’t tell the internet I did it lol.

The rate they pay for plane tickets is always higher than what you can find on your own. Also you’re getting extra time off by saying you’re driving then not doing that. You probably wouldn’t get charged if they found out but it’s technically fraud and you’d definitely get fired. I don’t blame him at all but I just wouldn’t tell the internet I did it lol.
There’s nothing you sign saying that if you don’t get a plane ticket bought you have to drive. I personally had to return a car to a different state. Then I flew to the fac from there 2 days later. My scenario wasn’t even an option

There’s nothing you sign saying that if you don’t get a plane ticket bought you have to drive. I personally had to return a car to a different state. Then I flew to the fac from there 2 days later. My scenario wasn’t even an option
Why does it matter? If I put myself on the desk and then go take a break I’m stealing time from the government/falsifying records. I never signed anything that says I wouldn’t specifically do that, it’s still wrong lol. You’re intentionally misrepresenting yourself and gaining because of it.

Why does it matter? If I put myself on the desk and then go take a break I’m stealing time from the government/falsifying records. I never signed anything that says I wouldn’t specifically do that, it’s still wrong lol. You’re intentionally misrepresenting yourself and gaining because of it.
Anyway mods please move to the bullshit thread sorry for the shitposting

Back
Top Bottom