Terminal Class pass rate

Idk the culture there, but just based off numbers I'd go EMT. Quick checkout time and high success rate. Yeah it'll suck living in California on level 5 pay but you could probably ERR out in less than a year. But definitely go with the highest staffed and least amount of trainees place you can bear. I went to a place with 11 CPCs and 12 trainees like an idiot in February and I still havent started training and probably wont till late winter/ early spring

you could probably ERR out in less than a year.
rick-and-morty-20-minute-adventure.jpg

What are the downsides to STT? I wouldn't mind the island life myself.
Live on neighboring STX currently. Island life is cool until it isn’t. The “isn’t” part comes only a month or two into your stay. Home prices are sky high unless you want to live inner island, if you live inner island, you run the risk of getting killed or at best case robbed. Don’t live inner island. Seriously, the USVI’s were the number one ranked city/territory last year in homicides per capita in the US. We beat Chicago ??‍♂️ I prefer STT to STX but it’s only by comparison, still shit. 1 gig internet service costs about $600 a month (and it’s not even true 1gig). At least for STX, unless you pay hundreds for a legitimate tv service, you don’t get local channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, etc) on streaming platforms. YouTubeTV as well as many other streaming services etc do not work because despite living in a U.S. territory, it still tells you “we’re sorry but this service is only approved for the US or it’s territories.” So make sense out of that. The food can either hit or miss depending on what you like. On St. Croix, I have a couple spots I really like but outside of that, it’s quite shit. Sometimes you just want Taco Bell ya know? It’s probably a little better for STT but skilled labor … QUALITY skilled labor is nearly impossible to find. This means build times for homes often range somewhere between 3-5 years. Amazon ships here, but you pay for shipping. Also, not everything on Amazon ships. I obviously don’t know anything about you, where you’re from, your background, whatever, but the “locals” are extremely … how do I say this… intolerant of us “colonizers.” (Read: want us gov assistance but want nothing to do with the us) Ummm… facility is a walk in the park. If you can’t get checked out working 100 planes a day then quite honesty idk what to tell you. It’s 95% twin Cessnas, like 3-4 shorts, a couple Saabs, and maybe a handful of airliners. Oh and one diamond who always wants to beat up the pattern, same with N2410U. I’ve worked at one of the busiest flight training airports in the country and I’d rather go back working those guys vs this one, single c172. Anyways, there’s a little insight. Don’t let it seem like I’m disgruntled or anything ? OH! So there is at least one benefit. If you manage to scoop up a piece of property that has good bones but need a little renovation, take the chance. Property values are going through the roof right now. My neighborhood has increased its median price by about 20% year over year for the last 3 years. That’s not to include renovations I’m doing myself. When I go to sell in a few months, I stand to make nearly 7 figures in profits alone. That’s off maybe 100-150k invested. Just gotta be smart in what you’re looking for and who you’re planning on selling it to down the road.

Live on neighboring STX currently. Island life is cool until it isn’t. The “isn’t” part comes only a month or two into your stay. Home prices are sky high unless you want to live inner island, if you live inner island, you run the risk of getting killed or at best case robbed. Don’t live inner island. Seriously, the USVI’s were the number one ranked city/territory last year in homicides per capita in the US. We beat Chicago ??‍♂️ I prefer STT to STX but it’s only by comparison, still shit. 1 gig internet service costs about $600 a month (and it’s not even true 1gig). At least for STX, unless you pay hundreds for a legitimate tv service, you don’t get local channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, etc) on streaming platforms. YouTubeTV as well as many other streaming services etc do not work because despite living in a U.S. territory, it still tells you “we’re sorry but this service is only approved for the US or it’s territories.” So make sense out of that. The food can either hit or miss depending on what you like. On St. Croix, I have a couple spots I really like but outside of that, it’s quite shit. Sometimes you just want Taco Bell ya know? It’s probably a little better for STT but skilled labor … QUALITY skilled labor is nearly impossible to find. This means build times for homes often range somewhere between 3-5 years. Amazon ships here, but you pay for shipping. Also, not everything on Amazon ships. I obviously don’t know anything about you, where you’re from, your background, whatever, but the “locals” are extremely … how do I say this… intolerant of us “colonizers.” (Read: want us gov assistance but want nothing to do with the us) Ummm… facility is a walk in the park. If you can’t get checked out working 100 planes a day then quite honesty idk what to tell you. It’s 95% twin Cessnas, like 3-4 shorts, a couple Saabs, and maybe a handful of airliners. Oh and one diamond who always wants to beat up the pattern, same with N2410U. I’ve worked at one of the busiest flight training airports in the country and I’d rather go back working those guys vs this one, single c172. Anyways, there’s a little insight. Don’t let it seem like I’m disgruntled or anything ? OH! So there is at least one benefit. If you manage to scoop up a piece of property that has good bones but need a little renovation, take the chance. Property values are going through the roof right now. My neighborhood has increased its median price by about 20% year over year for the last 3 years. That’s not to include renovations I’m doing myself. When I go to sell in a few months, I stand to make nearly 7 figures in profits alone. That’s off maybe 100-150k invested. Just gotta be smart in what you’re looking for and who you’re planning on selling it to down the road.
seems like a simple VPN could solve the streaming issue. property costs could definitely be an issue if I want to avoid shadier parts of town. I can definitely live without the modern luxuries personally. It would definitely be an adventure.

seems like a simple VPN could solve the streaming issue. property costs could definitely be an issue if I want to avoid shadier parts of town. I can definitely live without the modern luxuries personally. It would definitely be an adventure.
A VPN might work but I’ve also run across the issue of “this service cannot be used with a VPN” type shit. It’s hit or miss. As for the amenities… mannnn I said the same thing ya know? Everyone is different, I can’t deny that. But after two years on the island, I’m about to do a complete 180 and move to Houston; partially because that’s where my business partner + investors live, part because I have to fully immerse myself in civilization after living here lol

Oh, and you drive on the left down here. Which isn’t a huge deal but certainly something you’d like to know before moving ?

Back
Top Bottom