Terminal Class pass rate

Hi, all. Could anyone who's been through the more recent classes (from what I understand- the current pass/fail ones are a fairly recent development) please give me their thoughts on how much Basics and general head knowledge factor into success with Tower training across the street? Obviously, it's best to try as hard as one can, every step of the way... but I'd read other forum posts from Academy grads who claim they'd barely passed the academic bits but were great at separating planes. Is this common? Or would memorizing the .65/AIM/etc. be the best thing one could do to prep post-Basics?
You should go read the post Covid 19 academy thread. Lol.

You should go read the post Covid 19 academy thread. Lol.
Ah, I was looking for one, but only noticed one for Virtual Basics (not so much across the street) and a couple dozen smaller threads for individual classes. I'll go post in the Virtual Basics one, if that's where this belongs!

Ah, I was looking for one, but only noticed one for Virtual Basics (not so much across the street) and a couple dozen smaller threads for individual classes. I'll go post in the Virtual Basics one, if that's where this belongs!

?

4acsmi.jpg

Hi, all. Could anyone who's been through the more recent classes (from what I understand- the current pass/fail ones are a fairly recent development) please give me their thoughts on how much Basics and general head knowledge factor into success with Tower training across the street? Obviously, it's best to try as hard as one can, every step of the way... but I'd read other forum posts from Academy grads who claim they'd barely passed the academic bits but were great at separating planes. Is this common? Or would memorizing the .65/AIM/etc. be the best thing one could do to prep post-Basics?
I’m am not tower but am currently at the academy. Basics really has nothing to do with performance across the street. There are things you will need to memorize but its just for starters. It comes down to how well you can apply rules in dynamic situations. I have been told Terminal can be pretty easy most people fail due to nerves.

I’m am not tower but am currently at the academy. Basics really has nothing to do with performance across the street. There are things you will need to memorize but its just for starters. It comes down to how well you can apply rules in dynamic situations. I have been told Terminal can be pretty easy most people fail due to nerves.
Wow, that kinda blows my mind, since there's so much info to cram in Basics. Thanks for weighing in!

Wow, that kinda blows my mind, since there's so much info to cram in Basics. Thanks for weighing in!
There will likely be information overload but in a different way. Basics only requires you to know a little about a lot. Across the street you have to know a lot about a little. Also keep in mind not everyone has it. It’s not only about being smart or working hard. Its not hard or easy. It’s challenging.

Anyone know what the terminal pass rates have been like these past couple months? Seems like the site keeps up to date on the enroute pass rates, but I haven't seen nearly anything about the terminal classes.

Anyone know what the terminal pass rates have been like these past couple months? Seems like the site keeps up to date on the enroute pass rates, but I haven't seen nearly anything about the terminal classes.
The three classes that finished before Sep 5 were:
7/8
7/7
7/9

Haven't seen anything since

Back
Top Bottom