The upcoming stacked leave apocalypse

I get it, believe me, I do. But eventually we have to find a way to keep people coming down the certification path or eventually we will have no controllers certified.Keeping trainees at home for the next 5 years while traffic comes back slowly isn’t sustainable whatsoever on any level.

yall are getting mad at the wrong people. NATCA, even the FAA, CPC’s, isn’t who you should be mad at. All the jackasses wandering around without masks, going to Covid parties, treating this like it’s a “hoax”, etc, those are the people you should be getting mad at cause those are the people that are dragging this out and going to make a lot of this country go back into lockdown.

yall are getting mad at the wrong people. NATCA, even the FAA, CPC’s, isn’t who you should be mad at. All the jackasses wandering around without masks, going to Covid parties, treating this like it’s a “hoax”, etc, those are the people you should be getting mad at cause those are the people that are dragging this out and going to make a lot of this country go back into lockdown.

I don’t entirely disagree. And even if I did disagree I would never disagree with an N90 CPC.

this site is so much better when you stop letting them get yer ZJX goat ? . some people are so absurd the only option is block.
it takes a lot for ME (who has a lot of haters here) to take such an extreme. its very worth it. a few of these ppl are so aggravating and sophomoric that its not even fun to banter back and forth and play their game. free yo selves!

#bestjobinTheWorld ?

giphy.gif
I remember this ZJX ? you speak of ?

so here’s a hypothetical Situation.

You have just enough bodies to pull off the 5on / 10off schedule. But to do it, you have to lose some annual, as in if anyone takes their accrued leave it’s back to 5/5 or normal. Maybe you would lose all above 240 hours this year? Would you do it? For a lot of people it won’t be an issue since they didn’t carry over very much or perhaps they don’t earn8 a pay period.

me personally, I’d rather lose the 80 hours in my use or lose and keep the 5/10.

Oh and as for the people chomping at the bit to train. I get it they want cash and to be a magical CPC with all its benefits. But I also think some people are chomping at the bit to train because this is their sure chance to checkout when the traffic is down and it may be their one chance at success in some cases.

Those NCEPT transfer success rates are gonna look great now!
We started 5/10 and honored bid leave. Went to 5/5 because of traffic increase but started giving spot leave. Now we’re on 5/2 because we couldn’t support traffic increase and bid/spot leave. They say we still might go back to 5/5 if traffic goes down. I’d personally give up 80 hours to support 5/5 for the rest of the year. Provided we bring back the trainees...

It was pretty mentally taxing going into work at the epicenter of a pandemic back in March/April. Had pretty much resigned myself to getting it. Fortunately, due to social distancing measures such as limiting the amount of people in the building and the general populace as a whole here generally abiding by mask use, stay at home orders, etc that didn’t happen.

but those of y’all at a Z or bigger terminal facility, what are y’all expecting to train on anyway? There’s no traffic to train on at most places.
Lab traffic doesn’t change. My Z is slower than a normal summer and busier than a normal winter rn

Lab traffic doesn’t change. My Z is slower than a normal summer and busier than a normal winter rn

what? Sorry, I can’t believe this. I’m looking ATADS data and it doesn’t appear to be true.

ZAN is close sometimes, but even then nope. We have had a few busy days here and there, but they are outliers not the norm.

Where are you getting your data from?

sorry. That is a pretty lame. I get it, you want to train and all and there may be a reasonable session worth training occasionally out there, but don’t bullshit. It doesn’t further your cause.
It’s irrelevant anyways. Is the union position really going to be to Yeet all the trainees every time there is a traffic downturn?

It’s irrelevant anyways. Is the union position really going to be to Yeet all the trainees every time there is a traffic downturn?

I don’t know. However it’s not irrelevant. You made an inaccurate statement about traffic being back. I showed you the site with the data that proves it is not. Now you deflect.

I hope that’s not how you operate when you do get to train again. I was going to turn him; I was going to point him out, etcetera. Just admit you were wrong and move on from it. It makes you a better trainee and a person.

If I did disagree I would never disagree with an N90 CPC.

I will on your behalf brother!

N90 silver Spooner scammers are the last people on earth I want patronizing the lesser other 320 facilities on different pay scales w different rules. Not good to worship false gods. Being an apostate to that cult is healthy.

As flies to wanton boys are we to the (phony) gods; they kill us for their sport.

This was the count over 4th of July weekend. Take the numbers how you want, it’s all a matter of perception. Traffic count isn’t anything to write home about in my opinion. Working combined sectors and it being “red” sectors is why people probably feel it’s busy. And reduced crews creating more TOP is another factor. The think it gives perspective on how easy we actually had it to begin with.

....and you guys are going back to normal schedules. ZDV Is the epitome of success.

What will TMU have to do there when they don’t have to radio down that the sector is going red anymore? mnsalty, they will be the first to be furloughed.
Yeah I’m not sure what projections they’re using to keep saying our scheduled traffic is gonna hit 85-90 percent of normal ops. The skeptic in me says they want 5-6 sectors open no matter the traffic count. The age old argument of you can work 25 planes in one sector but heaven forbid you do that in 2 sectors.

Yeah I’m not sure what projections they’re using to keep saying our scheduled traffic is gonna hit 85-90 percent of normal ops. The skeptic in me says they want 5-6 sectors open no matter the traffic count. The age old argument of you can work 25 planes in one sector but heaven forbid you do that in 2 sectors.
Southwest is running the closest to a normal schedule

Back
Top Bottom