Types of posters on this site:

tylertrend dude a spot just opened up in RNO, great place to start your tower career. Bunch of weird ass planes, easy checkout, and Nevada is super loose on gun laws and hookers. Just saying, if it's on your list, if you pass the academy...that's all...

TMU/TMC people: People who have gotten to the highest level of not doing any work or current controllers aspiring to do less asking about the job. Often justify their existence by pretending that other controllers really don’t know what they do, and complain how controllers should fix their mistakes and bad releases by working harder. The easiest non working job without being management... Shuffle the list!

TMU/TMC people: People who have gotten to the highest level of not doing any work or current controllers aspiring to do less asking about the job. Often justify their existence by pretending that other controllers really don’t know what they do, and complain how controllers should fix their mistakes and bad releases by working harder. The easiest non working job without being management... Shuffle the list!

My favorite line from TMU at my former facility. “Hey, I forgot to put restrictions on [fix] so you’re going to be pretty busy for a while” *walks away*

My favorite line from TMU at my former facility. “Hey, I forgot to put restrictions on [fix] so you’re going to be pretty busy for a while” *walks away*

literally 10 min ago. Guy asks for his release, CD calls ZNY TMU to make sure it’s good, TMU says good, guy departs, center says no we’re not taking him.

literally 10 min ago. Guy asks for his release, CD calls ZNY TMU to make sure it’s good, TMU says good, guy departs, center says no we’re not taking him.
Fucking pointless. If I ever asked TMU for a route somewhere, I’d call the first sector of whatever Z would work it and ask them what they thought. 50/50 it was a route that made sense.

Yeah best part is when center would call us and be like "RBV is released" and then I'd roll RBV and departure would come deep inside my ear and be like WHAT THE FUCK DUDE and then the N90 desk would call the back and yell at us for releasing RBV. The lack of communication in ZNY and underlying facilities is a fucking shitshow.

Yeah best part is when center would call us and be like "RBV is released" and then I'd roll RBV and departure would come deep inside my ear and be like WHAT THE FUCK DUDE and then the N90 desk would call the back and yell at us for releasing RBV. The lack of communication in ZNY and underlying facilities is a fucking shitshow.
That’s your fault for trusting center TMU

Fucking pointless. If I ever asked TMU for a route somewhere, I’d call the first sector of whatever Z would work it and ask them what they thought. 50/50 it was a route that made sense.

it’s cause we are in SWAP so any departure coming from an uncontrolled field we have to ok the route with them first. And ZNY TMU is staffed with a bunch of trainees who have Never worked a position or talked to a plane in their life but were given TMU certs so they can get D2 and afford to live while they wait for their turn to train.

and my area doesn’t have any lines going to the departure sectors of ZNY, only the ones that feed us. All our high altitude departures talk to a different N90 area before they go to center so we have no easy way of directly coordinating before he gets airborne.

Clearly you guys don’t see the bigger picture. It’s a very dynamic and fluid situation.

Last edited:
Pushingtin. Do the people that have never had a real job.
I didn't see him do it so I'll chime in

People who never had a real job:
I was an rpo at a tracon so I already knew the airspace. Combine that with mowing lawns once a week since I was 16, I nailed the 4 year work and college requirement. Luckily I'm still in the same place I grew up, but you trainees that got randomly stuck here just need to tough it out. I haven't traveled much or had a job outside of RPOing and mowing lawns. I would never try to have empathy or open my worldview, at all. Suck it up snowflake. I really do feel marginalized but I've got my ar15s and I know trump is going to win again. Some things are just more important than my paycheck or work contract-furloughs were all the Dems fault.

Last edited:
I didn't see him do it so I'll chime in

People who never had a real job:
I was an rpo at a tracon so I already knew the airspace and combined with my mowing lawns once a week since I was 16-i nailed the 4 year work and college requirement. Luckily I'm still in the same place I grew up, but you just need to tough it out. I haven't traveled much or had a job outside of what my uncle got me here, and I would never try to have empathy or open my worldview. Suck it up snowflake. I really do feel marginalized but I've got my ar15s and I know trump is going to win again. Some things are just more important than my paycheck or work contract-furloughs were all the Dems fault.

This was almost unreadable, yet it still hit the nail on the head.

tylertrend dude a spot just opened up in RNO, great place to start your tower career. Bunch of weird ass planes, easy checkout, and Nevada is super loose on gun laws and hookers. Just saying, if it's on your list, if you pass the academy...that's all...
Wow this is kinda freaky that somehow you know exactly what I like in life.. weird planes, guns and hookers?. Nailed it

Back
Top Bottom