What's the deal with SWAPS?

Update on the Swap situation. ATM reached out and got this answer -
"The mutual swap request from _________ and ________ was not approved at the last NCEPT meeting on 9/30/19. Per NCEPT/ERR SOP Section 4.1.1, “The facilities involved in a mutual reassignment transfer request must meet the
minimum requirement of the National Release Policy for consideration.” The NCEPT PPT shows that ZSE is red or does not meet Category 1 or 2."

So I guess both facilities need to be able to release for swaps to be approved.

This has been standard since ncept and the national release policy came about.

Question about SWAPs. Figured I’d post here instead of a new thread. If two people swap and one person withdraws from training, are they eligible for fast track?

So the employees aren't eligible for pcs funds in a swap. So that means if I'm going to a higher level facility, there's no raise, I keep my lower level pay and the new locality?

So the employees aren't eligible for pcs funds in a swap. So that means if I'm going to a higher level facility, there's no raise, I keep my lower level pay and the new locality?
You get a raise going to a higher level unless you are already within their pay band.

Edit to add that your raise will only be to the bottom of the band. So if the band is 100k and you are 99k at the new locality you will get a 1k raise upon certification (no half on the go like an ERR).

With an ERR in the case above you would get a 6% raise and end up above the bottom of the band by 5k ish.

Last edited:
Can Devs swap? Would anyone in the agency really give a shit if we decide to rearrange ourselves during all this downtime? Gotta imagine that there would be a handful of win win scenarios amongst us.
That would be nice. Id be all about swapping to try to get closer to home. My post academy facility doesn’t even think I’d need to relocate until sometime 2021 so I haven’t even moved yet.

I read Article 42. Section 8 talks about notify your facility management ( assume ATM ). What happens after that? Does the notification goes to HR?
Anyone else can explain how to start the swap process please? And yes, I read that NCEPT still will probably denied it but I would like the information anyway. Thank you to anyone who could help me.

I read Article 42. Section 8 talks about notify your facility management ( assume ATM ). What happens after that? Does the notification goes to HR?
Anyone else can explain how to start the swap process please? And yes, I read that NCEPT still will probably denied it but I would like the information anyway. Thank you to anyone who could help me.
Write a letter to your ATM stating your intent to swap with so and so at XYZ facility and requested dates. There is a template here to follow. The atm sends it on to HR and it’s out of your hands. Just make sure the ATM sends it up the chain.

Write a letter to your ATM stating your intent to swap with so and so at XYZ facility and requested dates. There is a template here to follow. The atm sends it on to HR and it’s out of your hands. Just make sure the ATM sends it up the chain.
Thank you

Maybe my understanding is wrong, but isn't there 0 point in doing a swap? Because it's done last so if they could have selected both parties they would just have done it anyways through the NCEPT process?

Maybe my understanding is wrong, but isn't there 0 point in doing a swap? Because it's done last so if they could have selected both parties they would just have done it anyways through the NCEPT process?
Your understanding is wrong.

Some people don’t ERR and swap instead. Mutually beneficial. (Some are dicks and ERR too).

Facilities can allow swaps when they cannot select. The caveat is that both facilities have to be able to release. Neither has to be able to make selections.

SWAPs are addressed after NCEPT selections though, you are correct there.

Back
Top Bottom