ZJX

How is the staffing? I’m from Jacksonville, currently working at Savannah and looking for my final move back home
Technically, as in CPC targets they’re over staffed. Reality they’re understaffed. I was there for 7 years and currently at ZDV for 7 years. It’s way busier at ZJX but whatever reason they call for 17 less CPC’s.

On paper, we are over staffed. Which is absolutely laughable. Every area is on 6 day weeks and that will last most likely another whole year. I transferred from ZMP and they require 256 CPCs for full staffing. We are wayyyy busier here and only require 241 for some odd reason.

On paper, we are over staffed. Which is absolutely laughable. Every area is on 6 day weeks and that will last most likely another whole year. I transferred from ZMP and they require 256 CPCs for full staffing. We are wayyyy busier here and only require 241 for some odd reason.
Yeah ZDV requires 258 and the comparison of traffic isn’t close. The FAA should revisit these facility staffing numbers because whatever method they used 10+ years ago is bogus.

The CPC target numbers are less effected by FPL or traffic count and more effected by total positions to be staffed and are all certainly very old and need to be readdressed. Some would change dramatically.

The CPC target numbers are less effected by FPL or traffic count and more effected by total positions to be staffed and are all certainly very old and need to be readdressed. Some would change dramatically.
Sounds like a task for Lebovidge to disregard like the previous administration did. No reason to rock the boat and get an accurate enroute traffic count and facility level going

Or Chicago ! Beautiful weather just like Jax. Raining every day, hot and humid in the summer. Road construction all the time. You can get your workout in before work in the winter by cleaning snow off your car and driveway. You can’t do that in Jax! Still plenty of places to golf. You’ll save your money though since you can only golf 6 months of the year instead of 12 ! If you’re not sold yet....not sure what more I could say

Are there any current ZJX workers that would spare a few min to chat about the area and stuff? I got an offer to go there but wanna make sure my family will be happier.

Are there any current ZJX workers that would spare a few min to chat about the area and stuff? I got an offer to go there but wanna make sure my family will be happier.
First thing about the area to remember is ZJX is in Nassau County not Duval. Hilliard where the center is located is a small one stop light town with nothing but 2 gas stations, a few restaurants, and a Winn Dixie. It’s about 40 minutes from the north side of Jacksonville. Or 35 minutes from Yulee Florida if your someone looking to rent in any type of apartment complex. If you’re picturing the culture of living in Jacksonville similar to that of other metro areas in Florida like Orlando, Tampa, Miami, etc you would be incorrect, especially in Nassau county where ZJX is located.

First thing about the area to remember is ZJX is in Nassau County not Duval. Hilliard where the center is located is a small one stop light town with nothing but 2 gas stations, a few restaurants, and a Winn Dixie. It’s about 40 minutes from the north side of Jacksonville. Or 35 minutes from Yulee Florida if your someone looking to rent in any type of apartment complex. If you’re picturing the culture of living in Jacksonville similar to that of other metro areas in Florida like Orlando, Tampa, Miami, etc you would be incorrect, especially in Nassau county where ZJX is located.
Yeah but they’re totally gonna be a 12…

…Someday

Back
Top Bottom