ZNY placement

inthrewtheoutdor

Got TOL Terminal today.
About a year ago I asked around and was told getting ZNY was possible because it was a volunteer facility and basically if you requested it they would send you even if it wasnt on the list to fill.
I really would prefer to stay in NY where I live now.
Is ZNY still accepting, any recent grads hear this?
Also what are the chances I email the HR rep and request to switch to enroute, because I'm certain no one gets n90 out of OKC.

Got TOL Terminal today.
About a year ago I asked around and was told getting ZNY was possible because it was a volunteer facility and basically if you requested it they would send you even if it wasnt on the list to fill.
Also what are the chances I email the HR rep and request to switch to enroute, because I'm certain no one gets n90 out of OKC.
Granted, you are not close to the academy, but ZNY is currently not a volunteer facility due to their training backlog. They are not accepting academy grads until March, with the potential for that to be extended. ZNY, however, is basically the last guaranteed selection facility going into every NCEPT (transfer) panel. They usually have the ability to select 80+ and they only get a handful of ERRs (transfer requests). If you want ZNY it's not a matter of if but when you would eventually get there. If that's your dream facility, make the request to switch to enroute. If they decline, you would have little trouble getting there after certifying at a terminal facility.

Last edited:
We were told ZNY is training hold but you could still get it if that’s where you wanted to go. Not sure if that’s accurate.

Got TOL Terminal today.

There are towers in NY that academy grads get sent to. Check out the Facility placement list. You can always ask HR if you can switch to enroute, but there is not guarantee that they will accommodate your request, and even if they do theres no guarantee that you will get ZNY.

Oh wow, seems like they just implemented it not too long ago. Maybe my mental timeline is off.

It went from July 2016-July 2017. It kicked in a week after I checked out. Bastards never told anyone it was coming so I could've held off a week.

Back
Top Bottom