2021 Convention

BDUB

Forum Sage
When does the vote on NCEPT happen at this Houston convention? Nothing? Don’t bring it up because we can’t make the NATCA heads look bad? ?

Nope. I guess Facreps hearing about NCEPT for the past 5yrs and how it’s a broken system isn’t enough to draw a discussion or provision though. There’s always next year they say ?
Yeah that’s not how that works. Me hearing you bitch in the break room doesn’t mean I start feverishly writing amendments. Be an adult and write your own amendment. Argue why you think it is important. I would fight for any of my members at convention if they were passionate about their own amendment. Being an internet/break room tough guy doesn’t warrant action by others.

You would probably be upset by any amendment concerning NCEPT anyway.

Yeah that’s not how that works. Me hearing you bitch in the break room doesn’t mean I start feverishly writing amendments. Be an adult and write your own amendment. Argue why you think it is important. I would fight for any of my members at convention if they were passionate about their own amendment. Being an internet/break room tough guy doesn’t warrant action by others.

You would probably be upset by any amendment concerning NCEPT anyway.
Have you ever heard anyone in the break room saving about how tight Ncept Is

Excuse me Mr FAA but our unions constitution just got amended to say we don't like NCEPT so you have to let me transfer to Denver tower
Funny but that is kinda the rub. The ERR process is set out in the contract and an MOU, not the constitution. The best we could probably do is write a resolution which directs the union to TRY to change NCEPT. Next Convention is 2023, so start writing.

Funny but that is kinda the rub. The ERR process is set out in the contract and an MOU, not the constitution. The best we could probably do is write a resolution which directs the union to TRY to change NCEPT. Next Convention is 2023, so start writing.

Exactly and even if you put it in there, it's not like lebovidge is gonna go in there and start trashing his own creation. The Lil weasel doesn't care what us peons think, those crooks just want to stamp their name on something

While we're on the subject of the convention, my two proposals got roundly defeated. The proposal to make CBA extensions subject to membership ratification was voted down nearly unanimously, as best as I could hear on the choppy livestream. The proposal to require membership notification and surveying before starting contract talks didn't even get a second.

I’m not surprised. I am surprised however they they voted to tie national eboard salaries to our pay raises.

I’m not surprised. I am surprised however they they voted to tie national eboard salaries to our pay raises.

Up next: a vote on yearly GoFundMe campaigns for executives and mandating local contributions.

happy finn balor GIF by WWE
Get Money GIF by Lil Man Man

While we're on the subject of the convention, my two proposals got roundly defeated. The proposal to make CBA extensions subject to membership ratification was voted down nearly unanimously, as best as I could hear on the choppy livestream. The proposal to require membership notification and surveying before starting contract talks didn't even get a second.
So think about this: is it a giant conspiracy by the people in attendance or are you missing something and the amendments just aren’t great?

Yeah that’s not how that works. Be an adult and write your own amendment. Argue why you think it is important. I would fight for any of my members at convention if they were passionate about their own amendment. Being an internet/break room tough guy doesn’t warrant action by others.
So think about this: is it a giant conspiracy by the people in attendance or are you missing something and the amendments just aren’t great?
"Don't be a lazy whiner; show some initiative and submit something! A FacRep will fight on behalf of their member!"

**Someone submits an amendment to be considered.**

"LOLZ ur amendment sux! GTFO."

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

is it a giant conspiracy by the people in attendance
Your words, not mine. I just reported what I saw on the livestream. I'm not spouting off about NCEPT and leadership salaries.

But it is very possible that the amendments aren't that great. Certainly I feel like they make sense and are necessary, that's why I submitted them. I did post here and on Reddit earlier this summer asking for help drafting them, editing, ideas, whatever, and I didn't get many bites. Obviously the delegates at the convention didn't like them as much as I did.

All the proposals are still visible on the NATCA website. I would genuinely love to hear your feedback on them, if you have any.

"Don't be a lazy whiner; show some initiative and submit something! A FacRep will fight on behalf of their member!"

**Someone submits an amendment to be considered.**

"LOLZ ur amendment sux! GTFO."

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor
His FACREP did speak on his behalf. Quite eloquently.

Your words, not mine. I just reported what I saw on the livestream. I'm not spouting off about NCEPT and leadership salaries.

But it is very possible that the amendments aren't that great. Certainly I feel like they make sense and are necessary, that's why I submitted them. I did post here and on Reddit earlier this summer asking for help drafting them, editing, ideas, whatever, and I didn't get many bites. Obviously the delegates at the convention didn't like them as much as I did.

All the proposals are still visible on the NATCA website. I would genuinely love to hear your feedback on them, if you have any.
I didn’t think they were great or necessary, hence why I voted against one and didn’t second the other. When your congressman votes on a bill, does he poll you first or ask permission?

I truly understand why you proposed them, I just don’t feel it is what is in our best interest. Especially if you understand the timing of why they elected to extend the contract. I

Back
Top Bottom