2024 NATCA President Election

I'll say it again. We don't negotiate with Biden. We negotiate with a dude in the FAA who is a giant piece of shit and is still there even though Trump is no longer in office. Doesn't matter how "labor friendly" the current administration supposedly is, unless Biden goes out and specifically orders that guy to give us what we want (even then, I doubt he would), he is going to try to screw us as much as possible, unless something changes between now and when we negotiate.
so just puss out? Everyone has a boss. The sec of trans is above everyone in the FAA and below Biden. This is exactly why every other union is very vocal in the press pleading their case. We had a story on nbc news tonight and our union wasn’t on it at all.

I'll say it again. We don't negotiate with Biden. We negotiate with a dude in the FAA who is a giant piece of shit and is still there even though Trump is no longer in office. Doesn't matter how "labor friendly" the current administration supposedly is, unless Biden goes out and specifically orders that guy to give us what we want (even then, I doubt he would), he is going to try to screw us as much as possible, unless something changes between now and when we negotiate.
So what you're saying is that we negotiate with a bureaucratic cog who will do what he is told by those above him?

So, for a CRAZY example: if our union/membership were to exert some sort of coercive yet legally ambiguous leverage, that "cog" would likely be told to give the concessions that were requested in the hopes of sweeping everything under the rug so as not to blow up another news cycle with the incompetence of the the administration/department?

Oh... okay!

Kamala Harris Reaction GIF by The Democrats

RAZE... WEN?

If we get a raise or better conditions then every single sup will get it too. There’s gonna be a groundswell of support to get a better deal done. But you have to ask!
So you're saying I should have put in for that Supe bid because they will get a raise on top the nice raises most of them get yearly?

so just puss out? Everyone has a boss. The sec of trans is above everyone in the FAA and below Biden. This is exactly why every other union is very vocal in the press pleading their case. We had a story on nbc news tonight and our union wasn’t on it at all.

So what you're saying is that we negotiate with a bureaucratic cog who will do what he is told by those above him?

So, for a CRAZY example: if our union/membership were to exert some sort of coercive yet legally ambiguous leverage, that "cog" would likely be told to give the concessions that were requested in the hopes of sweeping everything under the rug so as not to blow up another news cycle with the incompetence of the the administration/department?

Oh... okay!

Kamala Harris Reaction GIF by The Democrats

RAZE... WEN?
No, I'm not saying puss out, but everyone is like "we can get whatever because Biden!!!" which is absolutely false, and there are definitely reasons the union should be tentative about opening the contract. And regardless of what that guy is told to do, he's a federal employee hating Trumpian jerkoff, and will do nothing (or at best the absolute minimum) to try to help us, or give something while taking away 2x as much elsewhere, etc...

Most of you have no idea how things actually get accomplished, so I'm trying to give some perspective on things.

No, I'm not saying puss out, but everyone is like "we can get whatever because Biden!!!" which is absolutely false, and there are definitely reasons the union should be tentative about opening the contract. And regardless of what that guy is told to do, he's a federal employee hating Trumpian jerkoff, and will do nothing (or at best the absolute minimum) to try to help us, or give something while taking away 2x as much elsewhere, etc...

Most of you have no idea how things actually get accomplished, so I'm trying to give some perspective on things.
We just see every other union getting it done and other federal unions getting raises and 25% bonuses. Very cool.

I ain't looking for things to "get accomplished" in the manner of how they've been getting accomplished.

It's time to have a "Union" that isn't afraid to aim for the head and to whack some fuckin' kneecaps.

... metaphorically speaking, of course. ❤️❤️❤️
Damn right and if they don’t start you can keep hearing these candidates talk about discord, chaos and wanting to dissolving them as they currently are. They are talking about it I think they know they need to step TFU or membership going to be below 50% and they can go eat at Waffle House.

I ain't looking for things to "get accomplished" in the manner of how they've been getting accomplished.

It's time to have a "Union" that isn't afraid to aim for the head and to whack some fuckin' kneecaps.

... metaphorically speaking, of course. ❤️❤️❤️
Good luck with that. You keep forgetting we have no real power since we can't strike. Lots of big talk, with nothing to back it up.

Good luck with that. You keep forgetting we have no real power since we can't strike. Lots of big talk, with nothing to back it up.
No federal employee can strike. So explain how tsa got a huge raise and how we negotiate the slate book. And how prison guards got a massive bonus.

1707514788080.png

Last edited:
No federal employee can strike. So explain how tsa got a huge raise and how we negotiate the slate book. And how prison guards got a massive bonus.
TSA got a "huge raise" that got them to be matched to the GS scale equivalent to them... Congrats to them on making the pay they should have always had as a government employee. They were definitely underpaid prior to this and good for them for getting the deal done and help stop the bleeding (well slow it) of people leaving the TSA.

Our ask is to raise our scale that's already above the GS scale to an even higher level than that. That's a much harder ask and even harder to get the big guys at the FAA and DOT to sign off on it. Doesn't mean they shouldn't try though.

Our ask is to raise our scale that's already above the GS scale to an even higher level than that. That's a much harder ask and even harder to get the big guys at the FAA and DOT to sign off on it. Doesn't mean they shouldn't try though.
A "hard ask" is such a defeatist mentality, you gotta put that shit mindset to bed.

We keep the skies safe. Without us, people can die. People get delayed and stranded. Commerce drops off a fuckin' cliff.

NATCA needs to fuckin' negotiate like it and beat their fuckin' chests like goddamn silverbacks at the negotiating table. Yeah, we can't fuckin' strike. But we can be sick from fatigue. We can refuse to answer calls for OT. We can follow the CBA to the letter and grind shit to a halt until we get what we fuckin' want.

Or we can be fuckin' losers about it and keep losing at every fuckin' turn.

Sorry for the language: I just opened a letter with my wife's new doctor copays and just checked EmployeeExpress to see how much more they're charging me for the same damn health insurance now too.

TSA got a "huge raise" that got them to be matched to the GS scale equivalent to them... Congrats to them on making the pay they should have always had as a government employee. They were definitely underpaid prior to this and good for them for getting the deal done and help stop the bleeding (well slow it) of people leaving the TSA.

TSA is a zero skill job that almost anyone with a pulse can be hired to do. There are fewer people qualified to be air traffic controllers than brain surgeons in this country. And each of those takes 2-5 years of training after one of the most selective hiring practices in the federal government.

So Micky has already proven we are underpaid compared to GS. Why do controllers argue against their own interest. It’s the weirdest fucking think. Some people are acting like most of us are at the cap.

TSA is a zero skill job that almost anyone with a pulse can be hired to do. There are fewer people qualified to be air traffic controllers than brain surgeons in this country. And each of those takes 2-5 years of training after one of the most selective hiring practices in the federal government.
Not only is that not true (there are about 4 times more certified controllers than neurosurgeons). But they aren't really comparable at all. One requires over 10 years of post high school education. And ATC training can be done in terminal environments with less than 2 years of training with no experience at all.

If you are seriously comparing yourself to a brain surgeon, then you might be in need of a brain surgeon. Do you ask for an ATC discount at IHOP and demand them thank you for your service?

Not only is that not true (there are about 4 times more certified controllers than neurosurgeons). But they aren't really comparable at all. One requires over 10 years of post high school education. And ATC training can be done in terminal environments with less than 2 years of training with no experience at all.

If you are seriously comparing yourself to a brain surgeon, then you might be in need of a brain surgeon. Do you ask for an ATC discount at IHOP and demand them thank you for your service?
I meant surgeons in general vs. just brain surgeons but you get the point.

Compare washout rates

So Micky has already proven we are underpaid compared to GS. Why do controllers argue against their own interest. It’s the weirdest fucking think. Some people are acting like most of us are at the cap.
None of us are arguing against our own interest (except that one guy who's name I can't remember). We're just saying opening the contract isn't some thing we should just mindlessly do because it will be so easy to win, like some of you are making it sound like. Believe it or not, there are multiple variables to consider.

I do also think we should have opened it, but I understand what else is at play.

Back
Top Bottom