Best Airlines Miles Card

As awesome as first-class is, I think I'd rather have 3 round-trip economy flights over one first-class. You could just be a total suck ass and bring candy or some shit for the pilots and FOs and get the upgrade fo frizzle
Are you flying 3 times a year? Usually we do one weeklong Hawaii trip that we fly economy and pay for, and one international 2-3 week trip that we use miles for F. Have done at least one F international flight a year for 4 out of the last 5 years. QR, LH, CX, ANA, SQ. Was supposed to do EY Apartments last year, but that got canceled because... you know.

I have no tact, so if I tried your method I'd probably find myself kicked off the flight for interrupting pre-flight duties.

Thank you all for your insightful information. And the mods really want to keep that training hold thread, about the training hold

NGL, y’all really pay $550/year for a credit card?

The Sapphire Reserve is gonna be $550, but they postponed the increase because of the pandemic.
$450 fee offset by a $300 travel credit. Plus one time global entry reimbursement, plus Priority Pass membership. Also has saved me some money with included Doordash and Lyft memberships.

Are you flying 3 times a year? Usually we do one weeklong Hawaii trip that we fly economy and pay for, and one international 2-3 week trip that we use miles for F. Have done at least one F international flight a year for 4 out of the last 5 years. QR, LH, CX, ANA, SQ. Was supposed to do EY Apartments last year, but that got canceled because... you know.

I have no tact, so if I tried your method I'd probably find myself kicked off the flight for interrupting pre-flight duties.
Nah usually just one big vacation a year and then some weekend shit...but how do you rack up enough points for a first-class international ticket every year? You putting $100k on your card every year? Lol

Nah usually just one big vacation a year and then some weekend shit...but how do you rack up enough points for a first-class international ticket every year? You putting $100k on your card every year? Lol
Churning.
There are about 50-60 cards that offer various sign up bonuses 50-80K a pop. Typically I sign up for 4-8 cards in a year.
Best offers come from Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210228-213414_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210228-213414_Chrome.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 18
Oh but they do!

1: A credit score says something about your relationship with debt, it is not necessarily indicative of financial success or failure. So I have little interest in how low it gets.
But 2:
Do you close your cards or do you just stash them away?

Nice credit score humble-brag ATCJoe85 . ?

Sapphire Reserve is absolutely worth the fee IF it's perks are ones you will regularly use. American Express also has one similar to the Sapphire Reserve that is worth it as well.

NGL, my basic ass got the Spirit Mastercard and Delta American Express when I was living out in Las Vegas and flying to Detroit 3+ times a year to visit family; the AmEx was the better card overall, but the benefits on the Spirit Mastercard saved me more money on travel and it's been 8+ years since I have had a negative experience with Spirit. That being said, I no longer live near a Spirit hub so I will be dropping that one after I cash out all my mile for my postponed honeymoon in the fall.

Yearly fees suck, but if you use the benefits of the card then it can end up more than paying for itself.

Nice credit score humble-brag ATCJoe85 . ?

Sapphire Reserve is absolutely worth the fee IF it's perks are ones you will regularly use. American Express also has one similar to the Sapphire Reserve that is worth it as well.

NGL, my basic ass got the Spirit Mastercard and Delta American Express when I was living out in Las Vegas and flying to Detroit 3+ times a year to visit family; the AmEx was the better card overall, but the benefits on the Spirit Mastercard saved me more money on travel and it's been 8+ years since I have had a negative experience with Spirit. That being said, I no longer live near a Spirit hub so I will be dropping that one after I cash out all my mile for my postponed honeymoon in the fall.

Yearly fees suck, but if you use the benefits of the card then it can end up more than paying for itself.
I just knew if I didn't post it, I'd be saying that I don't care about my score, but the assumption would remain that it must be low.

Basically everyone who doesn't play the game believes the myth that a lot of credit card sign-ups/hard inquiries means low score.

Hilton Aspire Card is another great one. Yearly free night, 150K bonus points, $250 resort credit, $250 airline fee credit, and Diamond Status... for $450.
Signed up for 2 Hilton cards, my wife signed up for another 2, and since the yearly free night reward lasts 2 years, when we renewed our cards we ended up with 9 free nights (4 reward nights + 480K points for the other 5 nights) at a $1250+/nt resort, 8 of which were upgraded to a $2K+/nt room.

I just knew if I didn't post it, I'd be saying that I don't care about my score, but the assumption would remain that it must be low.

Basically everyone who doesn't play the game believes the myth that a lot of credit card sign-ups/hard inquiries means low score.

Hilton Aspire Card is another great one. Yearly free night, 150K bonus points, $250 resort credit, $250 airline fee credit, and Diamond Status... for $450.
Signed up for 2 Hilton cards, my wife signed up for another 2, and since the yearly free night reward lasts 2 years, when we renewed our cards we ended up with 9 free nights (4 reward nights + 480K points for the other 5 nights) at a $1250+/nt resort, 8 of which were upgraded to a $2K+/nt room.
I never fully invested time into it. Here I am thinking my Costco visa is far superior ?

You're flying Spirit on your honeymoon?

View attachment 5974
Luckily for me, my wife doesn't know any better when it comes to travel. I bought her engagement and wedding rings with a coupon when the store was having a sale with my academy per diem; I'm all about those savings! ?

Also, I'm fat and Spirit's upcharge for their "big front seat" is the sweet spot of me being able to travel comfortably without paying twice as much for business class.

Back
Top Bottom