Change in new hire personality type?

🚨 🚨 🚨
STOP! In the name of the PC Police!
Oh damn I'm late on the whole AUS thing. I heard about it but never read about it or listened to it till now. Then I read the AUS thread on here. It all makes sense now lol. The criticism is very much deserved. All I'll say is wow!!!

When I got in 14 years ago, all the old timers at the time were saying the exact same thing all the old timers are saying here… this generation is lazy, entitled, they don’t care, etc.

When those old timers had got in 20-30 years prior, all the old timers were saying the same about them….there is no change in the people, you changed.

When I got in 14 years ago, all the old timers at the time were saying the exact same thing all the old timers are saying here… this generation is lazy, entitled, they don’t care, etc.

When those old timers had got in 20-30 years prior, all the old timers were saying the same about them….there is no change in the people, you changed.
This is absolutely untrue. Gen z is much more aware of social equality, fairness, etc. I mean zny didn't have a woman cpc until what, the 90s?

There has been a change in people that's causing a struggle between the light beer drinking boys club that decides who makes it, and the newer generation giving everyone a fair shot.

They could make 21 jump street about an air traffic facility and it would work fine

There has been a change in people that's causing a struggle between the light beer drinking boys club that decides who makes it, and the newer generation giving everyone a fair shot.
Yeah everyone gets a fair shot and then when that fair shot runs over their hours it’s TRB after TRB to where basically everyone gets certified once they claim oppression. Once the FAA stopped looking for the best the controlling only got worse, and will continue to do so

This is absolutely untrue. Gen z is much more aware of social equality, fairness, etc. I mean zny didn't have a woman cpc until what, the 90s?

They could make 21 jump street about an air traffic facility and it would work fine
Thanks Obama

Yeah everyone gets a fair shot and then when that fair shot runs over their hours it’s TRB after TRB to where basically everyone gets certified once they claim oppression. Once the FAA stopped looking for the best the controlling only got worse, and will continue to do so
Yeah like in the 80s or 90s when if you were a woman or minority you didn't certify without a ton of extra bs

There is unbelievably much less veterans which is hard for me to understand. I think maybe because I'm at a center and most vets are going to terminal facilities. But honestly I remember tons of vets coming to centers prior to 2015. It’s strange.
Probably because so much word about the agency travels around the military now. Active duty controllers really don’t want to go from working the same shift Monday through Friday with an occasional weekend shift to working rotating shifts and 60 hour weeks. It could also be marginally due to the fact that ever since the Air force gave up the few en-route scopes that it used to have out at Nellis AFB from the Las Vegas Center days, there’s effectively no way for .mil controllers of any branch to get en route experience.

I think ex military controllers have always been a mixed bag. Some are as advertised while others make you question if they weren't really a cook and lied on their application lol.
The broad spectrum of “controllers” that roll out of the military is probably due to a difference in operational necessity so we all train differently. Some of us work slower bombers/tankers while some work fast fighters. And especially in the radar, this can drastically change the experience you get with MOAs, Ranges, Restricted Areas etc., not to mention the dozens of waivers involved with military sorties. It’s just a totally different kind of ATC. That said, some ex-.mil controllers have experience that translates to the FAA better than others for working air carrier and GA traffic. Not making excuses for some of the very shitty prior .mil controllers in the agency but that’s what I’ve noticed as prior mil myself.

Difference is it was way easier to wash out 15+ years ago.

Now it is MUCH harder to get rid of people, and that’s a fact. I mean when you look at NATCA and see the purpose of a TRB is stated “not to evaluate the trainee, but to ensure the process and paperwork and meetings were all performed correctly”, it’s super hard to get rid of people.

And even if all that is done to a T, they’ll go to the NEST regardless and become a lower facility’s problem

Whoa big fucking deal they didn’t get 8 hours of OJF…but they don’t know their map and put planes together , give them another 1,000 hours 🥰

The last TRB I attended for a garbage trainee, they asked me why I didn’t personally take him to classroom/SDT and teach him the bookwork…yet he was upstairs for like 8 months doing nothing and didn’t bother to learn any of it 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom