CIC Pay Discrepancies

GMX

Trusted Contributor
On a whim I checked my CIC hours on the last pay statement versus what Cru-ART stated. I was paid 4+45 hours less than what the Cru-ART said I have.

I went back and checked through Pay Period #2017-01 to now and was underpaid paid CIC for about 20 hours in 2017 and around 40 so far in 2018. Some pay periods paid over by a few minutes, a few were paid EXACTLY to the minute what Cru-ART said, and several were paid 1-5 hours less.

I had a few other people check theirs and they are also showing multiple discrepancies. I notified management and they said I guess theres going to be an audit for the whole facility. They did one late last year for some reason but the adjustments made didn't cover what I show I'm still owed (never checked back then).

They think it has something to do with how we configure positions and CIC when on the Mid and one goes to break or fatigue mitigation, but no one can really say exactly.

Anyone else ever run into this problem?

At one point there was a weird rule about having only one CIC. Like if a shift was one person in the tower and one person in the tracon, only one of them would be cic. Don’t know if it’s still round but if you’re at an up/down it might be that

At one point there was a weird rule about having only one CIC. Like if a shift was one person in the tower and one person in the tracon, only one of them would be cic. Don’t know if it’s still round but if you’re at an up/down it might be that
Yes I remember that rule as well and we did it for a long time. I think they made the person in the tower the one who got paid but that went away a few years ago. Now if one is up and one is down, both get the CIC pay. On the mid we both work in tower and have d-brite for radar. They say when combining positions we're supposed to combine to the tower radar position, but the cic still says tower CIC not tracon CIC.

It still doesn't explain why some pay periods paid to the exact minute and others didn't. Just wondered if it was a software problem or human data entry problem and if other people ever saw this too.

Back
Top Bottom