DOT holiday time off

Worth a grievance to find out. Purely my opinion, but:

Slate Book Article 29 Section 12 says you're eligible for EA outside of what is explicitly outlined. The exception listed in the DOT notification is for "mission-critical" employees and pertains to emergency situations ONLY (HRPM EMS-11.5). So unless an employee's absence creates an emergency situation (staffing level), excused absences should be permitted.

But that's just this idiot's take on the subject. And this idiot will be leaving 3 hours early tomorrow.
So there was also this email

To begin the upcoming holiday weekend, Secretary Buttigieg has approved a three-hour early release on Friday, September 2 for all DOT federal employees in work status, including telework. Employees designated as essential personnel may be required by their supervisor to remain on duty.

Philip A. McNamara

Assistant Secretary for Administration

To begin the upcoming holiday weekend, Secretary Buttigieg has approved a three-hour early release on Friday, September 2 for all DOT federal employees in work status, including telework. Employees designated as essential personnel may be required by their supervisor to remain on duty.

Philip A. McNamara

Maybe our glorious union should collaborate with the FFA and ensure that we get leave when applicable or compensated if we can't get leave

Philip A. McNamara

May, not will/shall/must. Language matters, and that phrasing indicates that essential personal may also NOT be required by their supervisor.

yeah that’s what i was getting at. if it didn’t apply to us it would have said shall. using the word “may” sounds like staffing permitting it would be applicable
ATCS are allowed this time off. If you are not getting this(staffing permitted obviously) you need to reach out to your RVP. There is even a code in ART for it. If your OS/OM says anything else PM me for my phone number and have them call me for clarification.

ATCS are allowed this time off. If you are not getting this(staffing permitted obviously) you need to reach out to your RVP. There is even a code in ART for it. If your OS/OM says anything else PM me for my phone number and have them call me for clarification.
Yup we have gotten this the last few times sometimes it’s only an hour/hour and a half and it’s first in/first out

I told my ATM that 123456 said it was approved and he once again told me to go fly a kite even though we have the staffing for it. I'm batting .000 on getting it approved.

It’s so fucked up that all the fat fucks up in the offices that don’t do shit anyways get to leave 3 hours early while half the controllers are being forced to stay for 10 hour days. At the very least, they should give all the essential personnel 3 credit hours or something. Why the hell doesn’t the union speak out publicly about this? Messaging some guy on PointSixtyFive is the only option? Guess they’re still busy patting themselves on the back for the *temporary* 10% OJTI increase.

Again the only result of the union "speaking out about this" is, that everyone loses the excused absence. The union would be taking away something that some of the membership gets. Sometimes, other members, get things that you don't. Guess what? Sometimes, you get things that others don't.

Again the only result of the union "speaking out about this" is, that everyone loses the excused absence. The union would be taking away something that some of the membership gets. Sometimes, other members, get things that you don't. Guess what? Sometimes, you get things that others don't.
Such as?

That wouldn’t happen and is an absolutely ridiculous take. Are we DOT employees or not? Just because we are considered essential doesn’t mean the union should cower in its corner in the instances where the leave should be approved when there could be a “collaborative” solution.

As someone who has made some terrible takes. What a terrible take lmao.

Back
Top Bottom