DOT holiday time off

My Supervisor says it doesn't apply to us.
It does apply to all DOT employees. Have your facrep/area rep get involved by calling the RVP. The RVP should know and if they don’t, they will contact the GM of the district and ask them. If leave is available, admin leave is approvable.

you can’t use in conjunction with other types of leave. You have to be in work status prior to the admin leave.

It does apply to all DOT employees. Have your facrep/area rep get involved by calling the RVP. The RVP should know and if they don’t, they will contact the GM of the district and ask them. If leave is available, admin leave is approvable.

you can’t use in conjunction with other types of leave. You have to be in work status prior to the admin leave.
Yeah I was gonna say if you put an annual before that day they will approve your annual and you won’t get any of the “secretary Pete leave” or whatever it’s called. In our facility it’s basically first comes first goes to try to make it fair for everyone. So the guy that showed up last to the shift and requested his time off first doesn’t get to go home first. We actually aren’t required to put in any kind of request.

I told my facrep and he is looking into it. It's been an hour now of me kind of just sitting here in a holding pattern...
It also doesnt have to be 3 hours either, you can have it be just 30 mins of admin. it says "UP TO 3 HOURS" so good luck!

My facility releases all the people they can. Everyone usually gets something as we have a bit of an overlap between all the crews. Some people get the whole amount.

Yeah I was gonna say if you put an annual before that day they will approve your annual and you won’t get any of the “secretary Pete leave” or whatever it’s called. In our facility it’s basically first comes first goes to try to make it fair for everyone. So the guy that showed up last to the shift and requested his time off first doesn’t get to go home first. We actually aren’t required to put in any kind of request.
I request excused leave as soon as the email from the secretary comes out. I reference the reason in the remarks. If leave is available it's approved.

so you guys that had issues getting it approved…were you able to get it straightened out? im trying to get it approved for mayor petes 3 hour Labor Day and management is denying it saying it doesn’t apply cause we “mission critical”

RVP doesn’t deal with the GM. RVP deals with the service area director.

ARVP deals with the GM.

so you guys that had issues getting it approved…were you able to get it straightened out? im trying to get it approved for mayor petes 3 hour Labor Day and management is denying it saying it doesn’t apply cause we “mission critical
Shit never gets approved. Speaking of, did he put out guidance yet? I put in my request months ago just in case

so you guys that had issues getting it approved…were you able to get it straightened out? im trying to get it approved for mayor petes 3 hour Labor Day and management is denying it saying it doesn’t apply cause we “mission critical”
Worth a grievance to find out. Purely my opinion, but:

Slate Book Article 29 Section 12 says you're eligible for EA outside of what is explicitly outlined. The exception listed in the DOT notification is for "mission-critical" employees and pertains to emergency situations ONLY (HRPM EMS-11.5). So unless an employee's absence creates an emergency situation (staffing level), excused absences should be permitted.

But that's just this idiot's take on the subject. And this idiot will be leaving 3 hours early tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom