Enroute Class pass rate

Lmao they lost the best 2 facilities
Still one ZKC slot. I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but it seems ZOA is frowned upon heavily here but I dont hear much the same about ZLA. Is it simply workplace culture, or am I missing something? Am I assuming they would be similar just because they're in the same state, when that has no bearing on how "good" a facility is?

Still one ZKC slot. I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but it seems ZOA is frowned upon heavily here but I dont hear much the same about ZLA. Is it simply workplace culture, or am I missing something? Am I assuming they would be similar just because they're in the same state, when that has no bearing on how "good" a facility is?
ZOA, isnt a bad facility, but it’s in an expensive area to live in. ZLA is in Palmdale, which is cheaper to live at. ZOA culture is chill though, for what it’s worth.

ZLA is cheaper. ZOA isn’t bad if you are from the area. But so many people have gotten mandatoried there that have no desire to be there it kind of sucks

Southern California native at ZOA. If you are only considering location, choose ZOA if you are looking for a fun place to live and choose ZLA if you have a family or are a home body. The culture at ZOA is great in that there are very few of those old school controllers that will give you shit. I’ve heard ZLA‘s culture is pretty good from someone in my academy class but controllers at ZOA who have been around praise the culture here. Training at ZOA can be extrmeely fast once you get a classdate (less than 2 years) but given the backlog I’d recommend going to ZLA because it’s likely that new AGs showing up will have to wait 1+ years to even start Stage III. Due to the pandemic, it’ll be a lot of the same at most Z’s but I would take the gamble and join the backlog elsewhere based on the room I am sitting in with 30 AGs and counting.

It was a joke. It’s crazy how fast you get people below you at a center.
That’s the truth! When I left ZMP after being there for shy of 3yrs I had 16 people below me in seniority in my area….. been in the agency 6yrs & some change now and have 3 below me here ?

ZLA is great if you’re in one of the 2 areas working none of the traffic, with all of the staffing.
The areas that work the level 12 traffic into LAX are down to about 23-26 CPCs, work 6 days a week, every week, and work 1.5-2 hours more on position a day than the 2 areas over Vegas that do nothing but somehow both have 35+ people.

Guess which areas the big NATCA leadership in the facility are from lol.

ZLA is great if you’re in one of the 2 areas working none of the traffic, with all of the staffing.
The areas that work the level 12 traffic into LAX are down to about 23-26 CPCs, work 6 days a week, every week, and work 1.5-2 hours more on position a day than the 2 areas over Vegas that do nothing but somehow both have 35+ people.

Idk why facilities don’t do internal re alignments if it gets that out of whack

Idk why facilities don’t do internal re alignments if it gets that out of whack

My old area in my old facility (a Z) lost a CPC due to re-alignment. I’m pretty sure a bid was put out before they forced the most junior CPC(s) to change areas.

As far as I know the area they went to wasn’t known for a spectacular pass-rate (not even sure if this is why they were short). I don’t know if the trainees didn’t put in enough work to cert, they were getting crummy trainees, or everything was “normal” and they had retirements happening faster than they could be replaced.

Guess which two areas also have the best training culture? Not to mention those hard staffed areas are also flooded with trainees and have been for years.

Best give the whole picture if you’re gonna shit on your own facility.

L26 being from one of the busy areas? What would you consider L27. ZOA here. I also can’t imagine having 35 cpc’s in an area, must be nice

Guess which two areas also have the best training culture? Not to mention those hard staffed areas are also flooded with trainees and have been for years.

Best give the whole picture if you’re gonna shit on your own facility.
“Training culture”= An area over the Grand Canyon that runs 3 sectors most of the day and has more staffing than areas running 5-6 sectors + needing a CPC as a D-side most of the time.
But yes they can get people signed off really quickly because they have more staffing and less difficulty.
If I were one of the people in the areas with 35+ bodies doing nothing all day I’d be defending the facility too. Instead I show up to work with fewer CPCs on the shift than those areas have on break. But there’s no imbalance!

“Training culture”= An area over the Grand Canyon that runs 3 sectors most of the day and has more staffing than areas running 5-6 sectors + needing a CPC as a D-side most of the time.
But yes they can get people signed off really quickly because they have more staffing and less difficulty.
If I were one of the people in the areas with 35+ bodies doing nothing all day I’d be defending the facility too. Instead I show up to work with fewer CPCs on the shift than those areas have on break. But there’s no imbalance!
I wish I was in one of those two areas lol

How does two areas having better staffing and easier traffic affect how training is conducted in yours and the other critically staffed area? What’s the fix? The two critically staffed areas both have plenty of trainees that can’t even be trained efficiently. I want staffing across the board to be better here but I’m just not seeing how other areas are to blame for that issue.

I wish I was in one of those two areas lol

How does two areas having better staffing and easier traffic affect how training is conducted in yours and the other critically staffed area? What’s the fix? The two critically staffed areas both have plenty of trainees that can’t even be trained efficiently. I want staffing across the board to be better here but I’m just not seeing how other areas are to blame for that issue.
at least where I’m at areas can train their people vastly differently. One area might get everyone 6 hours a day. Another might not want to shorten anyone’s breaks and people only get 1-2 hours. Another but one is some areas/sups make everyone go max no matter what. Other areas will check you out 1 min over mins if you are ready.

the min hours versus max hours can be months to years at a center when you add up all the different sectors.

Back
Top Bottom