Enroute Class pass rate

When I went through years ago, it was whatever that was on the list. If its not listed as an alt, no go. Not sure if policy changed. Doubt it though
One WANTED to go to Oakland and they said no. Then four mandatory Oakland's for following class. Makes no sense but that's how it is lol
Sounds about right, thanks for the reply. That's like the FAAs apparent total aversion to recycling students who came close to passing. I've been in a LE academy, they recycled persons worthy of it, and of course the military does it as well. I find it strange the FAA would spend years sifting a suitable candidate out of thousands and thousands, spend all that money on their background checks, drug tests, and training for 4 or 5 months, and then drop them like a hot potato if they miss by 2 percentage points. ?‍♂️

Is it possible to request an OCONUS center, if it is within the threshold necessary, but is not strictly listed as an "alt" choice?
When I was there, I remember hearing OCONUS has to be in the top 250 or 200 and it can be requested. Someone in my class tried to request ZAN, but got denied since it was soo far down.

Is it possible to request an OCONUS center, if it is within the threshold necessary, but is not strictly listed as an "alt" choice?
Went through the academy at the end of last year. They seem to have become more lenient about requesting certain facilities. I know people who have requested New York, Oakland, Honolulu, Guam, and Alaska. I believe Honolulu and Guam required personal attachments.

Went through the academy at the end of last year. They seem to have become more lenient about requesting certain facilities. I know people who have requested New York, Oakland, Honolulu, Guam, and Alaska. I believe Honolulu and Guam required personal attachments.
Someone here just went and requested Guam a couple weeks ago. Not sure if he got it. Then someone else requested Honolulu, but they’re from Hawaii.

Just a heads up from the way it was when i was there. You have to request the alternate facilitt before your class gets their list. So you can't get your list with shit facilities and then decide you want to go somewhere else. Also once you request and its approved, you cant back track and pick something off your classes list.

Just a heads up from the way it was when i was there. You have to request the alternate facilitt before your class gets their list. So you can't get your list with shit facilities and then decide you want to go somewhere else. Also once you request and its approved, you cant back track and pick something off your classes list.
Ah. I am not surprised to see that they already thought to cover their bases from someone like me with an ingenious backup plan.

Would this work for the terminal track as well? For example if one requested a tracon?

Curious, does anyone know why there was a cluster of classes that were 8/8, 7/8, suddenly 3/8 for a few weeks, and then now it's 6/8 or 5/8?

Back
Top Bottom