Kim's Place OKC

Enroute Class pass rate

Academy Study Guides

nbc1179

Anybody know how the class that placed yesterday did and what their list was? And what the list for this next class looks like?

Ryan petzoldt

Lurker
How many passed/washed in the class that finished on the 10th? What were their center choices?
We passed 5, started with 18. Lost 2 in basics, and 1 during non-radar for family reasons. We had an Anchorage, Seattle, Oakland, Jacksonville, and Atlanta.

Hitchcock

Forum Sage
FAA
Facility
ZDV Denver Center
I know it’s a joke to ask what happened but what would you accredit it to mainly?
By the time you get to evals you’ll know why. Evals are just the only honest part of radar people think they’re doing good and then get slapped in the face with reality. Goes both ways you can also think you’re not that great but you’re actually just harder on yourself then anyone else. Either way nothing you have to worry about until you get halfway through radar runs

randoturbo33

Trusted Contributor
It's a joke because there's never going to be any new answers. Nerves, didn't study, just couldn't do it, or the classic one where they all got the tough evaluators that hardly anyone ever passes
I don't think I've seen this specific question pop up here before, but for those who have gone through the academy, would you say it's fairly easy to identify who's gonna pass or fail early on, at least roughly? For example, out of 18 people in a class, were you basically able to pick 6 to definitely pass, 6 to definitely fail, and 6 who could go either way? Or is it really just impossible to say, and someone who was a rock star all throughout could be blindsided by a 69.9% while someone who barely skated by manages to pass?

Hitchcock

Forum Sage
FAA
Facility
ZDV Denver Center
I don't think I've seen this specific question pop up here before, but for those who have gone through the academy, would you say it's fairly easy to identify who's gonna pass or fail early on, at least roughly? For example, out of 18 people in a class, were you basically able to pick 6 to definitely pass, 6 to definitely fail, and 6 who could go either way? Or is it really just impossible to say, and someone who was a rock star all throughout could be blindsided by a 69.9% while someone who barely skated by manages to pass?
Who cares do your job! Yes obviously you can tell a few who are really good and bad but that doesn’t matter if your good don’t suck on eval day if your bad figure out how to be better

bob smith

Trusted Contributor

You can tell in the first week who has their shit together and who doesn’t. You can probably pick 5 that you know will do well and 5 that won’t. The rest will be somewhere in between. You’ll be able to tell who in your class will pass the week of evals with probably 90% accuracy once you get to that point.

Beware of the classic “I ran a good problem there, only had a an A1 and the instructor didn’t mark me off for my other two sep errors, so I would have got an 84!”

Hitchcock

Forum Sage
FAA
Facility
ZDV Denver Center
Or the “I didn’t have any A1” with a full sheet of B and C errors

Ceedubya

Forum Sage
FAA
Facility
ZKC Kansas City Center
Or the “I didn’t have any A1” with a full sheet of B and C errors
Or my personal favorite, the person with a clean sheet who thinks they rocked the problem but the instructor actually ran it for them.

32andBelow

Forum Sage
Or my personal favorite, the person with a clean sheet who thinks they rocked the problem but the instructor actually ran it for them.
If you catch your istructor running your problems you need to stop asking and tell him to stfu. Once you make a deal all by yourself your unlikely to make that mistake again

Hitchcock

Forum Sage
FAA
Facility
ZDV Denver Center
If you catch your istructor running your problems you need to stop asking and tell him to stfu. Once you make a deal all by yourself your unlikely to make that mistake again
By 11s and 12s they should leave you alone I only had 1 problem that the instructor wouldn’t let me think and kept asking if I did things I did 5 min ago. If it gets to that point just do your best and ignore them take it up with your lead afterwards they are watching. Everyone has a bad run once just don’t let it happen on eval day.